It was many years since our previous visit, so we read a few reviews before we came here this time and ended up not being sure what to expect as they seemed to be a mixed bag. I don't know whether we struck it lucky or whether things have improved recently, but am pretty sure it's the latter. I went for a good slow stroll around the resort and it seems to me that the owners have ploughed a lot of money into updating things. Sure, if you look hard enough you can see the signs that these are old units, but in my opinion most of them look fresh and modern, and I think it would be sad if anyone was put off staying there by the reviews that accentuate the oldness and tiredness of the place - the owners are obviously working on that and I expect that things are likely to get even better as time goes on. And setting of course is idyllic - it seems that most people are agreed on that point! We stayed in unit 1, and the biggest fault we could find was an old, faded, picture of the area in the toilet - in other words we were pretty happy with it.
I rarely get up North so it's likely to be a few years before our next visit, but I have no hesitation in recommending Pacific Rendezvous to people who are looking for a place to stay in that part of the country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pacific Rendezvous is located in the heart of an exciting stretch of Northland coastline - just 30 minutes drive from Whangarei City. Sited in a comanding position on a peninsula jutting out into the blue Pacific, the Resort overlooks the whole of Tutukaka Harbour with a breathtaking ocean panorama across the deep sea fishing grounds from the historic Poor Knights Islands to the Hen & Chicken Islands. A coastal area where man and nature combine to provide a whole host of things to do - swimming - boating - fishing - surfing - scuba diving - sightseeing and trips to the Poor Knights Islands marine reserve. Deep sea fishing, exciting beaches to discover and explore. Something for all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com and Hotwire so you can book your Pacific Rendezvous reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Rendezvous Hotel Tutukaka
- Pacific Rendezvous Whangarei
- Pacific Rendezvous Hotel Whangarei
- Pacific Rendezvous Tutukaka, South Pacific