$147
$80
Ocean View Hotel(Campeche)
$56
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $71/night.

$55
$53
$38
Hotel Socaire(Campeche)
$52
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $60/night.

$52
All reviewsbest western hotelnice balconybusiness centeroverlooking the oceanfiesta inncoffee makergreat location to walkbig seabreakfast buffet was excellentview of the gulf of mexicocomfortable roomold city wallsgreat place to stayhistorical centerroom serviceloud musicthe main square
Reviewed August 17, 2010

On any return trip to the Yucatan, we will avoid Campeche if this hotel is the only option for a night’s stay. Our misadventure began with check-in: No key on check-in. The clerks at reception told us the attendant standing behind us would go with us to our auto and retrieve our luggage (no options) and take us to our room; we would be given our key at the room. We had made our reservations four months earlier and had requested a non-smoking room. The attendant received our key from another clerk stationed at a desk where we exited the elevator (serious security concerns?). The room (the only non-smoking room available) was a disaster: ceiling tile and wet insulation on the floor; strong, odor of mildew. The attendant had a look on his face of “will this room be acceptable?” And now the second part of the adventure: The only other room available was a smoking room…and here’s the exciting part. The Moon Handbook for the Yucatan Peninsula says: ”If a view is important to you, rooms facing the Gulf have small balconies and are worth the cost – ask for end units, nos. 221 and 222.” Aha! What about the nightclub directly beneath those rooms? The music and laughter went on until after 2:30 AM. Even though we were in the rooms directly above those mentioned, the noise was the same. At the time we thought the noise was just coming from a neighboring room, so couldn’t understand why the desk clerk said he couldn’t do anything about the noise. To close this on a positive aside: La Pigua, an excellent choice for dinner, was within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JJColoSprgs
Reviewed April 25, 2009

Dear travellers,

I can only confirm the other critics - the hotel itself has a nice location, good rooms and would be recommend on its on.

But the management seems to be more on the untrustworthy (in my opinion possibly criminal) side.

I have booked the hotel with HotelClub (as many times before) and showed my voucher on check-in.

At check-out, I was told to pay for the night. I should them the documents once again and explained for nearly an hour (!). They told me they hadn't heard of the HotelClub procedure - but at one moment I was able to see that they had the HotelClub payment confirmation, printed out in their hands already !

After this long argument they told me that everything would be alright and paid for.

But as I checked my Credit Card statements today, I found out that they had invoiced my stay for the second time 14 days after my stay - this is incredible !

I have been travelling for years, but such a thing hasn't happened (esp. regarding a well established Hotel like this one - a Best Western franchise).

So - be careful here !

Greetings, Josef

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2009

The hotel was very nice, with comfortable rooms, a decent restaurant and coffee shop, and a very inviting pool; however, my camera was stolen right out of my room well after the maids had been in and done their cleaning. I had left camera at the back of a large drawer after dressing for dinner at about 6:00 p.m. The safe in the room was too small to hold the camera, let alone with the other things I had in there for security.

When I reported this to the management, they basically said I had left it somewhere while I was out exploring the town. I did have it with me during the morning and early afternoon; however, I did bring it back to the hotel to freshen up and dress for dinner. It was there. In my room. In the drawer.

And by 9:00 p.m. it wasn´t.

If you´re going to stay at this hotel, lock up everything. Then, enjoy, as it´s a ver nice hotel within walking distance of everything.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank NellWChicago
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed February 7, 2009

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed May 4, 2008

Hi,

We did ask for a reservation through the hotel website gigving our credit car number.

Then, we had no news of the reservations, no confirmation email, no acknowledgment of the request ,... nothing !

So, we booked another hotel and spent the night there !

Then, we saw on our credit card that they did took the money (twice the usual price of the room for one night).
We emailed the hotel but no answer .....

My only advice is to choose another hotel .....

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple