“You gotta to live this once in your life”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Little Bay Cabins

Little Bay Cabins
Montreal, Canada
“You gotta to live this once in your life”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I must start by saying every piece of my body and soul misses what I like to think of as the best kept secret vacation spot I have been to, Little Bay Cabins.

I stayed at Mike and Keisha for 4 days in december. I arrived at Little bay on Christmas day for a short, alone getaway. Mike, Keisha, Patsy welcomed me like a member of their family and made sure I was confortable, felt safe and catered to.

Mike introduced me to Kayaking, snorkelling and Keisha and Patsy prepared great meals. The villa was very confortable and cozy , and I felt just like I was home ...except I was in paradise.

I would wake up at dawn and have my breakfast on the veranda facing the sea, with the sounds of the waves and the birds, read a good book which my hectic pace lifestyle in " Babylon" :-) doesn't allow me to do often. When the sun was warm enough I would go lay down on the beach, swim, snorkel, sleep, wake up again and so on... Exactly what I was longing for!
In just 4 days felt relaxed and rejuvenated like I never did before.

It was so nice that I didn't even get out of the spot to visit Negril!

At night, Mike Keisha and I would have great convos about all kind topics. Mike's life experience is so rich that you can sure learn a thing or two from him. I know I did... :-)

Blacks took me to visit Bob Marley's cave and what is left of his house... what a shame ( yes another well kept secret, 10 min away from little Cabin).

Eggy was the one who came to pick me up at the airport and was just adorable.

I definitely recommend Little Bay Cabins to couples, woman travelling alone like I did, families though I must say that very selfishly I pray that this place keeps this " out of the beaten path / hidden paradise" caché.

Thanks for everything Mike, Patty, Keisha, Blacks. I am still wearing that nice bracelet Keisha gave me as a goodbye present and which has a lot of success. I miss you a lot and will be back very soon!
Asma

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
9 Thank AsmaQC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Highly recommend Little Bay Cabins. Clean, comfortable rooms and the location can not be beat. Little Bay is great little out of the way spot without the feeling of being in the middle of no where. This property is perfect for couples looking to get away from home and work. You are in paradise. You leave behind the hustle of urban life but still everything you need is just a short walk away. The people you meet around the area are the nicest I have ever come across. Everyone greets you with a smile just as if you were walking through your own neighborhood....and after a couple days you feel like you are in your new neighborhood.
I can not wait to get back again!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
30 Thank badbadjimmy
Calais, Vermont, United States
Reviewed December 14, 2011

What more can I say other than staying here, well, felt like home. A real home. Filled with warmth, grace, beauty, food cooked with love, beautiful shelter, classy caretakers (Mike, Keisha, and Patsy) and a comfort that this American woman had never experienced before in her life. I have traveled around the world, stayed at some of the top hotels in the world and none of them can hold a candle to this place. These fine "Little Bay Cabins" are real, built from love and the setting is the best that Jamaica has to offer. Amazing beach, calm warm waters, shells and sea glass to be found by any person that loves to comb the beach, and I even saw my first ever green starfish!! The grounds are (of course!) pristine and lovingly cared for and you will be too! One of the things I appreciated most about this place is that it has been ecologically built with respect to the settings natural beauty including the native Jamaicans. Unlike many Caribbean places I have visited and stayed at, it was clear that this family owned and operated business was built with integrity to the Island and it's people. I think it would make Jamaica Kincaid proud to stay here, and that's saying a lot. :) (If you haven't read it yet, read her very short autobiography "A Simple Place" which talks about the American corporate destruction of her native land, the Bahamas. It will make you think twice about how you wish to vacation in the future.)

I didn't want to leave, seriously, just ask my traveling companions!! :) And I did and I can't wait to go back and discover it all over again!! I fell in love there- with the people and the place. Thank you Little Bay Cabins for guiding me home, I will NEVER forget my stay there. And if you visit there, you too will never forget your time there. It will change your life, it did mine :)

Room Tip: All the cabins are great rooms!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
22 Thank mimilingling
Saranac Lake, New York
Reviewed December 12, 2011

After a “Hero Movie Inspired” ride across the Island in a crappy rental…, (another story for another day perhaps…), we arrived close to Negril- it was dark and with a quick phone call I reached Mike Shea, owner. He led us to the cabins and we were greeted with refreshments and a look around. Simply appointed, Island Chic’ and very, very clean rooms and common space areas. Keisha, Jamaican Native- Mike’s partner and wife, started to show us the hospitality we would enjoy throughout our stay.

Each day, Keisha and Patsy- friend and helper, would take care of our needs- clean the place – do a light washing – prepare and serve the meals- and, well- treat us like they were our mothers. The food was a simple abundance of thick breads, fresh fruits and veggies, locally caught fish, conch, lobster- mixed with native cuisine- so well prepared and served- you would think you were in a 4 star resort. Mike arranged for tours and to take care of any personal needs anyone may have had. Mike’s got a handle on the great beauty and special spots to see and to enjoy- given his 20 year history on this island.

The extremely private and quiet grounds included: large sandy beaches, private shady spots with trees and hammocks and lounges, volcanic rock outcroppings and ledges, and peaceful gardens. A coral reef was just a 2 minute swim or paddle with plenty of sandy beach and nooks and crannies by shore to explore as well, (Plenty of shells for you hunters too)

The resort is adjacent to a pristine beach where you would occasionally hear music coming a small local bar and restaurant. the sound across the bay was great. The tours were awesome! Those I’ll leave for you to find for yourself – these are not typical tours- (Ask Mike, he’s likely to share some of these secrets spots.)

420 Tea was great when we all sat around and shared the day’s adventures. We did not lack for one single thing! One of my best vacations ever!

Experience this place if you get a chance!

Room Tip: All beachside rooms...all great. Ask the ladies nicely and they will make you native conch and ache...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
21 Thank christorobin
Ballston Spa, New York
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Met some friends on a whim to see this cool spot during Thanksgiving Break. This place is amazing. Safe and off the beaten track. We snorkled and paddled all day. Ate an amazing BBQ and Locally Caught Lobster with traditional island food for Thanksgiving, - washed down with the always handy and cold Red Stripe

Toured and swam in local 'secret spot' reputed to be one of Marly's meditation caves. Cliff jumping into natural pools and into the sea. Toured a traditional 'Rasta" camp and organic farm in the mountains. Amazingly affordable and the best of care.

Planning a return soon. Mike, Keisha, Patsy and the family were amazing hosts. Can't wait to see the new Spa and Lounge areas this spring.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
#1 of 3 in Little Bay
The Caves
The Caves
#5 of 85 in Negril

Been to Little Bay Cabins? Share your experiences!