“Good as gold”

Wahi Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Tutukaka
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Wahi means 'Place' in Maori. Our menu is dictated by season and we incorporate a mix of tapas style offerings and a la carte options. We have 3 function rooms to cater for 30, 60 or up to 120
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We spend two days one night in Tutukaka and we had lunch, dinner and breakfast there!
Good food and atmosphere! Friendly staff who gave us some advices about the area.
If we get any chances to back in NZ, we will definetely go back to this place!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Chicken burger with chips. But the grilled chicken in the burger was so tender and juicy. The burger held together. It was (and I had many burgers in the last month) the best burger I've had in the last year, at least. The chips were good. I prefer mine a different shape, but they were crispy and tasty. The service was friendly and we didn't have to wait forever for our feed.

1  Thank Mikefilmnerd
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Not much more to say really- dined here during the off season. Lunch was very good, but the service was even better. It would be very tough to go past Oceans if you are looking for a good meal in Tutukaka.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Last week after a grueling day( a Tues)) at work a friend and I headed to tutukaka for dinner. We passed Oceans in favour of the more "up market "schnappa rock..big mistake. Told to wait in the bar. Ignored for 15 mins. Restaurant half full. After 15 mins I asked waiter if we could sit at one of the vacant tables and was told I needed to wait in the bar. We waited another 10 mins and left. Went to Oceans.
Night and day difference. Amazingly friendly staff. Incredibly fresh fish of the day. Very reasonably priced. Nothing too much trouble. I will take all of my visitors there ( I live in Ngunguru) from now on.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Turned up late - welcomed like long lost friends. Despite kitchen closing down were offered fish and chips from fryers still working. Gotta be the best fish and chips I've had in a while - crisp lite batter on fresh, fresh fish with just the right amount of chips and delicious generous green salad. This meal along with a drink set me back a very reasonable $24! Service was attentive, friendly and quick! Will definitely bring friends here when they visit over the xmas period. Thanks team. :-)