“Jimmy's a Great Tour Guide”

Twin Island Excursions
Book In Advance
More Info
$35.19*
and up
St Maarten Shore Excursion: Maho Beach and Lucas...
Ranked #30 of 124 Tours in Sint Maarten
More attraction details
Owner description: We cater to all your island tour and transfer needs be it by mini van, bus, coach, SUV or private sedan. All services can be customized to suit your requirements.
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We booked our St. Maarten/St. Martin tour through Royal Caribbean and were not disappointed. We were met at our ship and led to a brand new air conditioned tour bus just a couple of hundred yards from the dock. The driver, Jimmy, was very informative and fun to listen to as we toured the entire island, both the Dutch and the French sides. I would have liked to get a little closer to Orient Beach, but the rest of the tour was well worth the money we paid for it.

3  Thank Curly H
in 12 reviews
"beach stops"
"soda and beer"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"happy juice"

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We hired a private tour with Twin Island Excursions. They exceeded our expectations. Lucius was our driver. He not only took us to Iguana Farm, sea urchins, Orient beach, Mahoo beach, he gave us a very informative tour of the island. We learned the history of both sides, We drove through some great areas that I had never been to before. He was very knownedable.The company treated us great, (we were on ship time, they were on island time)I would definetly use their services again. BEst 4.5 hours I have ever spent on this island. Having been there before we knew what we wanted to see.

1  Thank cruisinfun
Reviewed November 15, 2013

St Maarteen is a small island and not a whole lot to offer if you arrive there from a cruiseship. With that said, the trip started at 9am from the port and we're back to the port at 2.30pm, and the ship didn't leave the port until 6.30pm.

The guide we tour with was great, gave just enough information for us to have better understanding of the island; The van was clean and accommodating with plenty of drinks in the cooler.

We stopped at the "Iguana Farm", which is a tiny pond with few iguanas. The farm is under construction which I think they will start charging the tourists just a matter of time, and you should skip this place and save 30 minutes.

Orient Beach: we're given 1 hour. We're dropped off at the section where there's free shower (one stall). Kids like being on the beach at last, but way to short. The section where we spent that hour was narrow and rather steep going into the sea. The beach isn't impressive, probably because I've been to Grand Cayman's Seven Mile Beach.

Next stop was a vantage point (forgot the name, but a forgettable place) of open sea with a guy handing you a couple of sea urchins to hold. Again you can skip this stop and save you another 20 minutes.

At Marigot, which was about lunch hour, we're given 1 hour to explore and have lunch, which was again way too short.

Then we moved on to Maho Beach. We're lucky enough to see a 747 taking off, but that area is way overcrowded and not safe for the kids anyway, so we only spent time to finish our lunch that we bought at Marigot. At 2pm sharp, we got back into the van and sent back to the port.

So overall there's nothing wrong with the van nor the guide, but as an afterthought I should have told the guide when the ship would leave so we got to spend more time at Orient Beach and Marigot, or even walk around in Dutch side's downtown. For those who are reading this review and arrive on cruiseship, consider this your "cab" and budget 1.5 hrs per stop for your time there.

3  Thank trippingGriff
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I was really first impressed with the bus. Very, very clean and modern. I've been on many tours and not always the best or cleanest modes of transportation. I've been to St. Maarten several times before and thought there was nothing new I could learn about the Island but my tour guide Jose had so much knowledge of the island that I didn't know previously that I'm so glad I didn't skip the island tour like I had planned to do. We were able to see the country side, the city side and the beach all in one tour. It made for a truly enjoyable day with a friendly tour guide. Jose made us feel at home, away from home! Would recommend this tour company to everyone...

1  Thank SLW69
See more reviews
Reviewed November 10, 2013

When we arrived we met Jose Jean and hired him to tour the island, shop, go to the beaches and eat local fare. Jose exceeded our expectations! He was an amazing tour guide, photographer, historian about the island, and we felt so safe with him. He made sure he took us by all the areas of history, to the beaches we wanted to see, shopping in the nicest boutiques, eating amazing local fare and providing us a safe & fun environment!! I will always seek Jose Jean out when returning to St. Maarten and tell all my friends to do the same. He made it a truly unforgettable experience!!

1  Thank therapygirl1961