“My favourite place to go diving”
Review of Scuba Do Zanzibar

Scuba Do Zanzibar
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Kendwa
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Do Zanzibar is a PADI accredited 5-Star Gold-Palm Dive Centre and recognised as one of the most professional, eco-friendly diving, snorkelling and watersports centres in Zanzibar. Located at La Gemma Dell'Est and Sunset Kendwa, we are in the heart of the best diving around the North Coast of Zanzibar and are well positioned to service a multitude of hotels around the island. We dive from either rigid hull inflatable boats or our 44' luxury sailing catamaran. Private dive guides or private boat charters are available at your request. Startling white sand, clear azure sea, spectacular sunsets, peace and tranquility create the setting for a world class diving experience.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“My favourite place to go diving”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I've been diving for about 8 years, now hold a PADI Divemaster certification, have over two hundred logged dives, have dived in 12 countries and 15 dive outfits across South America, Africa, South Asia and Southeast Asia and can tell you that Scuba Do is without a doubt my favourite place in the world!

My first dive with Scuba Do was back in summer 2008. Since then I have been back no less than 7 times. I love Kendwa, its a stunning beach, over 100 metres wide at points, beautiful white sand. The beach itself offers a broad spectrum of activities - you can walk to one end, sit there and read a book, and not see anyone all day. Or you can go to fun evening parties at the establishments along the beach. Lots of variety.

But enough about Kendwa, there is no way I'd have been back so many times were it not for Scuba Do, Tammy, Christian and the staff. The standards of teaching at the dive center mean that I have brought no less than 14 of my friends to get certified on my various trips, and recommended the outfit to scores of other people. Great instructors and staff, sound boats and equipment, strong focus on safe and sensible diving, and lots of good jokes make this the best place to learn in my opinion.

The diving in and around Kendwa is fantastic, the sites are beautiful, the coral is stunning, and the underwater life is amazing. Turtles are a frequent, searching for seahorses yields great results and night dives are spectacular, especially under the moonlight!

Whether you want to learn to dive, or are an experience diver, Scuba Do will make sure you have an exceptional experience.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sid K

• Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“A+... From a group of 8 Canadians”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Emily:

Scuba Do is fantastic. Tammy, Chris and the rest of the staff are friendly and clearly know their stuff. They take safety seriously, which made me feel at ease to dive with them. They put a lot of effort into making sure you have the best experience possible. If you’re anywhere on Zanzibar and want to dive, go to Scuba Do. If I’m ever back on the island, I’ll definitely dive with them again.

Visited April 2014
Denia, Spain
“The Gem of Zanzibar”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

For me Scuba Do is a home away from home, and the Scuba Do team, a family. In 2008 I came to do my Open Water course with them, and immediately I was blown away by their safety, customer service, dive equipment, friendliness and of course their dive sites. Six years and a Dive Master qualification later, I am still in awe with the quality Scuba Do offers. Having dived with several different dive centers in various different countries, in my opinion, Scuba Do Zanzibar have set an exceptionally high benchmark in terms of safety, quality teaching, customer relations, community involvement and environmental conservation, that no other dive center I have visited, have been able to meet so far.
Safety is clearly Scuba Do’s main priority. Not only are all the boats equipped with cellphones, first aid boxes, VHF radios, emergency oxygen and life jackets, but almost all of the crew are hyperbaric chamber operators.
There is no surprise that Scuba Do was awarded the PADI Green Star. Beach and reef cleanups, net removals, turtle releases, educating both tourists and local community members on the impact of waste…you name it, this dive center involve themselves in whatever they can to protect the ocean. The Scuba Do team are truly environmental warriors.
You want to see a turtle? Seahorse? Weedy Scorpion fish? Whatever it is that you want to see, the Scuba Do team knows exactly which reef to take you to. Their dive sites are extremely rich in biodiversity and are also visited by very few other dive centers. Furthermore, their knowledge on fish identification is impeccable…no doubt you’ll be leaving Zanzibar a guru on the fish you saw at the local reefs.
Their attention to detail is phenomenal. The Scuba Do team always strive to offer just that little bit more to their clients to ensure that they leave their dive holiday with only amazing memories to share. DO Scuba at Scuba Do Zanzibar.

Visited February 2014
Umhlanga Rocks, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Safest, friendliest, most fun, best dives, top notch equipment”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

It was Tammy and Chris that made us fall in love with diving, their training had such a great focus on safety and gave us a deep (excuse the pun) understanding and love for the fragile marine life on the reef. The equipment and staff are all top notch, and fun to be with. The dives are made that much more special with the dive master's insight that going to other dive centers can only disappoint!
The dive centre is always spotless and manned by friendly staff and is adjacent to SunSet Bungalows - who as it happens make great pizza's just what is needed after a two tank dive to Mwana!
You cant go wrong with ScubaDO

Visited February 2014
Gauteng
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“5STAR SCUBA!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I rarely have given 5 star rating to any establishment. My logic is that nothing is completely perfect! Then there is Scuba-Do, Wife and Husband duo Tammy and Christian run a dive centre that is so focused on the diver that it’s often hard to imagine where their life and scuba passion split. Clearly it does not. They run the dive centre with a zeal and zest, that only those who truly love what they do can comprehend.

Scuba-Do is situated in (or on) Sunset Beach, Kendwa and the choices of accommodation range from super luxury to downright backpacker. Either way as it is after all Zanzibar you will have a ship sized bigger than king poster bed.

The beach boasts many waterholes and eating places, that after a day of sun and diving are a welcome place to Wi-Fi up and get those awesome "Nemo" pictures twittered or Facebooked out to family friends and loved ones.

But it’s about the dive centre! Professional, dedicated and passionate, with quality equipment. I found a solid grounded approach to my training (I did my advanced open water with Tammy). Scuba-Do also bring a deep sense of environmental awareness and community spirit to their daily dealings with the locals, and its clear everyone is better off because of this.

If you are in the area, schedule a dive with them, or if you are keen to try PADI Scuba and explore the other 70% of the planet you cannot go wrong with Tammy and her team.

Its awhile since I dived in Zanzibar and I sure will be a visitor to Scuba-Do again when I return. Was browsing and glad to see they are now on Tripadvisor.

Visited June 2013