“Rhino boat riding”

St Maarten Cruise Excursions - Private Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Serving the Cruising community since 2005, St Maarten Cruise Excursions provides exclusive beach breaks, action tours, Island tours and private tours. All excursions are in small groups, offering privacy and comfort for all arriving Cruise Ship Passengers arriving into the port of St Maarten.St Maarten Cruise Excursions, an Island Marketing (Cayman) Group.
scarborough, north yorks england
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Rhino boat riding”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

A fantastic trip, self drive jet boats, well organised and FUN. Organised by the cruise ship and well worth the money

Visited November 2013

Grand Junction, Colorado
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“They took our $$ and didn't pick us up for St. Maarten Tiki Hut Excursion”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

DO NOT BOOK WITH THESE PEOPLE! Based on other trip advisor reviews we booked the 6 hour St.Maarten Tiki Hut Excursion. It sounded like a lot of fun and we could get a city tour and go to the beach. We were on a cruise ship and the tour was better than anything offered off the ship.
We made our reservation a couple months in advance. I called the day before we left to confirm the reservation. I was also concerned that we were cutting our time a little close to sailing. I was assured they knew what they were doing and that several other people from our ship were on the same tour.
When we arrived in St. Maarten we were the 6th of 6 ships in port that morning! We got off the ship and were at the meeting place 5 minutes prior to the time we were given. No one was there. I talked to the security guard (who must keep track of tours guides or something) and he told us to wait-it would be about 5 minutes. We waited 10 and I talked to him again-I had him call. He called the company and they acted like they knew nothing about us-I gave them our confirmation number. They said they would call back. I waited 10 minutes and called again. They did not answere! The guard called the "boss" who did not answer the phone!
I went to the information desk, they called and got no answer. This guy was really helpful-he went around to other guides and no one had seen ours. After 1/2 hour we gave up-we knew we had been taken and at this point we did not have enough time to take the tour anyway. I think they picked up people off the other ships and left without us. There were two ships from our cruise line in port so I think they got confused and did not have a complete list or thought we did not show up. That may be possible but it is still not acceptable to treat us they way they have.
As soon as we got off the ship I emailed my problem to reservations@stmaartencruiseexcursions.com. I have gotten the run around from them as well. 1st off we were told that the person in charge was unavailable during the weekend. Monday I was told they took our problem seriously. Well, it is now one week since they stranded us and 4 days since I contacted them. I wanted our deposit back-apparently they feel the negative comments are worth not giving back $$.
I guess the customer is always right does not apply to this company. The only reason our day in St Maarten was not ruined was the cruise port has a huge taxi/tour stand. You can take a cab to the beach-take a city tour, whatever you want and it is considerable cheaper than any tour! It seemed like we went everywhere the ship tours went as we saw them everywhere.
So skip these people entirely and go directly to the taxi stand!

Visited November 2013
7 Thank Debbie H
Arlington, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Coconut Reef Power Boat and Snorkelling Tours”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I had a great time, Captain Alex was interesting, saw many sea turtles and great beaches. Small boat, great sandwich for lunch, all in all a great time.

Visited October 2013
Phillipsburg
“ADVENTURE DEEP SEA FISHING”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

ADVENTURE DEEP SEA FISHING
With Captain Lance

I recently had the BEST time spending part of the day with Captain Lance off the coast of St. Martin. My husband and I decided to forgo spending a day lazying around the beaches and instead opted for a day spent deep sea fishing with Captain Lance. WHAT A FANTASTIC TIME!!!!! We met Captain Lance early Saturday morning and stepped on board his beautiful boat. We were happily greeted by his awesome first mate Bebe. Bebe is the best first mate EVER and spent the entire day making sure all our needs were met. She is a fantastic fisherman and really knows her stuff! We were soon on our way and let me tell you—the scenery can not be beat! In addition to the excitement of deep sea fishing, you get the beauty of the surrounding islands and coastlines. St. Martin is even prettier when viewing it from the water! The surrounding islands make for postcard perfect pictures. Here is a picture of us leaving St. Martin, ready for our day of adventure:

Southern Cruise

We headed out to the Puerto Rican Trench which is home to the deepest point in the Atlantic Ocean and filled with BIG GAME FISH! Some people refer to the Trench as Blue Marlin Alley. It is a short 20 minute boat ride out to the trench so you are fishing in no time. Bebe does a great job baiting all the hooks and checking the lines. She is constantly on watch and she and Captain Lance remain constantly vigilant in their search for the big fish. During our day we had a lot of strikes and had a big marlin’s attention for the better part of an hour. It was really exciting. We had cold drinks provided by Captain Lance to help keep us hydrated during our expedition. We were already immensely enjoying our day when the long awaited sound “zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzipppppp” filled the air as a big fish took the bait for good this time. It was beyond exhilarating to see our big catch way out on the ocean running with the line. It was a big one and the enthusiasm took over the entire boat. Everyone was cheering. I spent the next 30 minutes reeling in my PRIZE fish. Bebe was a great assistant and Captain Lance was right there to make sure my fish made it safely aboard. They were so patient and really were helpful in landing my BIG prize of the day. I have to say—there are lots of ways to spend a vacation day—but I guarantee no beach day could ever compare to the sheer excitement you will feel when you start reeling in your gigantic catch. Your heart starts racing and you just can’t wait to get that big fish on board. No picture of a beach day can ever compare to the picture you will bring home of you and your big trophy fish! They are the kind of pictures that make people look twice. They are the kind of pictures that make people say “WHOA!!!!” They are the kind of pictures that should be blown up and framed and displayed for all to see. It is a picture of a lifetime. How many days in your life can you bring home a photo that amazing!!?! At the end of the day not only did you get the fantastic views of the islands—but memories that will last a lifetime.

So spend the day with Captain Lance!!! Tell him I said hi!!!! You will have the time of your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Don’t forget your camera……….Your picture of a lifetime is only a boat ride away!

Visited October 2013
Benezette, PA
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Awesome excursion, but highly misrepresented”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

12 of us from one group decided to go on this excursion because it sounded fun. It was a great adventure and an awesome way to see the Island. The sights were awesome, the beach was nice with shopping available, and the tour guides were fine. The issue we had was that these were represented as "ATV's less than 2 years old and well maintained". That was not the case by any means. The ATV's were about ten years old and trashed. It took a long time for the tour to start, because many of the ATV's wouldn't even stay running or needed repaired. Then at various points during the day, the ATV's needed more repairs. My helmet should have connected at four points, but only connected at 3 points, so it was constantly flipping off my head, requiring me to hold it with one hand while driving, which is not safe at 40 kph. My suggestion would be to book this same tour with another company.

Visited March 2013