All reviewsbest western hotelnice balconybusiness centeroverlooking the oceanfiesta inncoffee makergreat location to walkbig seabreakfast buffet was excellentview of the gulf of mexicocomfortable roomold city wallshistorical centerroom serviceloud musicthe main squaremalecon
Reviewed April 25, 2009

Dear travellers,

I can only confirm the other critics - the hotel itself has a nice location, good rooms and would be recommend on its on.

But the management seems to be more on the untrustworthy (in my opinion possibly criminal) side.

I have booked the hotel with HotelClub (as many times before) and showed my voucher on check-in.

At check-out, I was told to pay for the night. I should them the documents once again and explained for nearly an hour (!). They told me they hadn't heard of the HotelClub procedure - but at one moment I was able to see that they had the HotelClub payment confirmation, printed out in their hands already !

After this long argument they told me that everything would be alright and paid for.

But as I checked my Credit Card statements today, I found out that they had invoiced my stay for the second time 14 days after my stay - this is incredible !

I have been travelling for years, but such a thing hasn't happened (esp. regarding a well established Hotel like this one - a Best Western franchise).

So - be careful here !

Greetings, Josef

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2009

The hotel was very nice, with comfortable rooms, a decent restaurant and coffee shop, and a very inviting pool; however, my camera was stolen right out of my room well after the maids had been in and done their cleaning. I had left camera at the back of a large drawer after dressing for dinner at about 6:00 p.m. The safe in the room was too small to hold the camera, let alone with the other things I had in there for security.

When I reported this to the management, they basically said I had left it somewhere while I was out exploring the town. I did have it with me during the morning and early afternoon; however, I did bring it back to the hotel to freshen up and dress for dinner. It was there. In my room. In the drawer.

And by 9:00 p.m. it wasn´t.

If you´re going to stay at this hotel, lock up everything. Then, enjoy, as it´s a ver nice hotel within walking distance of everything.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank NellWChicago
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed February 7, 2009

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed May 4, 2008

Hi,

We did ask for a reservation through the hotel website gigving our credit car number.

Then, we had no news of the reservations, no confirmation email, no acknowledgment of the request ,... nothing !

So, we booked another hotel and spent the night there !

Then, we saw on our credit card that they did took the money (twice the usual price of the room for one night).
We emailed the hotel but no answer .....

My only advice is to choose another hotel .....

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelerFamilyFrance
Reviewed July 2, 2007

Excellent experience.
Clean and comfortable rooms with great TV.
Good location although not located in the nice old city. Many attractions near by (on foot).
Very good food (breakfaste at least).
Big pool although a little dirty.
Excellent service.

Note: I stayed in the "Piso Ejecutivo" (the top-level rooms). There you have an exclusive lounge with free food, drinks and snacks all day long. There is also free internet access (4 PCs)

Stayed: July 2005