other travelers have booked this property

Review of ZEN

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

owenjerri...
New York City, New York
“Good but needs to be better”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

If you are one who's particular, precise and fated hearted, this condo may not be the place for you. Payment was made through Tripadvisor after which, I've waited for information to be sent from the owner, Patrick L., address, phone # etc. it never came even upon the day of my departure to St. Martin. On my arrival, after stopping and asking several helpful individual along the way by showing the name of the rental on the paid receipt, I'd finally arrived at the site; as I entered a bar that has the only opening for inquires. Obviously, I'd asked for Patrick L., which became extremely frustrating for no one speaks English and no one seems to know where Patrick was. I'd showed the bartender, who'd speak a bit of English, the payment receipt and she saw the name Patrick and told me he was out of the country. I'd asked, then, who takes care of my reservation of which she said she doesn't know. I'm standing there for awhile looking lost and bewildered after which she decided to make a call and suggested for me to go to an apartment where there's someone who maybe able to help. There I meet Fedrick who doesn't speak my language and neither do I his. All forms that Fedrick had brought to be filled were in French; so was all channels on the TV [cable]. my understanding of me not receiving the information to get there, through gesture, was tripadvisor's responsibility. Personally, I think it's both their's . Now for the grand event, on Thursday night at 8 pm the water in the apartment had stopped, One could not have taken a shower, wash dishes etc. yet this didn't seem to be a common occurrence. I could not have gotten a hold of Fedrick for he lives on the Dutch side and I'm staying on the French of the island. The phone # that was given with the area code did not work. With some major effort around 10. am the following morning I had made contact with him. Yet, for him to understand what's my problem, I told him " no agua" which seems to work. When he came, he was extremely apologetic and he brought his son who spoke English pretty well which was a relief. Then, I voice my concerns. Now, one may wonder why I've given this rental a 3 point average after all that occurs. There are some positives about this site. The surroundings may make you feel uneasy as you approach the compound, for it seems as though there are people who're living permanently in other parts of this compound for there were clothes hang on line etc.; yet, the security makes one feel very secured. most verandahs have gates, that when activated, they were covered entirely. One could be asleep not knowing it's 11.30 am, easily. All gates to and from the compound are locked and have to be swiped with a key to enter and exit. The apartment was cleaned well kept and stock and the price has made up for some irregularities that took places. Unfortunately this rental seems to be a work in progress, and if it is, well, it will get to par, hopefully, soon.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing