“Very Nice”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
O Purple
Jacuzzi in the Pink Studio
Pink studio
Champagne at the Pink studio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

MMTRAV69
Northern Kentucky, Kentucky
“Very Nice”
Reviewed November 24, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Very nice stay. Close to beaches and restaurants. Owners were very nice and helpful with suggestions for dining, etc.

Davide P
“Peaceful and amazing place”
Reviewed November 9, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

The place is very private and very well kept although the host where not there at that time, the experience was still enjoyable. We will return

Traveling group: Friends
Caribtvr1
“Our Oasis in Paradise”
Reviewed July 25, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

Wife and I spent a week in July at the Jardin D'o. We stayed in the cottage which was really nice but we have seen some of the other units and they all seem nice. The owners were away while we were there but the property was managed by Julia who was very nice. We had 2 small issues during our stay but Julia handled them quickly and to our satisfaction. Prior to traveling I contacted the owner and they were very responsive answering any questions we had regarding the Villa or the Island. The accommodations were perfect for a caribbean vacation and had everything we needed. The place is well maintained and looks like the photos on their website. Our favorite part was the fantastic pool which we looked forward to returning to each day after being out at the beach or excursion all day. The Villa is in a great location between Grand Case and Orient Bay. It is also very close to Pinel Island. This was our first time staying in St Martin and in a place like this. This is a special place and made our vacation relaxing and memorable. We will definitely be back!

Liked best: The pool
cgmgmg
“Quiet and peaceful”
Reviewed June 23, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

My wife and I stayed for five days in the red passion villa. Clean, comfortable and very private are the words to describe our room. The pool was the same and our no tan lines prove we spent a lot of time taking it in. Lydia and Lionel were very gracious hosts and they take a lot of pride in their place. We will certainly go back when we plan our next trip to Saint Martin.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: No big crowds really very laid back
Liked least: Dogs barking in the morning
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
ANDREW L
Barcelona, Spain
“NICE PLACE, BUT BE CAREFUL”
Reviewed June 7, 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

I spent five weeks (Feb 15-March 20) at this naturist boutique hotel in the Mount Vernon section of St. Martin – only to have the otherwise pleasant experience marred by a post-checkout dispute over the front rail of a sofa bed.

The resort itself has five apartment-type accommodations with a common pool and sunbathing area. No meals are served. My suite, the Indigo, had an open, flowing design consisting of a bathroom with shower, bedroom, kitchen with a stovetop, refrigerator and microwave, living room and private outdoor terrace. Glasses, dinnerware and cutlery are provided, and the sheets and towels are changed weekly; if you stay for more than a week, I recommend getting the housekeeping service. There was air conditioning only in the bedroom; the Indigo could use at least an overhead fan in the living room as well. If you’re allergic to cats, as I am, the owners keep a pesky cat on the premises.

While I was there, a friend came to join me for four nights and slept in the sofa bed located in the living room. On the day she left, the front rail of the sofa bed fell off while we were putting back the bed. It was clear the front rail had become detached because a hinge and three screws holding the front rail in place were on the floor. The French owners of Jardin d’O had left for a skiing holiday in France the previous day, so I emailed the couple they had left in charge of the hotel and explained what had happened. The caretaker couple came, removed the front rail and took it and the fallen-off hinge and screws with them.

When the owners returned from France two weeks later, they owed me a refund for beach chairs and umbrellas I rented while at the Club Orient naturist resort. Their bill for that refund included charges for housekeeping, laundry I had done on the premises and 50 euros for “couch repair.” Since neither my guest nor I had damaged the front rail of the sofa, I questioned the charge – only to be told that I was dishonest for not reporting it on the first night the sofa bed was opened. The problem was the front rail did not fall off on the first night, or the second or the third, only the morning my friend was leaving, when I immediately reported the issue to the caretakers.

The owners eventually relented, but the experience left a very bad taste in my mouth and I would caution all other naturists thinking about Jardin d’O to be aware and check everything in your apartment with a fine toothcomb when you arrive and before you leave.

The young French couple who own the property are not longtime hoteliers (he had an electrical business in France before they migrated) and their inexperience shows. When I booked my month-long reservation a year in advance, I was planning to go with a friend who later had to back out because of business commitments. There was no mention of a couples-only policy on the Jardin d’O website when I booked or in any of the subsequent emails I exchanged with the owners. Then, a month before I was to arrive and already had paid 4455.36 euros for four weeks, the owner emailed me to question whether I was coming alone.

I responded that I was and why, and assured her that I was a longtime naturist, that she had absolutely no cause for concern, and that if she wished she could reach out to the administration of the naturist and five-star Hidden Beach Resort in Mexico, where I’m a member and spent the month of January, for a reference. I never heard back from her about the supposed couples-only policy or with an offer to refund my money. Then, when the dispute over the sofa front rail arose, she accused me of not having been “frank with us in coming alone, you knew it was only for couples.”

I don’t know about you, but I sure do not like to be accused of dishonesty after paying 5,410 euros to stay in your establishment for five weeks.

There are naturist alternatives to Jardin d’O on St. Martin. The property is 10 minutes by car from the very popular, beachfront and considerably more crowded Club Orient and from Club Fantastico, another naturist boutique hotel. You can also stay in one of the non-naturist hotels in Orient Bay (Baie Orientale) and walk to the beach at Club Orient.

Traveling group: Solo
Management Response
Jul 3, 2016
Here is the very loquacious review from a single man who has booked in a place for couples only, without saying he was alone! A man we had to accept because he had booked for a long time in the high season, so impossible to cancel one week before his arrival! But we made sure that everything was good for him, like every guest, even putting a fence to stop our young cat to go by his terrace! Amazing!
Actually we have this negative review (even our lovely cat had her critique!) –and the only one- because of a piece of sofa, broken (that can happen, it isn’t a tragedy!), because of 50€ that we cancelled to avoid a lot of noise for a little thing!
Don’t worry, dear guests, about the check out! We are not so terrible, so terrifying!
Here it’s not a hotel, but we welcome our guests friendly and we make sure they enjoy their stay and this is what they tell us.
Thank you, dear guests, for all your nice reviews!
Charlotte...
Severn, Maryland
“Beautiful property - Perfect location”
Reviewed May 9, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Our 12 day stay at Jardn-d'o was awesome. The owners of the property were great. The pool is spectacular. We had a great time meeting the other guests at the property. The location is the best. Minutes to Orient beach, Grand Casa with all the great restaurants. 10 minutes to Oyster pond or Marigot.

Liked least: Only 1 English speaking TV channel - no big deal
MillereHT...
“Great First Experience”
Reviewed May 9, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

My wife and I visited the property in early May. Being this was our first time staying at clothing optional resort we were both nervous (my wife especially.) However, Lydia and Lionel were extremely accommodating and comforting. They assisted us with setting up a massage on property (which my wife claims was the best she had ever had) and renting a car. Not mention we failed to request either of these services until the day of our arrival, so we really appreciated there ability to help us quickly and with little notice.

Back to the property. We thought it offered the perfect amount of seclusion and community. We enjoyed the privacy and modern touches of our villa (the red passion), however also enjoyed meeting the other guests by the beautiful pool. A great set up for first timers or vets to a clothing optional resort.

I would also suggest renting a car. Although the property is (very) close to some of the best restaurants and beaches, the island roads are not very pedestrian friendly and having the car for the short 2-5 minute drive makes getting here and there easy.

Overall we loved our visit and look forward to our next trip back .

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The modern touches and pool
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing