We never go out to the Tutakaka Coast without a stop over at the Pacific Rendezvous Motel. The setting is nothing short of amazing, atop a peninsula with water views to die for. Even though it was a rainy night, we were cosy, warm and happy as clams. We rented a dvd from the wee shop for $2, pulled back into the old fashioned lazy-boy chairs and watched a bad movie! Contented and delighted and so happy to be there. The owners are what New Zealanders are famous for: friendly, kind, helpful and as easy going as is possible. There was a lot of noise from the neighbouring kids when we first arrived, because the next unit was crammed with kids. The shower plumbing fixtures may be a bit difficult to negotiate for visitors from overseas, (slightly 70's) but that is to quibble. Peaceful and recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pacific Rendezvous is located in the heart of an exciting stretch of Northland coastline - just 30 minutes drive from Whangarei City. Sited in a comanding position on a peninsula jutting out into the blue Pacific, the Resort overlooks the whole of Tutukaka Harbour with a breathtaking ocean panorama across the deep sea fishing grounds from the historic Poor Knights Islands to the Hen & Chicken Islands. A coastal area where man and nature combine to provide a whole host of things to do - swimming - boating - fishing - surfing - scuba diving - sightseeing and trips to the Poor Knights Islands marine reserve. Deep sea fishing, exciting beaches to discover and explore. Something for all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Pacific Rendezvous reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Rendezvous Hotel Tutukaka
- Pacific Rendezvous Whangarei
- Pacific Rendezvous Hotel Whangarei
- Pacific Rendezvous Tutukaka, South Pacific