“Cheap Mexican in Campeche's best street”
Review of Luz de Luna

Luz de Luna
Ranked #6 of 132 Restaurants in Campeche
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

This little restaurant is bright and cheerful. The staff are friendly and obliging. The food is reasonable and the price (about 300 pesos for two) is really low. I had the chicken and meat fajitas. These came with fresh tortillas and were tasty but the beef was a little tough. He had the grilled fish with lemon and pepper, which was cooked well. We shared the crepes with ice cream, dulce de leche and banana. We had no complaints and they disappeared quickly. We walked all over the historic town and there were really very few restaurants. The town just doesn't seem that set-up for tourists. This restaurant was one of the better choices, delivering good food at really affordable prices.

There are newer reviews for Luz de Luna

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We went for breakfast, a party of six and were the only ones in the restaurant. The server was a very serious young guy who took ages to take our order but wanted to please. A number of us ordered omelettes but were then told they had not enough eggs for our order.

We changed our order but waited a long time for food. However when it arrived it was good with a nice sized servings.

The restaurant is beautifully decorated with nice serving dishes.
The price was reasonable for what we ordered.

Would I go go again? Maybe. But my advice is to have plenty of time. After being in Mexico for a long period of time we have developed this attitude so we are always prepared to wait.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We liked the environment but my fish was so over cooked I couldn't eat it but my husband's enchiladas were very good. They will go next door to get drinks if you want something more than juice or soft drinks. It was quite cool and windy the night we were there but the street side tables looked really fun.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This place has dishes not common in Mexico in restaurants in this price range. Mains are reasonably priced, and their soups and salads are great. I usually wont eat leafy vegetables in Mexico, but they make a point of telling you how there food is cleaned and prepared. I had a salad with thin slices of apple and other veggies with a great detail to texture, something that is way to often overlooked. It came with a remarkable balsamic vinaigrette with olive oil and a hint of honey. I also had their Honey mustard chicken which was as good as I have had anywhere.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I really liked the decor and feel of this place and would have liked to have given it a better review, but the food wasn't great. I had mushroom burritos which were terrible, members of our party had a terrible arranchera steak (after every other type of steak was not available). We liked the decor and feel so much that we went back for breakfast (minus the friends who had the steak), and it was ok. I think people will have variable experiences here, so it might depend on the day you go.