“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Landbeach B&B and Inns
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We arrived very late to the Brambles B&B (past 23:00). Nonetheless, Bob was extremely kind. He helped us get organized, took our breakfast reservations and assured us that everything we need is at hand. The next morning he brought us breakfast to the room (really good), made sure we know where we're going and even drew us a map of the nearest Tesco.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Keren L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I would definitely stay here again. My room at The Brambles was nicely decorated & well furnished; it was also warm, comfortable & cosy. There was a large bathroom, with a very efficient shower & there were lots of extras, such as iron & ironing board.
The cooked breakfast was very tasty & there were so many delicious choices on the buffet that I just had a selection from there the second morning.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gillian D
Essex
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I booked this b&b online - a double room for single occupancy. On arrival I found the keys to the property and my room in an envelope with my name on, left on the front porch. When I went to my room I found it was a twin and not the double I had booked. However, as it was only for one night and I was tired, I didn't have the will to complain. The single bed was very comfortable, although the bedside table was dusty. A tea tray with the usual selection had been left, with a mug and plastic cups (not wrapped) for water, but this wasn't provided. The bathroom was huge with a great walk-in shower, however it was also being used as a storeroom and had a large, scruffy cupboard which contained linen and towels, other bedding had been thrown on top of it. There was also a Z bed in the bathroom. The bathroom was however very clean with complimentary shampoo etc. Breakfast had to be ordered the night before on a form (no pen provided) and time stated that you wanted it. At breakfast the next morning the food was very disappointing. Most of it was overcooked, even the fried egg which was very greasy, had a hard yolk and wasn't freshly cooked. The toast had barely seen the toaster and was cold. Breakfast was served by a man who I assumed was the owner, but he didn't introduce himself or ask if everything was ok. When I got home I looked at the website again and realise now that I should have been offered a single occupancy rate - the £45 I paid was too much for this b&b which isn't the standard it pretends to be. I can't belive this b&b has been rated 4* as it falls short in so many ways and I wouldn't recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Room 3 is the twin room but be aware of storeroom in the bathroom!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Susan24
bobbyboy57, Owner at The Brambles B&B, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
we at the brambles pride ourselfs on going that extra mile as we have been doing for the past 9 years the comments made ,definately not 4* the custumer will be offerd a full refund as we at the brambles want every one to be happy .
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I stayed at the Brambles because I had an interview in Cambridge the next day. Bob was incredibly nice and went out of his way to be helpful. The room was very nice with all the mod cons including free wi-fi. Food the next day was lovely. The whole experience was extremely pleasant and relaxing and I highly recommend The Brambles for anyone looking for a B and B in the Cambridge area.

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Cracow
Reviewed February 24, 2011

High spec B & B offering all you would expect and more. White robes and slippers. Excellent breakfast, fresh fruit, high quality preserves in addition to the delicious "full english".

As previously stated the quiet location is perfect with a designated walk of 3 miles leading to access to RSPB sanctuary. Yet, just 5 mins drive to the Park & Ride which is the only way to see Cambridge.

Bob, has lived in Cambridge and surrounds all his life and is delighted to pass on tips and recommendations for making the most of your stay in Cambridge.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Norfolk_Lady10
Lancaster
Reviewed February 22, 2011

We have stayed here a couple of times now and it has never let us down. It is clean, modern and has every mod-con you could wish for, including free Wi-Fi. Bob (the owner) is superb and even lent us his bikes so that we could use some of the local cycleways.

The Brambles is 5 mins drive from a park and ride - so we used this to get into Cambridge - great news as it meant we could avoid actually staying in the city (always preferred staying in the countryside) but could get in and out really easily - it also avoids us spending our holiday in traffic :) !

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank magic__torch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Landbeach
Holiday Inn Cambridge
Travelodge Cambridge Orchard Park
Rectory Farm
Rectory Farm
#2 of 3 in Coton

Been to The Brambles B&B? Share your experiences!