“Absolutely Perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
St Maarten Shore Excursion: Maho Beach and Lucas Bay Sightseeing
Ranked #30 of 121 Tours in Sint Maarten
More attraction details
Owner description: We cater to all your island tour and transfer needs be it by mini van, bus, coach, SUV or private sedan. All services can be customized to suit your requirements.
Perrysburg, Ohio, United States
“Absolutely Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My parents, my husband and I were on Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas and we didn't even have a full day in St. Maarten so we decided to take the island tour. This was the best tour ever. Our guide (Jim) was so knowledgeable. He even pointed out various fruits and plants along the way. We had lots of time to shop and he stopped the van numerous times so that we could take photos. Because of this tour, we have decided to go back and stay for a week! I would definitely recommend Twin Island Excursions in St. Maarten/St. Martin.

Fort Worth, TX
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Nice overview of the island; memorable beaches!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had only 1 day in Saint Maartin/St Martin (via cruise ship). We pre-booked the Sightseeing, Sand & Plane Spotting tour and enjoyed an overview of both the Dutch and French sides and stopped at 2 beaches. Maho Beach included watching airplanes literally land and take off at the airport right in front of the beach. The planes coming in to land went directly overhead! We later relaxed at Orient Beach (even joined in on the clothing optional side for a while! Partially explains the lack of photos-not allowed!) Lunch in Marigot (for us) consisted of a creole seafood combo platter at Rosemary's. Our tour was guided by a lively, friendly man named Jose. Jose was thoughtful enough to adjust our tour so that we spent more time in certain areas by request.

Visited April 2013
Nashville
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Perfect Day in St. Maarten”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Vincent was our tour guide for the day in St. Marteen with Twin Island Tours for the Sightseeing, Sand and Plane Spotting tour. We went to all the local picture spots and took some amazing photos of the beautiful island. We met a local man who let us hold sea urchins which was very cool! We visited Orient beach, one of the most beautiful beaches we have ever seen - just be careful which end of the beach you go to depending on how much skin from the clothing optional beach you want to see!! We ended our day at Maho Beach and watched the planes land right over our heads! A must see on the island!!

New York, New York, United States
“Fantastic Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I took the tour of the Island and it was the highlight of my trip. Our tour guide was "Lloyd" and he's the man to ask for. He was so knowledgable about the history of the island, as well as everthing else. We told him the type of beach we were looking for (calm water, peaceful), and he took us to the perfect location. I wish I could remember the name of it, but it was on the french side, he dropped us off & picked us up 1 1/2 hours later. We stopped where some locals were gathering sea urchins out of the ocean, they literally cracked them open on the rocks & had sushi. My husband tasted it, said it was good, but I passed. He took us for lunch at one of the local restaurants (Lo lo's) & the food was delicious. I couldn't ask for more on a tour or from a guide. We spent the entire day with him. he picked us up at 11am & didn't drop us off until almost 5pm. This was one of the best days spent while in Sint Maarten.

Pensacola
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“It Was Okay but Not What I Signed Up For”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

St. Maarten was one of our port stops for a week long cruise. This was my first time in St. Maarten, so I wanted to do a tour of the entire island, stopping at many of the popular attractions, including Orient Beach, Maho Beach and Marigot. The transportation was great. We were a large group, so we were on an air conditioned bus. Twin Island also provided drinks, including beer and rum "punch". Once our tour started we made an unscheduled stop at an iguana farm. Our guide said, "For the children". We then made our way to Orient Beach. I have to say this beach was interesting and beautiful. However, and I know that Twin Islands cannot control the vendors, but you could not relax. The vendors were constantly coming up to you asking if you were interested in buying this or that. One of things I was most looking forward to in the day, besides Maho Beach, was our shopping stop in Marigot. I had heard some wonderful things about it and was excited to see it for myself. Well, our guide decided we were going to skip it and make our way on to Maho and have more time there. I wasn't going to argue, because most on the bus agreed. So, my experience with Marigot was driving through it. I would have much rather visited there than the unscheduled iguana stop. Maho was an experience, and I would definitely visit there again. Was the day a horrible experience, no, but would I use Twin Islands again, no.

Visited May 2013