“For the price, not the best”
Review of Little Bay Cabins

Little Bay Cabins
Reviewed March 27, 2013

After buying a LS voucher for Little Bay, we booked and purchased our flights. As the days went by, the reviews started coming in about lack of privacy, 30 minute trip to town, 40 to 7 mile beach, no snacks, limited hot water, lots of bugs, "better like your vacation mates, because that is all you will have". Food was "pricey" and sparse without choices. As we got more nervous about spending out VACATION and our money on a flight, we booked at ROOMS last minute on 7 mile beach. We toured the Little Bay when we got there, with the manager at the time.
It was 40 minutes from town, in the hills. Beach was small but beautiful, and the place was clean and cozy. The walls in the duplex cabins were thin, the porch was small and shared. The water was in tanks on the property, so as limited as the delivery. All the drinks were in plastic (they professed "green" in their add) The food plan was HIGH, and the only option unless you wanted to travel a significant amount of time to town. Your vacation was basically camp with a slew of strangers, which I am sure were a mix and just fine. This, however, for the money, even with the deal, was not the VACA it professed. We have never rebooked. We stayed at ROOMS on 7 mile beach, ate a variety of excellent places, sailed, snorkeled, did the falls, had great drinks, great rooms, pool, AC and it COST LESS than Little Bay's options. I am selling my credit, as it is expired. If you travel to Jamaica, you can really do better with your money and time.

Room Tip: No AC, no privacy, must whisper in all duplexes to not be overheard. LIMITED food.
Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank velojan

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We've been traveling for years all over the planet (every continent but Antarctica) and LBC is right up there for chill simplicity and peacefulness. We spent 7 days in February 2013 and loved everything about it-- the accommodations were comfortable and right on the beach, the food was great, the other guests were fun folks to meet and the peace and sense of timelessness was priceless. No connectivity! A great remedy to what ails you in this modern, high tech, hectic world that we live in. The staff was so friendly and personable and we send great thanks to Mike and Keisha for all of their hard work in making LBC what it is. The flowers, the serenity and of course, the ocean.... we'll be back, sooner than later. Love from Carol and Jimmy....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We just returned from Little Bay 4 days ago. We were there for 6 days/5 nights via the Living Social deal. This was my 3rd time to Jamaica but the first time I've felt like I've really experienced the culture and people. I have done large, all-inclusives (Sandals), and no offense to those places, but LBC is the way to do it. I will definitely be back. Not only is the staff wonderful, but getting to know the other guests was just as much part of the experience. You get to know people, eat together, see them come and go, and feel sad when you see them leave. That is something you'll never get in a big resort. The food was good - we got the meal plan and didn't regret it. If your used to eating a lot of food, you might want to bring snacks. We were pretty satisfied with meals and portions but we eat smaller portions anyway. I do regret that we never made it over to Wayne's World, but we'll be back and try it next time. The massages were great ($55/hr). My bar tab wasn't nearly as high as I thought it would be, but who needs to drink when there are much better highs to be had?!? I have nothing bad to say about this place. I feel like once word spreads and people continue to come here on Groupon and LS deals, they will blow up and be hard to book. I'd be happy for their well-deserved success but I kinda want to keep in to myself :)

Room Tip: We stayed oceanfront and it was nice, but I wouldn't fret if you can't book a water front ro...
1  Thank Crystal S
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I just came back from LBC yesterday. I bought a voucher from Groupon stayed three days and had a great time. So if your reading this and your still not sure..or like me you bought first then started reading reviews than here are some things to know.

Food: They have a meal plan..i didn't use it. We ate meals that we were awake for, and brought LOTS of snacks! Plus Wayne's World is DELICIOUS! You can see his shack from LBC. For $30(a couple) he will make you more food than you can eat and set up a fire and table on the beach! Go at lunch and tell him for dinner. Also to your left outta LBC is a guy named Chubby he is trying to get off the ground. He will make you food for probably $10(a couple). LBC food is great the fruit is fresh but you might be hungry when your done. The continental is free but inspect the bread first there was mold on my piece.

Transportation: They offer $100.00 one way. We didn't do that heh..we called Joe Cool he charges $80.00 one way/ He great! check out his website or look for him on TripAdvisor. Not that their service is not great..it's just pricey. The ride is about 2 hours long and Jamaicans drive CRAZY! i do not recommend trying to drive. Even if you can drive on the opposite side of the road, it's still crazy and there are no road names in the rural area. Just DON'T DO IT.

Drinks: They offer $5 mix drinks and $4 beers. We brought our own alcohol in checked bag. If your wanting to get really done and not pay 100's of dollars this is the way. You can have up to 5 liters of alcohol in your checked bag. The bartenders Azmar and Dawayne are Great guys. Very young good looking PROS! I perfer Azmar personally but you will figure it out for yourself.

Activities: There is not alot to do while you are there. This place is for chilling. They do have some tours that you can go on such as Bob Marley tour which is you walking 3 miles to the remains of his home..not that exciting and kinda dangerous if your not physically fit.

There's the cave..which is part of the Bob tour your only there for about 10 mins its just a cave. There's a Canoe tour with Chef which we didn't do because he said the tide was too high..but you can do that on your own. There are other things you can pay to do which involve shopping in Negril but you can do that on your way in or out. They have bond fires. You have to ask and maybe even help if it's not a "bond fire night" BRING YOUR OWN SNORKEL GEAR. No offence but theirs has kinda had it and everyone uses it. They are not properly cleaned. All you need it water shoes and goggles with the mouth piece. Canoe your day away tho it is very fun! Lots of places to venture.

