Little Bay Cabins
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Sandy's By The Sea(Little Bay)
The Cliff Hotel(Negril)
The Caves(Negril)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewsmeal planother guestsjerk chickenbob marleyfishjamaican experienceliterally feetoff the beaten pathbest friendon premisesbat cave tourbeautiful spotnatural beautyreal jamaicacomfort zonecan't wait to go backtake care
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We are so happy to have spent a couple of days of our honeymoon at Little Bay. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful.

It was great to relax right at the ocean and go to sleep with the sound of the waves. We did a little snorkeling and saw starfish and jellyfish!

It was great to disconnect with the technology and reconnect with ourselves, each other and the beauty that surrounded us.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed on the Little Bay Cabins with family in May. The rooms were very clean, spacious and private. The beach was less than a minute walk from our room and the grounds of the hotel were filled with well maintained flowers and trees. The staff are so lovely and kind. The owner of the property was around and made sure to speak to everyone and also learn names. It really was like one big family. The food and drink for sale from the restaurant were top drawer. The daily included breakfast featured a wide array of local Jamaican food as well as safer options for those less adventurous. I have NEVER seen water as beautiful as there. The cottages were absolutely romatic looking!!!!! Did the most wonderful snorkeling right off the beach, surrounded by HUNDREDS of fish(school of them) saw ALL KINDS OF FISH! All i can say is WOW! The pictures posted do not do this place justice. It's beautiful.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from Little Bay Cabins three days ago and ABOSLUTELY loved it! As soon as you step on the property, there is this instant sense of calmness. Definitely do your research before coming here...if you think it is a five star/all-inclusive resort, you are wrong.

STAFF: The only reason I can not give LBC five stars is because of the owners wife, Keisha. She was not friendly from the second I met her. She was extremely pushy with the meal plan and demanded that we purchase it. She was rude to us the rest of our trip. At check in, she swiped my credit card for the $100 deposit. THEN, while I was filling out additional paperwork, she swiped it AGAIN thinking I wasn't looking which resulted in an additional $100 charge that I am still trying to get back. Mike, the owner is a white guy who moved to Little Bay from Connecticut 20 years ago. Very cool guy who keeps to himself but will take you on a drive around the area and help out any way he can. Miss Patsy the house keeper is AMAZING! She's so friendly and sat and talked to us daily and gave us hugs when we left. Top Shelf the life guard/ grounds keeper is also awesome! I really do not have anything bad to say about anyone other than Keisha....she can go kick rocks.

CABINS: Most of the cabins are doubles with a thin wall separating from the cabin next to you. GET CABINS #5...it is the only single cabin directly on the water. The first 3 nights we were at LBC, only one other couple was on the property so it was as if we had the whole place to ourselves. We stayed in cabin #1 which is furthest from the restaurant/bar area BUT nobody walks down by it since it is all the way on the end. The Legend is about 100 meters from the rest of the cabins....two BR's each with king beds and a kitchen and close to the hammocks...UPGRADE to it if you can. There is no A/C, refrigerator, TV, radio, or internet in the cabins. It cools down nice at night so open the windows and turn on the ceiling fan and you will be perfect. So relaxing to fall asleep and wake up to the sound of the waves.

FOOD: The website advertises 3 places to eat....they are actually all the same building. We had supper there the first night and it was ok and at $20 each. Keisha really tries to push the meal plan when you check in...DO NOT BUY IT! Right past the massage hut on the other side of the barbed wire fence is a dilapidated place called Wayne's World.....MOST AMAZING FOOD!!! He charged $30 for two dinners and set a table, chairs, candles, and flowers on the beach for us at sunset. BEST jerk chicken and curried conch I've ever had. BRING SNACKS!!! Either pack snacks in your suitcase or stop at the store before leaving Montego Bay. There are not any stores close by and you do not want to waste your money on the lunch. We brought PBJ, triscuits, summer sausage, chips and salsa, bagels, chex mix, tuna pounches and crackers. BRING LIQUOR OR WINE! We brought 2 bottles of rum and a bottle of wine and got soda at the store....drinks at the Lean Back Lounge are at least $7 each. Buy bottled water at the store if you can...don't drink the faucet water. Buy a case of Red Stripe at the store and get a little cooler of ice from O'Shane at the Lean Back Lounge to keep in your cabin otherwise you will end up spending $4/beer.

THINGS TO DO: I don't know what all these people are talking about when they say there's nothing to do at LBC. Snorkeling and kayaking is free and all supplies are provided. Definitely have Top Shelf take you out to the reef....so beautiful! We snorkeled and kayaked daily. Make sure you go to The Blue Hole ($15/person) and jump! A staff member drives you about 15 minutes up into the mountains to The Blue Hole. The ladder to get out looks rickety but it's pretty secure. Be sure to jump in! It's the most exhilarating feeling and there's mineral mud at the bottom that took away my sunburn. :) Rub it all over your skin. We did the Bob Marley and bat cave tours because they were included in our Groupon. They are about a 20 minute walk....don't pay for it ($35/person). Ask a local to take you there. BRING A BOOK! It was so relaxing to sit on the porch or in a hammock and read a good book. GET A MASSAGE! The seaside massage was $55 each for one hour and sooooo worth it! I've had better massages but the atmosphere of it all was amazing.

