“Good hotel, terrible security.”

Gamma Campeche Malecon
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Campeche
Chicago
“Good hotel, terrible security.”
Reviewed February 27, 2009

The hotel was very nice, with comfortable rooms, a decent restaurant and coffee shop, and a very inviting pool; however, my camera was stolen right out of my room well after the maids had been in and done their cleaning. I had left camera at the back of a large drawer after dressing for dinner at about 6:00 p.m. The safe in the room was too small to hold the camera, let alone with the other things I had in there for security.

When I reported this to the management, they basically said I had left it somewhere while I was out exploring the town. I did have it with me during the morning and early afternoon; however, I did bring it back to the hotel to freshen up and dress for dinner. It was there. In my room. In the drawer.

And by 9:00 p.m. it wasn´t.

If you´re going to stay at this hotel, lock up everything. Then, enjoy, as it´s a ver nice hotel within walking distance of everything.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank NellWChicago

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
france
Reviewed May 4, 2008

Hi,

We did ask for a reservation through the hotel website gigving our credit car number.

Then, we had no news of the reservations, no confirmation email, no acknowledgment of the request ,... nothing !

So, we booked another hotel and spent the night there !

Then, we saw on our credit card that they did took the money (twice the usual price of the room for one night).
We emailed the hotel but no answer .....

My only advice is to choose another hotel .....

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelerFamilyFrance

Travelers are raving about these Campeche hotels

Geneva
Reviewed July 2, 2007

Excellent experience.
Clean and comfortable rooms with great TV.
Good location although not located in the nice old city. Many attractions near by (on foot).
Very good food (breakfaste at least).
Big pool although a little dirty.
Excellent service.

Note: I stayed in the "Piso Ejecutivo" (the top-level rooms). There you have an exclusive lounge with free food, drinks and snacks all day long. There is also free internet access (4 PCs)

Stayed July 2005
fwb
Reviewed June 12, 2007

I stayed at the Del Mar hotel for one night June 13,2007, on the executive floor. Beside the breathtaking view of the ocean, the room and bathroom were lovely. I also had free wireless internet access from my room. The service, from the bellboy to the room service person. was excellent. My only complaint is that I cannot stay a few more days. I will certainly be back.

• Liked — The fantastic view
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank tropicalsylvie
Sicily, Italy
Reviewed March 7, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for only one night and I dind't like it at all. The only good thing is its location, very close to the centre. For the rest I think it needs some refurbishment work. The hall is very old fashioned, as are the corridors and hotels room. My room had a very noisy air conditioning, that once on wouldn't allow to sleep. I didn't like the breakfast service as well, very poor in variety. I cannot say anything about the service, bacause I only stayed there for 1 night along my 10 days tour of mexico and my tour leader dealt with the personnel for most of our needs.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The interiors
  • Stayed March 2007
2 Thank Dolphin76
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 17, 2006

I have stayed at this Hotel several times, and i was well taken care of ! The staff make sure you are comfortable.I have stayed at other hotels in Campeche, but i like this one.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business