“wish we had checked tripadvisor first”
Review of Peg Leg Pub - CLOSED

Peg Leg Pub
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I tried this due to a suggestion for a good steakhouse. So disappointed! The steak had no flavor and was overcooked. Our baked potatoes were leftovers from yesterday. There was no service as one person covered the entire restaurant. It may have been really good at some point but not this evening

There are newer reviews for Peg Leg Pub

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Peg Leg Pub has two wonderful musicians to entertain you with songs from the 60's and 70's. Service, is another thing. Our orders were taken quickly enough, and delivered fairly quickly, but trying to get taken care of after that was difficult, as there was one waiter for the entire restaurant. We had requested separate checks, but when we received our bill, finally, it was all on one check. My dinner was raw inside and burned on the edges. The best orders were for steaks. The seafood orders were nothing to write home about. My suggestion would be to go there on Wed. and Fri. evenings and sit at the bar, have somne drinks and enjoy the music.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We have been going to peg leg pub for many a year and the open air atmosphere is really nice. We would definitely tell you to order the steak there because it is the best on the island and the food is delicious. Shaun the owner is a great guy and it is perpared as you order it.

Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

This place has gone down hill fast. Service, what service? Don't waste your time and money. Steaks are over priced for what they serve you.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

We picked a Friday night to visit Peg Leg Pub for dinner and we had a great time for 3hrs. The steak I had was cooked perfectly and my wife had fish which she enjoyed as well. The service was good overall and It is reasonably priced compared to other restaurants on the island. Since it's located in the Princess Casino, you need to drive to get there. I like the open air atmosphere which is good for ventilation because smoking is allowed. Why did we stay for 3hrs? Because the entertainment was so enjoyable especially for couples. They had a singer who is excellent and a backup pianist who is equally as good. They play all oldies songs and give recognition to newlyweds and anniversary couples. There was some dancing and just a fun atmosphere for that particular evening. We've been there other times and it was dead. I believe the location is the biggest negative. If it was located in Simpson Bay or Phillipsburg, it would be better attended every night. Still well worth visiting on any night but especially when there is entertainment which is Friday and Sunday.

1  Thank FoxMass