“Welcome to Nirvana”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Seririt
Brisbane, Australia
“Welcome to Nirvana”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My wife and I both booked the Zen Harmony Diving 5 day Package, but due to unforseen circumstances (my wife finding out she was pregnant) she was unable to come scuba diving with me. The staff at Zen were absolutely sensational and went out of their way to customise a package including a number of additional treatments as well as a snorkelling day for my wife at Menjangan Island.

The resort itself is the most peaceful place that I have ever visited. A tranquil, picturesque setting with perfectly equipped rooms allowed us to unwind properly and leave the stress of professional life back at home where it belongs.

Dining is in a large open-air pavilion which overlooks the Bali Sea in the distance and the food is delicious and well-prepared. We were fortunate enough to be hosted by the resort’s owner who describes Zen as his passion and that exhibits itself throughout the resort, from the beautifully maintained gardens to the unique treatments on offer at Zen.

Each morning begins with yoga before the heat of the Balinese sun begins to take hold, from there breakfast, spa treatments (or scuba diving in my case), 3 course lunch, activity (or scuba diving in my case) more spa treatments followed by meditation in the early evening and then a 3 course dinner. The schedule can be as fulsome or as relaxing as you like and there is plenty of opportunity to relax in or by the amazing infinity pool that has panoramic views of the Bali Sea and the rice paddies below.

The diving was fantastic, 1 day at Tulamben and 2 days at Menjangan Island. Tulamben is a shore wreck dive experience - highlights include the wreck itself, the ‘eel garden’ and resident sea turtle. Menjangan on the other hand is a boat dive reef experience with plenty of marine life - highlights including amazing corals, electric clams and, if you are lucky, you might also see a whale shark – I did!

After 5 days at Zen we felt as if we had been on holiday for a month.

I have no complaints. Everything was perfect.

Room Tip: Opt for a sunset room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I returned to Zen after being there with a group 4 years ago and it was not a dream ..... Absolute peace and bliss and the care the staff take of you, with such grace, cannot be surpassed. It is the most beautiful resort/retreat I can imagine. The days float by with the pleasures of yoga in the morning, meditation in the early evening and the best massages/treatments imaginable in between. In between all that? Well there is good food in the beautifully situated restaurant. the perfect infinity pool and ...... peace

Room Tip: I think the sunset view rooms are more peaceful
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank sue f
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I needed two weeks off of my daily business and have chosen this wonderful, lovely place - by the first minute, I have been arrived, I felt like very comfortable and save- like at home. Really everybody of the great staff have been very friendly and warm hearted. Each yoga and meditation class helped me to improve my inner and outer strength. After all the terrific balinese meals, I feel still health and clean.
I can just say " Thank you very much" for all the nice people- the hotel manager, the Doctor, the spa staff, cooks, Diving team, room service, restaurant service, driver and last but not least the gardener- which keeping all the environment so beautiful- that I felt like at the jungle book...this was ever my idea of paradise.

I WILL COME BACK AGAIN

Room Tip: Both room categories are great- sunrise and sunset...difficult to decide ;-)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Zen Resort Bali is a truly wonderful place. If you are tired... stressed? Maybe just not your normal self and in need of some TLC? This definitley the place to go to find your strength and balance. You will feel like you're in Paradise. As soon as I arrived, the staff were so welcoming, everything was taken care of and nothing was too much trouble.

The environment is striking, you are surrounded by lush green plants, palm trees, exotic flowers and in the distance you can see the calm blue ocean. It really grounds you and once you're doing yoga and meditation on a daily basis you begin to appreciate the simple things again. The attention to detail is really refreshing, nothing is ever out of place or missing, the staff take pride in ensuring everything is pristine.

It was a long journey from the UK but the first treatment I received more than made up for it! From that moment on, I knew I'd made the right choice! I've been to Ayurvedic retreats before in Kerala, however Zen was different, there is nothing clinical or harsh about this place, its all soft edges and non judgemental. When I sank into a beautiful flower bath looking over the rice fields of Bali I thought I was a princess and that feeling didn't leave during my stay.

Very briefly, I've noted the things that mattered to me most in this holiday which may also be important to you:

- exceptional welcoming and helpful staff. Miss Budiani in particular was extremely kind and generous in her attentions.
- great infinity pool with a view of the ocean
- beautifully well maintained gardens, brimming with nature, butterflies, birds, ghekos, frogs.
- simply but exquisitly furnished rooms, bottled water is provided, fruit, aircon of course (no TVs)
- you must do one of the packages, the treatments are out of this world and better than any I had received in keralan Ayurvedic spas.
- the food was simply delicious, there's a variety on offer covering different cuisines, there's always the option to be healthy if you wish. I never tired of the fresh juices, young coconuts, the wonderful fruits.
- well organised excursions if you can bear to leave the resort, the rice fields trek was great as well as the holy springs.
- yoga, diving and meditation classes everyday (optional). Great for beginners too, but if you wanted more challenging, the teacher would happily step up the pace.

Zen Bali resort is NOT the place to go if you're looking for a fast paced, loud, entertainment filled holiday. It's a peaceful place, you can reflect, enjoy the company of like minded people, treat yourself to delicious Ayurvedic treatments, enjoy the quietness with just the reassuring buzz of nature, birds singlng and the ocean breeze.

I cannot wait to return!

1 Thank Stargazer303
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I spent 2 weeks at the hotel. I arrived at the hotel exhausted and left two weeks later like a new person. I loved getting up early to participate in the daily yoga sessions. I even learned to do the headstand on my own over the two weeks period as the staff are very supportive and dedicated. Throughout the day I received special Ayruveda treatments to help me relax, detox and rejuveniate. Obviously we also indulged in the yummie Balinese food served at the resort. We ended the day with a daily meditation class. I met some beautiful people throughout my stay and made some new friendships. The hotel manager took good care of us. We could bring up ideas such as doing a Balinese fire ceremony, trying out a Balinese cooking class, seeing a palm reader or just going out for a girls night in the town near-by. She took those ideads and had them organised in no time - That's what I call Swiss efficiency!!! Overall it was an amazing experience that I will always treasure. I have found a new place that I can call home.

Room Tip: I had a sunset bungalow. I enjoyed it as I like watching sunsets. If you are a light sleeper like my...
Munich, Germany
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I’ve been requested to write a review on the Zen Resort Bali. Well then, here it goes:

You are looking for silence and are bothered by noices from your neighbours => don’t come here
You are seeking high life with loud music and lots of drink (alcohol) => find some place else
You think all tropical beaches are pristine, white or yellow => think again
Zen is just around the corner from the airport ? no way, it’s a four hour, tedious drive with only few toilet stops
Luxury is leather seats, marble floors, cigar perfume = try Marrakesh
Holiday is when you don’t hear the Muezzin = you might try Europe
...
WHAT !?! you are still reading and not bothered by any of the mentioned drawbacks ???

Well then, when you drive through the gates of Zen Resort Bali be prepared to arrive in PARADISE. This is the most special place I have ever been to. It starts with a lovely, beautifully landscaped garden with views of the sea. It continues with only very few, simple, but completedly adequate rooms. They are spacious – well I travel by myself, I guess that helps – and are nicely decorated, but you’ll be outside most of the time anyway. The food admittedly is not ayurvedic. It is however very tasty and the staff will try to fulfill your every wish. Okay, you won’t get Eisbein with Sauerkraut, but you really have to visit Germany for that. Then meet the ayurvedic doctor, Mr. Suresh, and his staff of therapists. My, there are no words to describe the kindness and caring that takes place here. Mr. Suresh – from what I can tell – is an exceptionally good doctor. His strengths – I think – are skewd to the orthopedic side of things, but that could be because I don’t have any internal diseases. His therapists are also exceptionally well trained, so that you can give yourself over into their hands. However, Zen does lack the ayurvedic pharmasist that we have all come to expect at ayurvedic resorts. But then again, “no throwing up” in the morning does have it’s advantages you know. Yoga classes are basic, but excellent. Mr. Suresh and his two ladies will accomodate all kinds of levels. And if it’s not enough for you address your concerns and they will try to accomodate you. Miss Budiani and the staff at the reception will do whatever is necessary to assure that you have a pleasant stay and enjoy your outings – wherever you want to go or want to do. And now you will ask, what is so exceptional ? Well I can tell you: never in my life have I felt so pampered, so well taken care of by the resort staff. All and everybody are exceptionally kind and helpful and will strive to make your stay a special one. Now, how many places do you know that deserve this kind of accolade ???

2 Thank EinMadel
Cayenne, French Guiana
Reviewed March 24, 2014

It was my first time visiting Bali. I must say that the staff was wonderful and skilled. The therapists and ayurvedic doctor did help releasing my stress and very stiff back and hips.
That place looks like heaven with all the birds and butterflyes coming over the garden. It was like harmony between nature and balinese spirit.
The view from the resort to the see is amazing and so peaceful.
I am glad I had the chance to go there.

Room Tip: Best to chose a room by the pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seririt
The Damai
#1 of 4 in West Bali National Park
Mayo Resort
Mayo Resort
#2 of 2 in Seririt

Been to Zen Resort Bali? Share your experiences!