“A perfect day and it was”
Review of Dive Tutukaka

Dive Tutukaka
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Tutukaka
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The longest standing family-run dive company around; with a number of boats, professional crew, and every day all year round trips to the Poor Knights Islands. Passionate about the environment, conservation, for divers, snorkellers, and sightseers.
Christchurch, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A perfect day and it was”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

28th dec, did the perfect day trip, for young staff they were very friendly, professional, nothing a bother. Great trip, skippers commentary was great, loved the snorkelling, maybe not the array of sea life we've seen before but was fantastic all the same, and you had plenty of time unlike some trips we've been on, learning history of the poor knights made you proud to be a kiwi, would definitely do this trip again. We've snorkelled in Thailand and Great Barrier Reef, which was great but this was in our own back yard. Thanks for great trip.

San Francisco, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“No place like home”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Dive Tutukaka is the example of why a business is successful. The entire crew are fun,helpful and care about what they are doing .
I watched everyone work together in the chaos of the morning to get all divers and snorkelers off safely to our boats complete with the correct equipment and a lunch (cookie for me ) .i never heard a negative comment or saw anyone struggle with something without someone stepping in to help. This is the dive shop I learned to dive from a year ago and this is the dive shop I will always feel part of.

1 Thank sheryl r
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Certainly what every dive shop should strive to be.”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The HMNZS Waikato was the best dive I've ever done. And Dive Tutakaka the best operators I've had the pleasure of dealing with, in over 10 years diving. I thought that kind of proffesionalism and desire to please the customer was a thing of the past.

Anyone wishing to learn to dive wrecks or just wants to give it go. Dive the Waikato with Dive Tutukaka.

Melbourne, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Lovely trip to Poor Knights. Best dive crew!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I was suffering from sinusitis when I arrived at Tutukaka and the staff there were absolutely reassuring. They advised me that if I couldn't snorkel, I could paddle board or kayak. The crew was very efficient on the boat and guided us through the snorkeling areas very well. Food was very good on boat and prepackaged already. Hot soups and hot drinks were available after each dive or snorkel. The Mao Mao arch was the most amazing spot for me that day for snorkeling seeing hundreds of Mao mao fishes and also I saw kingfishes, trevally and stingray. The captain brought a great sense of humour to the trip!

Vancouver, Canada
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Professional and comfortable”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Great comfortable boat, organized and friendly staff. The "Perfect Day" snorkel cruise was a lot of fun, although the marine life at the Poor Knight's islands was not incredibly impressive. Still, the boat drive through the arches and into the sea cave was a lot of fun, as was using the SUP boards.