The Best Western Del Mar in Campeche was a great place to stay. It is located right on the waterfront of Campeche, off of the main road, so it is easy to find. From the hotel it is easy to walk into the historic center of the city. The old city walls are literally across the street. Once you pass through the gate, you will be in the central plaza of Campeche, with lots of restaurants and shops and the main Cathedral.
We ate breakfast in their restaurant – it was pretty good fare.
Our room was good sized, with a comfortable bed, a big bathroom with ample hot water and water pressure (not always available in Mexico). There were two free bottles of purified water. There was a powerful air conditioner.
We were in room 348. We paid $94 US for a room with a king sized bed. Our room faced inward, so our view was the cathedral.
If you do stay in Campeche, don’t miss a visit to the Mayan ruins at Edzna – they are spectacular!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern and great location at the seaside, waterfront, just one block from historical downtown, comfortable and spacious rooms, with balcony, coffee shop with international and local cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Gamma by Fiesta Inn Campeche Malecon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Del Mar Hotel Campeche
- Best Western Campeche
- Best Western Hotel Campeche