“awesome little spot”

Hilmas Windsor Castle
Ranked #99 of 349 Restaurants in Sint Maarten
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have seen this place on prior visits and were always skeptical. This time, we decided to try it and this will now be a place we visit on every trip. We had the stewed chicken and it was terrific. Hilma was busy the whole time, but got to all the patrons quickly and even though she was by herself, the meal came out really quick and was hot and fresh. Some of the big establishments might want to take a lesson from a true professional and see how customers are looked after and made to feel very comfortable, even when it's obvious that it is their first time.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Don't let the looks sway you from stopping. Some of the best food we had during our week stay was from Hilmas! Great flavor, great prices, & great portions. The salt fish sandwich was very yummy & I'm not even a big fish eater. The fish is very flavorful, not fishy at all. Served on a toasted roll with lettuce, tomato, and cucumber. My cousin had the beef stew and rice and he loved it. My sandwich, his huge serving of beef stew and rice, and a beer was $12. Can't find that in a restaurant!

3  Thank Ladybugdrives
Reviewed July 7, 2012

You must stop here!! Hilma is so sweet and her food is made with love. I had the sparerib and pea stew, a ham and cheese pattie and a johnny cake. All were delicious.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I don't travel to a another country to have "American" food and neither should you. Life is too short not to try something new. You might as well stay at home! For the ultimate St Maartin experience you must go to Hilma's Windsor Castle. My brother ordered the Oxtail Soup which was a very generous portion of comfort food goodness. I enjoyed a Salt Fish Sandwich which is served between two fresh Johnny cakes with lettuce and tomato. A little bit of hot sauce and you have a wonderful breakfast or lunch. Hilda beamed with appreciation when I ordered a Dutch Coffee; which is a Heinekin. "Where did you hear about Dutch Coffee." Hilda was "discovered by Anthony Bourdain when he was writing a column for the New York Times. Hilda makes the entire experience. She is flat out the nicest person on the island and we all shared a few laughs and she's a darn good cook to boot! My only regret is that I didn't find about this place eight years ago. Go beyond your comfort zoned and get to Hilda's

2  Thank BoilerDaveNH
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I saw Hilmas place on the No reservation show by Anthony Bourdain 2 1/2 years ago when I was planning my trip. I went 3 or 4 times in 7 days. The place is a cammper but the food and the price was awesome. I highly recommend this place to anyone before going to the beach. Salt fish johnny cakes are amazing and the patties were great. Im really late in my review as I did not know that there actually was reviews on Himas

1  Thank matteomontreal