Cabins: Listen...all the cabins are ALL in the same place. within a mile radius. You don't need a cabin close to the water if you want peace and quite. 1) all the single cabins are in the back. that's what i would have wanted. 2) if your in the front than everyone is going to wake you up on their way to the beach! There is no air conditioning so you have to slightly leave open the blinds and if you buy the beach than it's gonna be bright right at 6am. If your in the back the sun might not get you till about 10am. The walls are thin yes but hey it is what it is. I had HOT water every day i was there.

Bugs: I did not see any roaches lol specially not 5 inch long like some people say which had me worried! some rooms have roach traps and all that. BRING BUG SPRAY! I was never bothered by the mosquitoes until we went out walking around. Bring the deep woods kind b/c these are not regular mosquitoes that will leave HUGE red blotches all over you!

Staff: These are the best people i have ever met! They don't ask you for anything. All they want to do is make sure that you are taken care of! the cleaning maids do a wonderful job i tipped them. Chef, Boise, Piggy, and Azmar etc will get you anything you need(wink wink) just ask for anything and they will try to help you! Tip them well they work hard for next to nothing!

Other: Get to know the people around you!!! It will make everything sooo much more fun. People from all over the globe are coming here and you can learn alot from them! Check your bill before you leave and make sure it's right. Mine was NOT and they tried to say it was. As i was walking to Joe Cool's Van they stopped me and said never mind and handed me a $100 bill! These are honest people!

Overall I had a great time because i did it MY WAY. you have to enjoy yourself the way you want to. You don't have to do everything they say to do. If you do your gonna spend ALOT of money! Go to Wayne's world, and check out chubby's peaceful cove. He has a coconut far and he will cut one down for you to drink the juice! He has a private Lot right next to LBC for $50/per night including food and he will transport you!(look for the pics)

MAKE IT YOUR VACATION YOUR WAY!!
feel free to ask me anything.

3  Thank Kendra O
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We traveled from Iowa to Little Bay for our Honeymoon. I am speaking honestly and from the heart, we could not have had a better time anywhere else in the world. Little Bay is a quaint priceless hideaway from the world. The actual property was amazing, but it was simply the Staff of Little Bay Cabins that made it PERFECT! They went above and beyond their duties to see that we were taken care of. Mike, the owner was an amazing man who lives and breaths his dream. I cannot say enough about the people of Jamaica. We will be back!

The one and only tip I would give, is that you need to be prepared for a wild and crazy ride from the airport to Little Bay. Roads are not in the best condition and it takes getting used to driving on the opposite side of the road.. Please do not rent a car, use Little Bays shuttle service. It is too dangerous. Leave the driving to the experienced drivers.

Overall, 1,000 stars out of 10!

We love you Little Bay!

Room Tip: Single cabins are awesome! Walls on side by side cabins are a little thin. The "Legend"...
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Little Bay Cabins... what a great experience. I went with a friend after purchasing a Living Social voucher. That was the BEST purchase of my life! Quiet, serene, peaceful, relaxing. Even though it was easy to stay on the beautiful property, we ventured off into the neighborhood and met so many wonderful, friendly, open local people! The accommodations were fantastic- clean, colorful and full of a vibrant energy that permeated throughout. Hammocks and lounge chairs scattered throughout made relaxing next to the ocean ideal.

The Jamaican staff at the Cabins were the nicest, friendliest group any one could ask for.

The food at the Cabins was just ok- very americanized. Do not recommend getting the meal plan. Would ABSOLUTELY suggest taking it day-by-day. PLEASE go down the road to Wayne's World. Help support the local community! We spent most of our time down the road at Wayne's World, the best homestyle Jamaican cooking I have ever had. Wayne lives in the house across the street with his family, takes specialized orders for lunch or dinner, will prepare whatever you want and serve it to you at his bar or on candlelit tables on the beach. Incredibly romantic and a fun experience. Best traditional Jamaican food I've tasted!

Overall, what an incredible experience. I will go back many many many times.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ashley M
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Little Bay Cabins is located in a remote area of Jamaica that provides for a very relaxing vacation. As the pictures show, the location is absolutely beautiful. This is not your typical "all inclusive" style resort. It is better defined as upscale camping. There is no T.V., internet, or cell phone service. The cabins have full bathrooms, electricity and daily maid service, but no air conditioning. The bedroom is cooled by a ceiling fan and natural sea breezes. I found the breeze and the sound of the ocean very conducive to sleeping from dusk to dawn. The down side is the occasional mosquito that finds its way to you and leaves you with a couple of bites by morning.
Upon our arrival, we met the owner and various staff members who were very courteous and friendly. The hospitality provided by the staff and all of the Jamaican people that we encountered during our stay was simply amazing. The only annoying person that we came across was an American native non-permanently residing on the island, attempting to engage in his side job of “getting you anything you need” while smoking his large marijuana cigarette. Along those lines, the only type of smoking by any of the islanders that we encountered was of the cannabis variety. This can be very troublesome if this is not your thing and/or your employment requires random drug testing.
During our stay, we purchased the daily meal plan (breakfast, lunch and dinner for $30.00/ day). Breakfast was by far the best meal of the day with the other meals being hit or miss. The staff indicated that a new chef was coming and we did experience his food for two meals that were the best of our five day stay.
We took the walking tour of the “Bat Cave” and “Bob Marley” house and natural spring water hole. This was a nice hike of the area that included some children from the local school running out to greet us. I found the tour enjoyable and of the correct length. We opted to remain at the resort for the remainder of our stay and enjoyed numerous massages that were fantastic. We also engaged in some of the water sports at the resort but had to be cautious due to stinging jelly fish that were present during certain water conditions. During our stay, I observed three different people that had received stings from the jelly fish.
Overall, our trip to Little Bay Cabins was enjoyable and relaxing. I can honestly say that by the end of our five days, we were very ready to head back to our normal lives, food, and conveniences.
Bill from Boston

Room Tip: Beach front cabin is a must.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple