“Ok but not amazing” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Luz de Luna

Luz de Luna
Ranked #6 of 126 Restaurants in Campeche
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Vienna, Austria
“Ok but not amazing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Nice litte restaurant in the city center. We've been eating fajitas de pollo and they were mediocre.. It's ok to eat there if you're hungry - otherwise move on to another place..

• Czech first
Duluth, Minnesota
“Nice little breakfast place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Cute little place that our hotel recommended for a sit down, full breakfast right in Centra. It was just so beautiful and colorful, I was grinning ear to ear when we walked in... The food was rich and flavorful. I had a simple mexican egg scramble dish, and was very pleased. They left us the whole pot of coffee, which really really made me happy. Also the waitress spoke excellent English and they took card.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Pros: decoration, Cons: everything else”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

We were impressed by the decoration while walking by and decided to give this restaurant a try. From the outside it looks very impressive so we hoped the food live up to the decor. Everything went downhill while we started ordering. Between having to wait for the waitress to finish her conversation on her cell phone and responding to us with grunts and hand gestures, we finally got our order in. We got our orders of chicken tacos and grilled fish and the food presentation lived up to the decor. However, after having a bite of each we can confidently say this is by far the worst food we've tasted in Mexico. The tacos were so overcooked (or microwaved) hard we could barely chew it. Felt like chewing on tree bark. The fish was seasoned with pepper and lemon but it tasted so fishy I was not able to finish it. It is the worst fish dish that I've ever eaten from what I can remember. After talking with her friend on her cell phone for a good fifteen minutes the waitress finally remembered that we had ordered a bottle of water too. The only communication we got from the waitress was a gracias when I paid...

Why in the world is this restaurant ranked #3 in Campeche? I can find you 20 street vendors near the bus station that can make way better food than what this place has to offer. Stay away!

Olney, Maryland
“Luz de Luna - A place you will enjoy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

My first trip to Campeche and loved every aspect of this wonderful city. An incredible historic place. Luz de Luna is the place to go for your meals and to have a relaxed and enjoyable time. We had daily brunch and dinner at the restaurant during our 5 day visti. The food was excelent, well prepared and presented. I had a few special requests that were taken care of to my satisfaction. The restaurant owners, Laura and Luis greeted us every single time and spent time with us at the table. Through them we learned so much about Campeche; Luis even took time off from his busy schedule to takes us to a trip to Edzná Mayan ruins and to the evening light show at the old fort. But besides these special perks I enjoyed, I wholeheartly recommend you take your time to enjoy Campeche and the food and friendly environment and hospitality that Luz de Luna staff and owners offers to its clients and friends.

• Visited December 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Food Ok Nice Atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Breakfast was basic Mexican cuisine with quite large portions. Atmosphere is colorful. House coffee is better than American coffees. Breakfast was expensive at about M250 for 2. Service was friendly with free WiFi.