“Horsebak riding”
Review of Lucky Stables

Lucky Stables
Ranked #49 of 124 Tours in Sint Maarten
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Relaxing and easy going tour, beautiful horses, very friendly staff. Nice surroundignand finish with a refreshing walk in the water on your horse.

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

We had a very nice ride with our guide Danny. The horses were gentle and well cared for, tho their tack has seen better days (probably from the daily dunk in the ocean). The scenery is beautiful and the horses seem to enjoy their dip in the ocean at the end. I was unable to get wet, but my horse stood calmly and waited for the others. They have a nice shaded picnic pavilion and a little restaurant. There are also a lot of birds and goats running about (and horses too).

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had a great time and experience with our 1 hour ride. The horses were in great condition and the guide was informative and very pleasant. Although the area is very rocky and steep in stops, the horses were very surefooted. I will definately do this again as the views were breathtaking!

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful time on the the sunset champagne ride. The host was very nice. The horseback riding was a bit more like slowly follow the leader but the views and general vine far outweigh any need to gallop. The champagne ride includes a bondfire and we made new friends. Good times!

1  Thank Jed3rd
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I also wanted to really love this place but was disappointed.

We bought the taxi ride with our tour. The driver arrived promptly and had a lot of information about the island. Unfortunately, we arrived on time but had to wait for other cruise guests that missed their taxi. Our tour was scheduled for 10 am. We were picked up at 9:30 steps away from the port and arrived at 10 but did not begin our tour until 11:00am. It was a bummer as when you are on a cruise and get off on a port your time is limited. This made it difficult for us to catch up with other members of our family who were not on this excursion. I really wish they would take this into consideration especially with cruise travelers.

The horses did appeared smaller. The stables and area is beautiful BUT although the add says to not be discouraged because the area is in an industrial area you are constantly reminded by the sight of the large power plant throughout your ride. There was also a large oil tanker off the beach that was a constant reminder that you are not really in paradise.

The trail itself is beautiful with incredible views. There are a few sketchy areas next to barbed wired fences but if your are careful they should be no concerns. The guide was really good and even took photos for us.

Horses swimming? No. Not really, you are walking through the water but they did not swim. The picture on the add shows what appears to be the horses going through the water but please not that you are basically doing loops in the water and not going from point A to point B as I would have liked. My horse pooped in the water and the stuff was basically floating around as we walked through it. I know this can't be helped but I just wanted to let you know its possible.

Unfortunately, I have to suggest you skip this excursion.

2  Thank SSophiaSS