MISC.: Do not use Little Bay's shuttle service! Book online with Joe Cool's Taxi and Tours...only $80 each way and they bring a cooler of Red Stripes for you to enjoy on the 1.5 hour ride. Marijuana is ILLEGAL and the police will enforce it! LBC is a ganja friendly facility and much of the staff was smoking. It's very common to see people walking around with a joint in hand. Do not freak out if you see people walking down the roads with a machete in their hand....they are either coming or going to work...not to come kill you. LBC is in the country so there will be cows and goats roaming around. BRING BUG SPRAY!!!! The Deep Woods kind.Once the sun goes down, the bugs come out. Talk to the locals.

BRING ANY KIND OF CLOTHES/SHOES/HATS to donate to the locals and their kids. The poverty in this area is unlike anything you could ever imagine. Many houses get destroyed over and over by hurricanes and they do not have money to rebuild, so they just collect the pieces and try to nail them back together. Homeless people in the USA live like kings compared to these people.

Go to LBC with a very open mind and be prepared to just go with the flow. There is no set schedule there so if you want to go on a tour, tell them the day before. This was the most relaxing vacation I have ever been on and can not wait to go back!! Definitely purchase the Groupon or Living Social deals whenever they are available. Respect!

Room Tip: CABIN #5- only single seaside cabin.
7  Thank palleiske05
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have not been able to get to writing a review for this and still do not have much time. I traveled to Little Bay Cabins in February/March of 2013. Like many of the reviewers, I was not too sure if I made the right decision with purchasing this deal on LivingSocial. I purchased it based on it being in Jamaica and the Bob Marley tour (huge Bob fan). After a while, I started seeing reviews on TripAdvisor and I was really frightened to take my trip, even tried to sell the voucher.

Needless to say, an entire year after making the purchase, I made my way out there! I unfortunately could not stay the full length (instead of 5 nights, I could only stay 4). The ride from the Montego Bay airport was by far the more nerve wrecking experience I have ever been through. You drive on the left hand side (which I have been accustomed to) and the roads are winding and no speed limits!! The cab driver was very kind and explained things along the way about his beautiful country. We stopped off and had authentic Jamaican food at Border Jerk. The jerk chicken was the absolute best!

Driving into the cabin grounds was very interesting to say the least, though once we parked and arrived inside Little Bay Cabins, our mouths were wide open! Their website does zero justice for how beautiful it is there. Our cabin was #3 and then we moved to cabin #7, but any location on the grounds are a no-brainer. Irregardless of your cabin being seaside or behind the seaside cabins, you are still a short walk to the ocean. The reviewers who gripe about their cabin location are just unhappy about life - that's the only thing I can say about that!

Some cons:
-The food was awful! We brought a ton of snacks with us from the states and found that we were able to survive. We were able to pick and choose from 2 selections during dinner, but out of 4 nights, there were probably only 2.5 meals that we thoroughly enjoyed. There is a hut within walking distance that we heard of, but we opted out of going there. We did only pay for 2 days worth of meals on their meal plan. Coming in, we had leftovers from Border Jerk and only needed to re-heat the food.
- There are no scheduled activities. If you want to take advantage of the kayaking, snorkeling or tours, etc., you must let them know in advance. Nothing was planned and even though they have it listed online, it would be great if they had things scheduled. Otherwise, they would be completely fine if you're there for 5 nights and haven't taken advantage of anything.

Pros:
- The staff is great! Though they can be very nosey (the friend of the owner - Chris), they were very helpful with anything we needed. Very kind and gracious. Any tips you can give them, please do!! We learned of the exchange rate and our $1 is $93 of theirs. We were generous when we felt services warranted it.
- The island is soooooooooo beautiful, peaceful, & relaxing!
- The drinks were great and cheap!
- The massage was $50 and was right on the water. FANTASTIC!
- Cabins were clean and it was not loud at all from the other guests. We really enjoyed the sound of the ocean crashing only footsteps away?
- They had nights where we gathered for a bonfire.

I have more pros, but these are the first that come to mind as the time has gotten away from me. My pros far outweigh my cons. We will definitely be back to this little gem!

Thank you to Mike and his lovely wife for being great cabin owners!! See ya soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank princessjen7
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I heard about Little Bay Cabins from a friend who traveled there earlier this year. She had an incredible time, so we decided to check it out! It was our first trip to Jamaica, and what an incredible one it was!

Little Bay Cabins were amazing.... quiet, peaceful, simple.... exactly what we wanted and needed! Staff was AMAZING. We did not interact much with Mike and Keisha for a variety of our own personal reasons, however, the business they run is a wonderful one- because the cabins and the location speak for themselves!

We did not do much, however availability of day trips was wonderful. Staff made everything so easy and accessible for us, even though we chose to lay about as well as explore the area... which we HIGHLY recommend!!!

It is a "little" bay, with a whole lot of heart. We met Wayne at "Wayne's World" -- which is a MUST!!!! We actually ate there a few times, because the food was superb! Homestyle cooking, some of the best Jamaican jerk and conch I've ever had! He sets up a table on the beach, for a wonderful romantic dinner atmosphere.... a must.

We met nice local people as we walked down the beach and along the road, all smiles and good vibes-- true Jamaican experience....

All in all, we would come back in a heart beat... and plan to do so, for a simple, relaxing, beautiful Jamaican get away.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple