“Excellent Boardwalk/Airport custom trip!”

Twin Island Excursions
Book In Advance
More Info
$35.19*
and up
St Maarten Shore Excursion: Maho Beach and Lucas Bay Sightseeing
Ranked #32 of 124 Tours in Sint Maarten
More attraction details
Owner description: We cater to all your island tour and transfer needs be it by mini van, bus, coach, SUV or private sedan. All services can be customized to suit your requirements.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Excellent Boardwalk/Airport custom trip!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I booked with Twin Island Excursions as transportation not as an actual tour. We had a cruise on the RCCL “Allure of the Seas” arriving in St. Maarten on January 24, 2013. We arranged for transportation from the ship to the Boardwalk/Beach area. This is a 5 minute ride. We stayed their two hours then went to the Princess Juliana Airport at the Sunset Beach Bar. This is a special airport where the planes fly over a small stretch of beach, a small two lane road and then the airport fence and runway. The planes fly right over you when they land. When they take off and you can get next to the fence or on the beach and feel the jet blast. See you tube for more about the airport.

We shopped and had fun for two hours at the Boardwalk area. Oliver then picked us up at the same meeting place and then we went to the airport and arrived in about 30 minutes. Oliver was a great driver and explained about the Island while going to and from the airport. After spending three hours at the airport beach area, Oliver then took us back to the ship in about 30 minutes, all at a reasonable price. They did an excellent job with the van transportation. They advised us when traffic may be bad on the Island and how much time to allow to get back to the ship on time. Whatever custom island adventure you have in mind, I am sure that they can make it happen. Email or call them, they were very helpful in advance of our trip. Twin Island did an exceptional job from start to finish. I can’t recommend these guys enough!

TIME
Keep in mind when booking with Twin Island that they go by local time. This is one hour ahead of ship or Eastern Standard Time (I think most ships stay on Eastern Time). So booking a 9:30am time for departure from the port means 8:30am ship time! Check with them to make sure about booking times.

1 Thank MikeSalaty

Magog, Quebec, Canada
“Excellent!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Very good excursion to discover St-Martin, ask for Oliver he is very kind and answered all of our questions! Thanks!

Bushkill
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wonderful Tour”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We absolutely LOVED our island tour with Lloyd Euwen of Twin Island Excursions! Lloyd took us on a tour of both sides of the island in a new air-conditioned van, tailoring it just for us. He was very knowledgeable about the history of the island, as well as the economy, politics, utilities, education, and culture. In addition to Lloyd's professionalism and wonderful personality, he provided us with cold drinks, and also took pictures of my family for us. He was very patient, and made us all feel very welcome and comfortable. We were treated like royalty at the restaurant and beach, and I highly recommend Lloyd and Twin Island Excursions, it was FABULOUS! I will definitely use them again next time. The price was more than reasonable, a great value.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Katrine13568
princeton,ken
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“St. Martin/St. Maarten with Twin Island Excursions”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Loved, loved my day on the island with Vincent (Twin Island employee). He was very knowledgeable about the island and we were able to see a great variety of activities. We shopped, visited two beaches and saw the planes land at the beach. I can not say enough good things about the trip. When (not if) I return to the island, I will book Twin Island Excursions again!!

2 Thank oscar293
el cajon, ca
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Fun and Exciting”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We took a chance and booked this tour online before leaving on our cruise so we really weren't sure what to expect. The driver met us at the dock and took us to where we met our guide, Junior. The four of us are seniors and I had never been on a Quad so I was pretty aprehensive. Junior showed me gas and brake, handed me a helmet, and off we went into the busy streets of St Maarten!! I was terrified! Somehow I thought we would be on a quiet path near the ocean. It took some time, but after a little I finally relaxed and started to enjoy the ride through the the town, up the hills and to the beach. He took us near a nude beach where we were able to purchase food and "enjoy" the sights. All in all, we had a great time, and our guide was excellent, but I would have never booked the tour if I had known I would be driving on the busy, narrow streets.

2 Thank irishis4me