“Zen experience, a must”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Seririt
Cayenne, French Guiana
“Zen experience, a must”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

It was my first time visiting Bali. I must say that the staff was wonderful and skilled. The therapists and ayurvedic doctor did help releasing my stress and very stiff back and hips.
That place looks like heaven with all the birds and butterflyes coming over the garden. It was like harmony between nature and balinese spirit.
The view from the resort to the see is amazing and so peaceful.
I am glad I had the chance to go there.

Room Tip: Best to chose a room by the pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I came to the Zen Resort Bali very exhausted and ready for a change. All I wanted was to relax and be far away from the outside world. My stay there gave me everything I needed. From the first minute on I felt like home, being part of the Zen Family. Everybody of the staff welcomed me with open arms and a big smile on their faces. Every day you can find beautiful flower decorations everywhere in the resort. Everything is made with so much love. It's just wonderful. I stayed there for two weeks and I found peace with myself. Thanks to Suresh who helped with very good medical advice and aryuvedic drinks that made me feel better and thank you to all the wonderful Spa ladies. You are very special and your massages are very, very professional. And of course, my special thanks to all the staff. Please never change who you are! You are great.
For the ones who travel alone. Zen Resort Bali is a very good place for single travelers. You will find other people in your situation immediately. I made a lot of friends and never felt alone.

Room Tip: If you can, take the sunset rooms. They have a wonderful view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Tinchen2401
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed March 10, 2014

If you're looking for peace, relaxation, and natural beauty, I couldn't recommend this place more. The lush greenery, tropical flowers, and views out over a rice paddy to the Bali Sea are gorgeous. Spa treatments are amazing; morning yoga in a pleasant outdoor setting is a great way to start the day and is customized as much as possible to guests' ability and experience; meals are fresh and reasonably healthful (without being punitive),offering featuring vegetables grown in the gardens on the premises; villas are simple but comfortable with lovely outdoor showers/changing areas and beautiful views from the front porches. The staff is perhaps the biggest treat of all—everyone was unbelievably charming, friendly, and gracious, from the driver who spotted me immediately at the airport (even though he had no idea what I looked like), to the night receptionist and guard who already knew my name and were waiting to welcome me and show me around the property in the dark of night, to the kitchen workers who took it upon themselves to deliver hot Balinese coffee to my front porch every morning after I mentioned that it would be nice to have coffee before yoga. The spa therapists leave you feeling completely relaxed and nurtured; Ayurvedic medicine doctor Soresh will provide a lengthy personal consultation about optimizing your diet and health habits if you wish; and the lovely and uber-competent manager, Budiani, makes a point of introducing herself to each guest and making sure everyone is enjoying a good stay.

I did a Harmony Dive Package, and the dive instructor, Deepa, was as pleasant, accommodating, and competent as the rest of the staff, and led us on four really great dives to a World War II shipwreck and the beautiful Menjangen Island.

A couple of caveats:

-- ZenResort is secluded and the atmosphere is sedate, which was great as far as I'm concerned, but it's not the place to go if you are looking for nearby nightlife, shopping, or a restaurant scene, or hoping to party at the resort.

-- The nearby beach is definitely not a beautiful and luxurious white-sand beach! It's narrow and the sand is grubby and grayish, and frankly, there's quite a bit of trash on the beach. It is a good place to interact with locals and observe a slice of local life, however, and the sea is calm and refreshing for a swim.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Margaret River, Australia
Reviewed March 6, 2014

As soon as i arrived at Zen Resort i realised it was a very special place . The staff were extremely welcoming and i was immediately impressed by the grounds even though i arrived at night.
My room was in the Sunset section and i would choose this room again . Wonderful views out over the Bali Sea through the most lush tropical gardens. A beautiful big Lotus Pond stands in front of every Sunset Room.
The outdoor bathroom was very large and a treat to use every time . The bedrooms have timber floors and are simply but adequately furnished - very "Zen " .
Yoga Classes are held every morning in a very nice outdoor pavilion with a very competent teacher . The Ayurvedic Treatments are out of this world and the Spa is surrounded by beautiful beautiful gardens. I can honestly say i have never heard / seen so many different birds in one place.
Everywhere you look there is beauty which takes your breath away and the views from the gorgeous pool sublime .
I am planning my next visit to Zen already . Staff and therapists genuine and caring and it is an extremely nurturing experience.
It is not close to any Restaurants or Nightlife so if you are looking for that sort of holiday Zen is not for you. To get the maximum benefit from staying here i suggest you purchase one of the Wellness/ Purification Packages and take advantage of all that Zen Resort has to offer.
I hope to be able to stay there again soon ...

Room Tip: I preferred the Sunset Rooms because of the view but the Sunrise rooms are closer to the Pool and yo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Zen. The staff were amazing, positive and supportive. The food was fresh and healthy with multiply options. Strongly recommended for anyone looking to relax and recharge.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Frankfurt (Oder), Germany
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Traveling alone to this place, I was looking for a quiet place, an escape from business, peace, ayurveda in a wellness style and simply a nice and relaxing holiday - finding back to myself. And this was what I found. But what I found was so much more: I paradise on earth with birds, beautiful butterflies, a lovely garden, nice rooms and lovely people. I did not feel alone, I felt home and always taken care of with the space for myself I was looking for and I needed. The flowers and the butterflies, the relaxing atmosphere, all this took away the daily sorrows I carried with me. Oh yes, this is not a pure clinical ayurvedic stay, but this is vacation, a beautiful landscape, lovely people, healthy food, yoga, meditation - everything I was looking for! Thanks to the hands of the Spa-Team and doctor Suresh, I left without any pain in my neck and my lower back. Moreover, I brought Yoga and meditation back home and tried to exercise every day even on challenging working days. The staff is so lovely that you feel as you are home. My special thanks goes to Ms. Budiani, who showed me the island and her "home" with her eyes and all the love she feels for Bali. Thank you so much for this. I brought home not only a new feeling but so much beautiful memories - I really felt home in Bali and I think of you every day! This is - I guess - the best to say: I felt as I am arrived after a long journey, I felt home and I think of you and miss you.
I am looking forward to come back soon. For now, thank you so much Zen Resort family for everything! Best, Ms. C.

PS: The resort is located north far away from the south coast. So don't expect a party area. If you are open for experience, you will find a lovely peaceful resort on the north coast surrounded by rice fields and you may find yourself.

PSS: Diving and snorkeling is offered as well and I really enjoyed may snorkeling trip.

Room Tip: The sunset rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank ConnyFra
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 17, 2014

From the first day till the last we enjoyed our stay the people were very
nice the food was good the villa's perfect and the massages were just excellent.
A resort to recommand if you need to break out and to relax than it's the place to be...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seririt
The Damai
#1 of 4 in West Bali National Park
Mayo Resort
Mayo Resort
#2 of 2 in Seririt

Been to Zen Resort Bali? Share your experiences!