“Lovely food, nice setting”
Review of Beamish Park Hotel

Beamish Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Marley Hill
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
“Lovely food, nice setting”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

For my wife's birthday I booked a meal at Close House golf club, in the No.19 restaurant. We had " the soon to be famous " Braised beef with dumplings.
It was to put it bluntly, awful! the braised beef was rare with blood in the middle, and the dumplings were so salty they were almost indelible!
When the waitress informed the female chef about this, apparently the reply was " well that is how I cook my food "! We were offered free sweets, we declined! The waitress knocked the price of our ginger beers off the substantial bill!
I was really annoyed and upset because it spoilt my wife's day.
The day after we tried here ( I wanted to put things right! ). We had white vegetable soup with crusty brown bread, my wife had steak and mushroom with Guinness pie, I had salmon fish cakes, we finished with a coffee. Everything was lovely, the service was very good and the place has a really warm feel about it. What a difference!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Thewitts
SMBP020, Director of Sales at Beamish Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I was sad to hear of the bad experience you had at another Hotel but delighted you were able to rectify this and enjoyed your meal at our Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming your return soon.

Sandra Devlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Morpeth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here for one night for our wedding anniversary. Wanted a peaceful break so took a chance booking this hotel and wasn't disappointed. Receptionist was very welcoming and willing to help including extending our check out time so we could have a longer lie in. Hotel looked like it had recently been decorated, very clean and fresh looking. Our room was lovely and had everything we needed, was also able to park car outside our room. Slept very well curtains kept the room dark even in the morning. Bed was very comfortable and large. Didn't eat at hotel as we had a meal out in the evening and opted for a lie in instead of breakfast. Had a drink in the bar great atmosphere. Would defiantly stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted with your comments and next time you stay we look forward to your feedback regarding our award winning Bistro.

Many thanks

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

My partner and myself booked into the Beamish Park Hotel last minute as a treat through laterooms.com for only £75 and could not have been happier.
Firstly, a mistake on my part as I thought I was booking for Beamish Hall but I couldn't have been more pleased with my mistake.
On arrival we were greeted by a polite and friendly receptionist that have us all the information we needed.
The walk to our room was a joy itself as we saw the lovely layout of the hotel and the beautiful decor. First look at our room for the night, we were more than happy. Clean, spacious, fresh smell, nice bathroom and a love n comfy king sized bed. After getting settled in, we headed to the restaurant for our booking and were quickly seated by another friendly member of staff.
Now this is my only negative with our stay, as much as we both enjoyed our meal (we both had steak) I felt the menu was very limited and over priced for what actually came on the plate.
After our meal we had another quick drink in the bar area before heading to bed for a lovely nights sleep.
We would both definitely come back again but would think about dining else where if the menu was the same.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor,

We are delighted with your overall comments and duly noted your comment regarding our Bistro and Head Chef has been informed.

We look forward to welcoming your return very soon.

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Booked at the very last minute due to a bad experience the night before at a different hotel which we had booked to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. Beamish Park Hotel basically bent over backwards to accommodate us. The excellent receptionist did everything she could to make our stay pleasurable including early check-in, free upgrade, price match and complimentary breakfast. Our room was faultless and exceeded our expectations in every way. All staff were professional yet friendly and the meals to a very high standard. Overall an excellent experience, we will definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

We are absolutely delighted with your comments and it was lovely to hear how we went the extra mile to make your stay memorable.

We look forward to welcoming your return soon.

Crowborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I've visited the Durham area a few times of late and stayed at some good places (but this time they were fully booked) and some that weren't (and I wasn't that desperate to need to go back) and then I chanced on Beamish Park Hotel.

Unfortunately I can't comment on the food as the call of Yo Sushi at the nearby Metro Centre on a "blue Monday" was far too strong but having sampled the delights of a hearty breakfast with smiling service, next time I may just forgo my "treat" to give evening dining here a try.

The arrival was warm and courteous and efficient and when given my keys I was given a key card and a normal key. What's these for I enquired to find out one was for the patio window that allowed me to move my car around to the rear and unpack my car straight into the room. Brilliant for someone who carries so much with him on business trips.

The room was "mammoth" and the bed so comfortable too.

I would thoroughly (and genuinely) recommend this accommodation to anyone visiting the area for one night or for a base to travel around the locality. Oh and yes, I will be returning and keeping my fingers crossed that the evening meal matches the rest of my recent experience.

Room Tip: Try room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter G
SMBP020, Director of Sales at Beamish Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

We are absolutely delighted with your comments and happy you found us.

We certainly look forward to your return very soon and eating in our Bistro.

Chester-le-Street, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

A party of 6 of us booked for Sunday lunch for a special family occasion. All of us enjoyed the main course, although the two who had pork felt it was rather on the tough side. The vegetables were plentiful and lovely. However, when it came to choosing a sweet, one member asked for a small or half portion of cheese and biscuits (full portion cost £6 and would be rather too much). This was refused. How mean was that? Rather spoilt the occasion as the other sweets were thoroughly enjoyed. Don't know if we will want to go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my sincere apoIogies for your disappointment on your special occassion. As you are aware this is certainly not our usual standard and the issues have been addressed.

Please contact me direct to make future bookings as we look forward to your return very soon.

Christchurch, NZ.
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We used 2 interconnecting rooms as were 2 adults traveling with 2 teenage sons. When commented on there being no fridge a small one was bought to our room immediately. One of the toilets became inoperable but the staff were very very sincere in their apologies and did have it adhered to as soon as was practical. The beds were great and the rooms quiet. Our boys made great use of the golf course and range, this is what attracted us to the hotel. The staff were really really pleasant, helping with restaurants, and made a booking for us at an Italian in Sunniside with fantastic food. The bus for Newcastle and the Metrocentre stops right outside and a visit just across the road to the historic railway is really pleasant and a lovely bush walk. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SMBP020, Director of Sales at Beamish Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

It was good to hear that your request for a fridge was delivered to your room immediately and sincere apologies for the problem with your toilet.

However, it was good to hear that overall you had a great experience and we look forward to welcoming your return soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marley Hill
Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle South Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle South Hote...
#40 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
#1 of 20 in Gateshead
Angel View Inn
Angel View Inn
#12 of 20 in Gateshead

Been to Beamish Park Hotel? Share your experiences!