“"Fun Time"”

Fort Mill, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“"Fun Time"”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was the second time I visited Lucky Stables. The first trip was with my husband and this trip I went alone. I decided I would prefer horse back riding to a snorkel trip and I'm glad I went. I went on the two hour ride. The guide was wonderful and took lots of pictures with my camera. My horse was sure footed and well behaved. The views are great and I think the trip was one of the best parts of my cruise.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Lynne B

Madison, WI
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Exceeded expectations!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My girlfriend, her 15 year old daughter and I (3 women) went riding with Lucky Stables on April 5, 2013 and had a fantastic experience! Our guide was Abby. We did the 2 hour ride at 4:00 which seemed a good choice so the heat and sun were not so intense. Upon our arrival and while waiting to saddle up, it began to rain heavily. Abby, our guide, was very relaxed about it and offered to wait a few minutes to see if the rain let up, whch it eventually did and we were off. The horses here seem very well cared for and are rested on certain days of the week and allowed to graze. The equipment was all in great shape including the safety helmets. Lucky seems to do a good job with matching the horse to the rider's experience and ability. Abby gave us a great tour over rolling terrain with beautiful vistas. At one point, she posed us in a beautiful spot overlooking the ocean and took pictures of us with my camera. At the end of the ride, Abby led us down to the beach and we proceeded into the water and let the horses swim! An amazing, fun experience! Another male employee there took my camera and took pictures of us all in the ocean with the horses. Abby and the other employee really tried to make this a special experience for us and to help us take some great photo memories home. Thank you, Abby! Loved it!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank CodMar
Delray Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Time at Lucky Stables”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

As a horse owner I was very concerned about finding a place to ride while on a shore excursion where the horses were well cared for and not overworked. The horses here were playing on the beach and looked happy and healthy. The guides did an excellent job of matching rider to horse. The guides made a big difference, I saw a group of real beginners going out with a less experienced guide and it looked less safe. We had a guide named Jay, who was not only friendly but a great rider and very mindful of the groups safety.

Visited March 2013
4 Thank misssusan34179
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Riding Experience!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My girlfriend and I did the romantic package which consisted of horseback riding with a stop to watch the sunset from a clifftop while roasting marshmallows and drinking champagne. The excursion was excellent and our guide Jay was very knowledgeable and humorous! As a treat we were able to take our horses through the water of the ocean. Would definitely recommend this if you're into horseback riding.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank DR0475
New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great horseback ride.”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

St Maarten was the first stop on our cruise this year. We rode with Lucky Stables on November 6, 2012. We had sunny skies, and it wasn't too hot. Our plan this year was to ride horses with Lucky Stables and then go to Maho beach to cross it off our bucket list. The kids really enjoyed the horseback ride.

We rented a big van, since we were a total group of 13 people. This included my family and old friends with their families. Finding Lucky Stables was pretty easy driving the big Ford Maxivan and I believe we were the first group there for the day. We had two other people with us, a mom and young daughter who lived on the French side of St. Marten who rode with us. We were split into two groups, one group of 7 and a group of 8. We got riding helmets, we were paired up with our horses, and had a great ride.

The horses were pretty well groomed and everyone was using a western-style saddle. The trail along the Seaside Nature Park is in view of the island's power and desalination plant, but there are beautiful views of the island throughout the ride despite the industrial area which ended up being behind us on the ride.

I noticed that Lucky Stables also had some sort of equestrian area and another local was getting horseback lessons in full English riding gear. Afterwards, we rested a bit around the snack bar area. Had a beer with our friends for $2 a beer, took pictures, and then drove to Maho beach.

There is a changing room at the stable behind the snack bar.

Visited November 2012