Zen Resort Bali
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mayo Resort(Seririt)
  • Restaurant
The Hamsa Bali Resort(Lovina Beach)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsayurvedic treatmentsmorning meditationlife changingwellness packagedaily meditationbody and soulyour well beingheaven on earthhealthy foodmahendra shahspa staffstress releaseinner peacepositive energymagical placefoot bathdive master
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 22, 2013

What to add to all the other positive reviews... 16 Days at Zen Resort (14 days stress release program and 2 days of diving) was a life-changing experience for me. It couldn't have come at a better moment in my life.

All of the staff is amazing: the friendly restaurant staff served the most delicious meals, made to my wishes; the reception staff was always there; Iluh was wonderful with her yoga and meditation classes; the garden & cleaning staff made sure that everything looked and smelled perfect (flowers everywhere!); great diving staff with a lot of patience and enthusiasm; conversations with Mr. Mahendra I'm still remembering and meetings with Micky & Guy; and the spa staff did amazing things, working my muscles back to their normal state after too much stress and office work. They didn't just give me massages, but they made me come home in my own body and mind again.

It's impossible to mention everyone by name, but a big "thank you" to each and everyone of you is in order. I've been home for 8 weeks now and I'm still enjoying all the benefits of my stay at Zen. I'm convinced I always will.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Zen is a magical place, where you can leave everything behind, just relax, enjoy nature, wonderful food, yoga and wellness. The staff is extremely friendly and caring. I will never forget these days I have spent at Zen Resort and would love to come back sooner than later!

Room Tip: Sunrise can be watched every morning out of bed from sunrise view villas
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Many wonderful things have been written about the Zen Resort, most of the ones I have read superlative in their praise. Well, they are right. I must say this is my best holiday ever, and yet it is so much more. It's a blessing, a daybreak, a dream come true.

Zen is absolutely paradisiac, energizing, radiant, from the drive through the hazy sunlight through the mountains to the warm welcome with fresh homemade fruit juice and frangipani. Butterflies and birds all over. A feeling of completeness, of perfect peace radiant with the pure, soft, warm light of Bali. A very coherent, yet not uniform decor with dark wood, touches of lime green mixing with the green of the trees, the flowers, the infinity pool, the sea only a few minutes walk away on a tranquil road.

Many things to see, to touch, also with the eyes, the ears, the sense of smell : the music, the sounds of the birds and the breeze, the frankincense, the fresh and wonderful food. The senses awaken here, from the beautiful sights of the lush and beautifully landscaped gardens to the organic and local, mainly vegetarian food and local wines (do not skip Aga White the grapes for which come from next door!) and Balinese coffee to the friendliness and the privacy as well as the excellence of the spa treatments.

You can visit Zen for wellbeing and relaxation, but also for ayurvedic health, meditation and yoga practice. Dr. Suresh, both the yoga teacher and the doctor, is very gentle and insightful, and the staff knowledgeable, respectful and friendly. The sunrise villa was perfect as was the downright addictive outdoor rain shower inside the villa (yes, you read correctly!). The soul-soothing music is simply magistral and in perfect harmony with the wonderful surroundings, the gentle respectfulness of the treatments as well as the well thought-out discovery tours to temples, warm springs and snorkeling. The return to a daily reality must be slow. However, we leave with good instructions and lots of sensitive energy and heart full of gratefulness.

Much to love here. Warmly recommend to anyone whose soul years for beauty and wellbeing, whether to recover from illness or simply to feel good. Hope you, too, visit and enjoy this little Eden. As for me, living in Asia, I cannot wait to get back soon.

Room Tip: Both the sunrise and sunset villas are wonderful. Go for sunrise villas if you would like to reset your clock and get up early with the warming rays. So energizing.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We recently stayed at Zen for a retreat for 9 nights with a group of like-minded Australians. Wow, what a wonderful, peaceful, healthy place to be. The staff were just wonderful, the food was just fantastic (and healthy to boot!)
We started the day with meditation watching the sun rise, then Yoga before breakfast. The days, in our case, were full because we were doing a programme.
The massages were beyond description! Just wonderful.
We cannot sing the praises of this resort enough - if you are looking to get away from the pressures of the world, recharge, rejuvenate, reconnect with yourself, then this is the place for you.
We were also very fortunate that the owner, Dr. mehendra Shah, was there. He is a man with a vision!
By the way, the outdoor showers were wonderful.

Room Tip: They are all great.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I spent the most amazing 10 days at Zen Resort recently and enjoyed every moment. The location and surroundings were serene & exquisite! The staff are like one big family welcoming you into their home and did everything in their power to make our stay the Phenominal time it was. The massages and treatments were literally out of this world along with the daily meditation and yoga with the wonderful Soresh.

I would highly recommend a stay at Zen Resort if you are a looking for a real break, I have never returned from holidays more relaxed, rejuvinated and calm. I will most certainly be back! :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends