“The new colour in travelling”
Review of Orang Utan Island

Orang Utan Island
Book In Advance
More Info
$79.97*
and up
Private Tour: Orangutan Island, Taiping Zoo and Perak Museum from Penang
Reviewed March 13, 2013

1) First experience at Orang Utan Island.
2) Taking a boat for 10 minutes to arrive the island.
3) Have a chance to encounter with orang utan in their habitat. Wow..
4) Learned many things about orang utan.Some are never crossed in my mind.
5) Visiting them means helping them.

2  Thank faizaladibhassan

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Visiting Orangutan Island was a unique experience. While it was smaller than I expected, it was nice to see the orangutans in a 'natural' environment and it was quite educational.
I am glad there are parks like this around and the keepers all seem very motivated and really enjoy working with them.

1  Thank KerrylLovesMalaysia
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We visited Orang Utan island and were very disappointed. We'd previously visited Sepilok which is a totally different experience. The older Orangs were in pens along a walkway and didn't seem to have much space. The baby Orangs were in dreadful pens along the pier by the Lake - they had little to entertain them, just had wooden boards on the floor and seemed to spend all their time biting on the wire mesh on the door to get out. I just felt so sorry for them. I know people want to see the animals, but the conditions they were kept in were not acceptable.

The other animals in the park weren't kept in great condtions either. I know snakes have to eat - but live chicks in the pens with them was just a step too far for me.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed one night at the resort on 23Dec2012. There was a very long queue at the apartment check-in which took about an hour. The apartment room was large but very basic and cost was RM250.00 for the night. After we checked in, I was looking for an ATM but there was none at the apartment area. We were told to go to the main resort. The main resort ATM does not accept Visa Credit Card; so we have to drive half an hour to an ATM in a town called Kamunting to get some cash.
The accomodation booking included a night animal trail which consisted of a boat ride on the lake and then to the night eco park trial. Saw some binturong, peacocks, several species of snakes: Cobra, Python etc; crocodile feeding, and they gave you some vegetables to feel the deers. Luckily we found anEnglish speaking guide for the trail.
The next day we had the free local breakfast (not great cold curry/rice etc) before paying for the boat to take us over to the Orang Utan Island. This is the best part of the resort as the OUs were very cute and lively. We saw some cute OU babies at the nursery whcih will melt your heart. Again we had an Engklish speaking guide.

It is worth a visit to the orang Utan Island but I would not recommend to stay overnight there.

2  Thank KLeongCork_Ireland
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is the filthiest, smelliest, most run down water park I have ever seen. The changing facilities are reminiscent of a Japanese pow camp and the water is so dirty it smells of sewage. What a shame as the Eco park and orang utan sanctuary were great.

3  Thank Lilley_Family