While the room facilities are modern and clean, the lack of air-conditioning made for a stifling sleepless night, even during rainy April autumn weather.
However the thing that really spoilt our stay was the appalling rudeness and arrogance of one of the staff. After our early evening arrival we sat down with two other couples for a very pleasant dinner and drinks in the hotel restaurant. To finish off, around 9.45pm we ordered cups of tea and a couple of beers, only to be told that no alcohol would be served as the bar was now closed. Not only was this 75 minutes before the licensed closing time, but we had been given no warning or any chance for last orders.
The so-called Bar Manager said it was a slow night and her decision and hers alone to close early. The fact that we were guests of the hotel was "your problem, not mine." Even when the General Manager appeared and agreed that we should have been given prior notice, there was no attempt to make amends, nor even a hint of an apology.
All six of us were appalled at the lack of customer service and contemptuous attitude displayed and we definitely won't be recommending the Oceans Resort to anybody else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Northland's Tutukaka Coast, our friendly, relaxed hotel has well-appointed rooms and apartments with sunny terraces, salt water pool, a light, airy bar overlooking the marina and an award-winning restaurant. The hotel has free Wi-Fi, Sky TV Guest Select, free parking, BBQ, tour desk and luggage storage. Rooms include coffee and tea making facilities, modem connection, satellite TV, bathtub and shower. Just 90 minutes from the Bay of Islands, Tutukaka is the gateway to the Poor Knights Islands Marine Reserve, rated as one of the world's top 10 dive sites. Other activities include kayaking, sailing, fishing, day cruises, snorkeling, horse riding and golf. A unique, private setting for a special wedding ceremony, event or conference. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Quality Hotel Oceans Tutukaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceans Resort And Hotel Tutukaka
- Quality Hotel Oceans Tutukaka South Pacific