“Mostly Quiet Very Pretty Comfortable”
Review of Hotel La Mision

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rivas
Hotel La Mision
Ranked #6 of 8 Rivas B&B and Inns
Tilaran
“Mostly Quiet Very Pretty Comfortable”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed in la Mision for four nights in April and enjoyed my time in the hotel. The rooms are large and comfortable, at least the room that I had (going to keep that a secret as I will return soon). There is parking inside for two cars and a nice garden patio. Breakfast is included except i was on a budget so they discounted the room if I skipped the meal which I did. One night a bar across the street blasted me with loud music so I went over and drank beers with the locals and by 9pm they were quiet and I came back and went to sleep. Probably the nicest hotel in Rivas and I have made the effort to find them all !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed February 3, 2013

A great find in this small town, la Mision actually was a mission house at one time. There are less than 10 rooms, mine was just great with heavy dark antique furniture, spotless sheets and a clean bathroom. There is a very pleasant enclosed garden-patio, complete with a resident parrot named Margarita. Free wifi, secure parking and a pleasant breakfast was included. It's a high class joint, so leave the kids at home. Besides, there is no pool.

Just across the street is an open air restaurant & bar. The bar has no sign out so it appears to be just friends gathering for drinks and soccer on TV. My dinner there was steak cooked on a sidewalk grill, put together with salad and some kind of banana chips. One of my best meals in Nicaragua and no name to put on a review.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Atenas, Costa Rica
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Hotel La Mision is definitely the best place to stay in Rivas. This is a beautifully restored family estate within 2 blocks of downtown Rivas. The staff are very nice and speak Spanish and English. I wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else in Rivas. We stayed in room 3 for $50/night with air conditioning, cable television, a huge bathroom with closet, a queen bed and two single beds. There is a simple nicaraguan breakfast (eggs, gallo pinto and toast) served in the morning with coffee.

We made our reservation via email and we were greeted very warmly when we arrived.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank martinetrene
San Clemente, California
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've stayed 4 times now and haven't left a "review". For that I'm ashamed. This quaint little Hotel is far and away the best place to stay in Rivas. They did a remarkable restoration of a once family estate, although it does look like it could be a "Mission". The decor and plants make the ambience work. It is a very clean and beautiful setting. I do baseball both in Rivas and in the rural areas of Tola. I love the serene setting at La Mision to come back to. Rivas is the gateway to activities in the south of Nicaragua to include the Pacific Beaches, Ometepe (Island) and a short distance to Costa Rica. La Mision is in a perfect position for all that is and will happen there. Allian and his staff make me feel like "family" with Breakfast included with a large room with AC for 1/3 the cost of places in Managua. I'll be there in November and booking my room right now!! Look forward to morning Coffee and a lovely breakfast with guests and staff.

Room Tip: There are only 3 (I believe) suite rooms and I always ask for "MY room"...#3
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank redsoxsteve
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is without question the best hotel in Rivas. Don't stay anywhere else!! Lovely Colonial building in great shape & a true home from home. I've stayed all over the world & love this place. Welcoming & very hospitable owner and whilst a Nicaraguan National, speaks perfect English & with loads of local knowledge to pass on. Nice rooms, clean & tidy & very friendly all round. Great breakfast (not the usual rice & beans stuff, try the egg florentine) & within a very short walk of the town centre. The owner is a first class chap & Rivas is a nice little town so convenient to the Costa Rican border. I'll be back soon

Room Tip: All rooms great, for a bargain, the room by the kitchen, for privacy, the room with a balcony &...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank worldtraveller10538
California
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We made a reservation via email at hotel la Mision. Since we did not get confirmation, we called and asked about the small suite. The receptionist on the phone said that it was 20 to 25 USD, and the large suite for 40usd. We said that the small suite was fine for as long as we had TV,hot water and AC. On the same day of our arrival, the owner called and said that he had a nice suite ready for us. Upon arrival, they showed us a suite with a queen and 2 single beds for a price of 60 usd, but the owner said that because it was "us", he was going to let us have it for 50usd.
When we said that we have reserved the small suite for 20 to 25 usd, she explained that it was already taken. It did not matter that we have made a reservation over the phone and via e mail, now the price was 50usd. Although other people on Trip Advisor complimented the great customer service they got at La Mision, that was not our experience, and we walked away.
The place was cleaned and tiddy, and the suite they showed us had a huge bathroom and AC, but we were unhappy with the way they managed our booking and felt that they price their rooms by the face of the customer.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank barbara93108
Huizen, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We found La mision through tripadvisor and were glad for it. It is located in a beautiful colonial building in the centre of Rivas and the rooms are very nicely decorated. We had the room closest to the reception area, which was a great room with a more than huge bed, nice tv and airco.

The owner is very nice and tries to make you feel right at home. He even drove us to the busstop himself when our taxi didn't show up on time! He also had an excellent restaurant recommendation. A bit on the expensive site, but the T-bone steak house was absolutely worth it. We had a nicely cooked smooth steak and a very nice thai chicken on sugarcane.

It was a bit of a challenge finding contactinformation for the hotel in the internet, but you will be able to reach the hotel at misionmiranda@gmail.com or through telnr 25630384/84902072, the owner speaks perfect English.

Room Tip: room next to receptionarea was great!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family