“Beautiful sunset trip”

and up
Etna Morning Trip
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Etna Est has been organizing since 2000 excursions on Etna but also guided tours to the most beautiful places in Sicily, such as Taormina and Syracuse. Our trips are conceived in order to offer you a perfect service. Our guides are professional and friendly and can't look forward to sharing with you their love and passion for this amazing land. Live your dreams with Etna Est!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My friends and I booked a sunset tour with Etna Est and from the beginning it was a wonderful trip.

We were picked up by our guide Carmello and his translator Fedderica in Catania and already on the way to the Etna they told us a lot of interesting things. Our group consisted out of 5 people and it was a nice mix, while the atmosphere create by Carmello and Fedderica was very pleasent and we felt safe all the time. On our way to the top we made three stops and had time to make some awesome pictures. Also it did not matter what we asked Carmello as he was able to anwser all questions, except which footballer is looking like me.

When we arrived at the last stop, we were glad that we booked the sunset tour. In the morning the Etna is overcrowed with buses and touristsm but in the afternoon you barley meet someone else and can enjoy the Etna in all his beauty. Carmello explained us a lot about craters, plants and diffrent materials, that are produced by the volcanic processes.

A little highlight at the end was watching the sunset and moon rise at the same time while having a well tasting white wine. And on our way back we had a unexpected meeting with a wild fox.

My friends and I can only recommend the tour with Etna Est, especially with Carmello and Fedderica. I think, in case of an erruption, Carmello would be able to tell you the only spot, where you would be safe and also able to make some interesting pictures.

Overall this trip alone made our whole the trip to Sicily worth it and produced a lot of unforgettable moments.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We have been picked up at the hotel by the guide Carmelo and interpreter Fedderica - both very nice and professional. We visited Etna only in 5 people and in the afternoon - there were few people and a great possibility to take wonderful pictures. We visited a lava cave and some craters having a possibility to walk at the vulcano country side - wonderful experience! Carmelo gave us a lot of information about the vulcano and responded to all the questions. The evening finished with a bottle of regional wine, almonds and a beautiful sunset! Highly recommended! Carmelo - grazie mille!

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We have been a picked up at the hotel . What a surprise to see that we have Carmelo as a driver and a girl as translator just for us ..
We were with an other couple .
After the first climbing , they decided to not follow us higher on the Etna.
So that was like a private , personnal visit ..
Carmelo is brillant , he give you all he know ,
That was a really good day .

Thanks a lot Carmelo

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I joined half day tour of Mt. Etna with Carmelo and interpreter Valeria , Carmelo is an excellent guide . He explained everything of Mt. etna , and you can see how he loves mt. etna. Although I don't understand italian well , through interpreter Valeria, I do enjoy this tour .
It's really a excellent tour with them . also Etna est is good at all service . When I start to write them for join tour , they always reply me for my questions very quickly . Etna est is really high recommended to everyone

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The service from Etna Est was second to none. Collection and drop-off back at your accommodation is a plus, to start with. The guide was totally knowledgeable and made everything so interesting with his enthusiasm and super personality. His interpreter was equally personable and we had great fun as well as spending an interesting day. Lunch was included - again absolutely excellent, with delicious food and plenty of it. In terms of practicalities - good sturdy footwear is recommended, although my ordinary trainers were fine. It was cool up there too, so maybe a lightweight fleece or jacket is a good idea. Highly recommend Etna Est. Well done!