Zen Resort Bali is a truly wonderful place. If you are tired... stressed? Maybe just not your normal self and in need of some TLC? This definitley the place to go to find your strength and balance. You will feel like you're in Paradise. As soon as I arrived, the staff were so welcoming, everything was taken care of and nothing was too much trouble.
The environment is striking, you are surrounded by lush green plants, palm trees, exotic flowers and in the distance you can see the calm blue ocean. It really grounds you and once you're doing yoga and meditation on a daily basis you begin to appreciate the simple things again. The attention to detail is really refreshing, nothing is ever out of place or missing, the staff take pride in ensuring everything is pristine.
It was a long journey from the UK but the first treatment I received more than made up for it! From that moment on, I knew I'd made the right choice! I've been to Ayurvedic retreats before in Kerala, however Zen was different, there is nothing clinical or harsh about this place, its all soft edges and non judgemental. When I sank into a beautiful flower bath looking over the rice fields of Bali I thought I was a princess and that feeling didn't leave during my stay.
Very briefly, I've noted the things that mattered to me most in this holiday which may also be important to you:
- exceptional welcoming and helpful staff. Miss Budiani in particular was extremely kind and generous in her attentions.
- great infinity pool with a view of the ocean
- beautifully well maintained gardens, brimming with nature, butterflies, birds, ghekos, frogs.
- simply but exquisitly furnished rooms, bottled water is provided, fruit, aircon of course (no TVs)
- you must do one of the packages, the treatments are out of this world and better than any I had received in keralan Ayurvedic spas.
- the food was simply delicious, there's a variety on offer covering different cuisines, there's always the option to be healthy if you wish. I never tired of the fresh juices, young coconuts, the wonderful fruits.
- well organised excursions if you can bear to leave the resort, the rice fields trek was great as well as the holy springs.
- yoga, diving and meditation classes everyday (optional). Great for beginners too, but if you wanted more challenging, the teacher would happily step up the pace.
Zen Bali resort is NOT the place to go if you're looking for a fast paced, loud, entertainment filled holiday. It's a peaceful place, you can reflect, enjoy the company of like minded people, treat yourself to delicious Ayurvedic treatments, enjoy the quietness with just the reassuring buzz of nature, birds singlng and the ocean breeze.
I cannot wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reawaken your senses at Zen Resort Bali- a holistic and nature retreat holiday to relax and rejuvenate your physical, psychological and spiritual wellness. Find the joy and pleasures of sustainable living in harmony with yourself, your family and friends and with the world of nature.Perched above the Sea of Bali, tucked into a tropical landscape of rice terraces, vineyards, natural forest and luscious designer gardens, Zen Resort’s serene environment offers the opportunity to regain the calmness of mind, find balance and deep peace and recharge your body while comfortably sinking into the divine knowledge and spiritual experiences through the daily practice of yoga, meditation and pranayama and revitalizing your health and beauty through authentic ayurvedic treatments. Zen Resort, a luxury boutique retreat with fourteen villas, offers a unique and intimate setting, spiritually bound by a passionate desire for complete privacy, luxurious accommodation, and the most attentive, friendly and renowned Balinese service. We look forward to welcoming you at Zen Resort, Bali’s first integrated ayurveda, yoga and nature resort - a unique place where all your senses will be touched, awakened and renewed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Zen Resort Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zen Resort Bali Hotel Seririt
- Zen Hotel Lovina
- Zen Hotel Bali
- Zen Resort Bali Seririt