“Warm, Welcoming, Wonderful!”
Review of Stowe Meadows

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elmore
Stowe Meadows
Ranked #1 of 1 Elmore B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Warm, Welcoming, Wonderful!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I spent a week at Stowe Meadows during the first week of October (1st-5th) and loved every second! This was a special trip for us because my husband is currently serving a one year tour in Afghanistan and we picked Stowe Meadows as our place to spend part of his 14 day R&R. We both love the fall so we were looking for a quiet place nestled in the woods with gorgeous views….Stowe Meadows did not disappoint! It was romantic, peaceful, scenic and welcoming! We stayed in the Master suite with gorgeous views of the mountain and a private covered balcony. Breakfast was always a great treat and my husband couldn't eat enough cinnamon rolls…yes…they were that good! What made Stowe Meadows especially wonderful for us was the owner, Caroline! She made us feel like we were her main priority and ensuring a wonderful stay was her main goal! She was helpful in every way from booking dinner reservations, to helping my husband arrange a special surprise for me (although the rain forced us to rearrange our plans), to making a picnic lunch for our trip to the airport, she was always there to make sure everything was just right. By the time we left, Caroline felt more like a friend than an innkeeper and I believe that is what sets Stowe Meadows above the rest! We hope to return to Stowe Meadows in the future! Thanks for a wonderful and memorable trip and thanks for your support of our troops!

-Janel M.

On a side note my husband and I did a balloon trip with Above Reality Balloons and loved it! The owner was very professional and had an extra little surprise for everyone when we landed. We also got massages at Stowe Village Massage and it was the best massages my husband and I ever had! It's kind of a "no frills" massage place (meaning you don't have the spa, robes and locker rooms) but it is also half the price of the resort spas in the area! If you are looking for a great massage and don't care about the "spa experience" then this is the place for you! Enjoy!

Room Tip: The Master suite is extra special with the covered private balcony but all of the rooms have a great...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Needham, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Having been to Stowe quite a few times over the years, we were looking for a new lodging option and opted for a B&B. Our plan was to spend the few days in Vermont actively enjoying being outdoors - hiking mostly. As this was our priority, being right in town was not critical to us once we learned of Stowe Meadows which is just a short drive outside of town (10+ minutes). Once we arrived at Stowe Meadows, and experienced a beautiful home, wonderful accomodations, relaxing environment, declicious 5 star breakfasts and wonderful hosts, we were thrilled we made the decision to stay at Stowe Meadows. We look forward to returning with friends in the future.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong! Enjoy the view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Monson, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We recently chose Stowe Meadows based largely on previous reviews. Having never been to the area we were very pleasantly surprised. We actually appreciated the fact that the lodge was off the beaten path of downtown. Loved being able to turn off the main road, put the windows down and smell the woods. The color was spectacular this time of year and the views from the lodge breathtaking. Accommodations were first rate, clean, quiet, beautifully furnished. Though there were other guests, we felt as though we had the house to ourselves. Our host Caroline was amazing! - she knew just what to recommend for our limited time, even making dinner reservations for us at Michael's On The Hill in town. We capped off our stay with an amazing gourmet breakfast the following morning prepared by Caroline and some good conversation at the table with another couple. We are definitely foodies and I'm hoping to prepare a meal alongside Caroiline in that beautiful kitchen next time around. Unfortunately we weren't able to meet Caroline's husband Erich but, possibly in the future as we will definitely return!. Highly recommended

Room Tip: We happened to have a room with a King sized bed (though we forgot to ask about this when making the...
Guilford, Connecticut
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We spent 4 nights at Stowe Meadows last weekend. We are not B&B people but based on the reviews and Stowe Meadows internet site, we decided to give it a try. We were thrilled with our choice! Stowe Meadows is everything they claim to be and more! The setting is truly spectacular, the home beautiful, our bedroom very private (Alpine Suite) and extremely comfortable and the breakfasts....well what can I say about the breakfasts....Caroline and Erich outdid themselves, we couldn't wait to see what they would serve each morning.

Montreal
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We just spent three nights at Stowe Meadows, choosing to stay there after having read the delighted reviews... and what more can we say: It's all true! The lodge itself is incredible, with beautiful views of the mountains and a relaxed, cozy, and unique atmosphere... The surroundings are soothingly peaceful... as has been said over and over again, the hosts, Caroline and Erich (as well as their adorable three year-old, Helena) are the best part of it all... They are genuinely welcoming, extremely helpful, not to mention interesting and fun... Attention is paid to every possible detail... Breakfasts are delicious, plentiful (and healthy !), and if you're not a very big eater, you won't be needing lunch... We stayed in the very comfortable "Alpine Suite" with a perfect king size bed, a huge bathroom, and all the amenities one might need... The weather was gorgeous during our stay, so we went bicycling and hiking, but I can well imagine spending a great time simply staying at the Lodge and enjoying it... There are good restaurants, nice shops, and lots to do and see (Caroline and Erich can guide you...). All in all, a real gem !

Room Tip: The Alpine suite is large, the view is beautiful, the bed very comfortable, and the two-sink bathroo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We chose Stowe Meadows based on a number of reviews on the internet - and lo, we were not disappointed. This is a non-commercial property owned by a family free of the intensity that the center of the town (Stowe) displays. We were here for a day (2N) and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Great breakfast; splendid views; and plenty of guidance on touring this nice town. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oto_traveller
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I chose Stowe Meadows as a romantic getaway for someone special in my life. My objective was to create an enchanted atmosphere that would express to this special someone how much she meant to me.
I had an image in my head of the type of setting and location that I wanted to sweep her away to. I was not very confident that I would find such a place. My search was extensive and exhaustive. No stones were left unturned in my quest, and then serendipitously, on one evening I came across the name, Stowe Meadows.
I did my homework on it, and the more I learned about what it offered, the more convinced I became. I still had some niggling reservations about it so I called Caroline, one of the owners of the establishment. She was as warm, cordial and understanding as anyone could ever be. She listened attentively to my elaborate plans and what I was trying to accomplish over this important weekend. Within ten minutes of our conversation I had already decided this was something very unique and different, and was convinced to reserve our weekend vacation there.
I have to say Stowe Meadows will always hold special memories in my heart. Caroline helped me organize my trip and plan every little surprise over the course of those two days. Erich, Caroline's husband and co-owner of Stowe Meadows, was equally welcoming and hospitable. The two of them make an incredible team and manage the Meadows with admirable efficiency and passion. I especially miss our morning conversations with them as they prepared one of the best breakfasts I have ever had. Everything from the fresh coffee, to the freshly baked cinnamon rolls, and my personal favorite, the German pancakes enhanced the experience!
The room we stayed in, the master suite, was wonderful. The bathroom with everything in it that you could ask for was great as well. The steam shower spoiled me for sure!
All in all, I would only ever go back to Stowe if it meant I could stay at Stowe Meadows and enjoy the wonderful company of my two new friends who took great care of us, Caroline and Erich.
Thank you very much!

Room Tip: The master suite was what I chose and was not disappointed!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bilal C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmore
Stowe Mountain Lodge
#1 of 24 in Stowe
Brass Lantern Inn
Brass Lantern Inn
#2 of 22 in Stowe

Been to Stowe Meadows? Share your experiences!