As a NZer who has visited this property regularly for over 15 years I hesitate to let anyone know about it. Oh well!
Firstly, all the units are individually owned and the property has full time managers. You could be rubbing shoulders with visitors or owners (who have to allow their unit to be let out for so many weeks and holiday weekends each year).
All units are individually decorated and furnished, but do have standard things like microwaves and showers (no baths) in each unit. There are one, two and three bedroom units and the view is different from each.
This may account for one reviewers dislike of the pillows, but we all have different tastes here. I like mine very flat.
Yes, the slivers of soap are small, but this is common to motels in NZ. It is not a hotel or resort. Not many places provide beach towels.
There is a steep, but very safe, path down to the motel's private beach - it's worth the trek.
This property is on its own headland with one of the best views in NZ. Would you worry about the soap?
So please don't tell anyone about this place. I want to continue to be able to get bookings relatively easily.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pacific Rendezvous is located in the heart of an exciting stretch of Northland coastline - just 30 minutes drive from Whangarei City. Sited in a comanding position on a peninsula jutting out into the blue Pacific, the Resort overlooks the whole of Tutukaka Harbour with a breathtaking ocean panorama across the deep sea fishing grounds from the historic Poor Knights Islands to the Hen & Chicken Islands. A coastal area where man and nature combine to provide a whole host of things to do - swimming - boating - fishing - surfing - scuba diving - sightseeing and trips to the Poor Knights Islands marine reserve. Deep sea fishing, exciting beaches to discover and explore. Something for all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Pacific Rendezvous reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Rendezvous Hotel Tutukaka
- Pacific Rendezvous Whangarei
- Pacific Rendezvous Hotel Whangarei
- Pacific Rendezvous Tutukaka, South Pacific