“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Finca Las Lechuzas

Finca Las Lechuzas
Ranked #9 of 12 things to do in Agrelo
More attraction details
Owner description: Finca Las Lechuzas is the premier horseback facility in the Agrelo wine-region of Mendoza, catering for all levels from complete novice to expert. Set against the stunning backdrop of the Andes Mountains, we are surrounded by some of the most gorgeous scenery and many of the best wineries in Argentina.We are dedicated to providing the best horseback experience in the region. In addition to wonderful rides through beautiful countryside, there are many other things to see and do on the way, from wineries and fine dining to carriage rides and sunset asados. Whatever our clients wishes, we are there to help them make the right choices for their perfect day and to make it happen.
Westcliff-on-Sea, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

The finca is about 40 minutes from the centre of Mendoza, situated in open country. On arrival we had a light breakfast of juice, coffee and pastries. After a quick tour of the facilities we mounted up for the ride. The horses were in excellent condition and perfectly behaved.
The ride took us through a large vineyard where the first stop was to talk to some guys harvesting the grapes. We were given a bunch of malbec grapes each to try - delicious. And the horse were given a bunch each as well! All of us, horses included, continued on with purple lips. Part of the ride was in between the vines which was a novel way of seeing them. At the first winery we were given a informative tour of the production area followed by a tasting session. The wines were top quality and served in generous tasting measures.
The ride to the second winery was slightly shorter but still with the wonderful backdrop of the Andes in the distance. As we turned one corner a coach came the other way - with lots of the people in it taking photos of us! We didn't envy them in the slightest. At the second winery we were given another tour and learnt more facts about the area and wine making process. This was followed by an excellent lunch where each course was paired with a different wine.
At the end of the meal we were given the choice of having the taxi take us home or ride back to the finca. We chose to ride back, if you like horses why wouldn't you?!
Our guide Mailen spoke very good English but was happy to explain everything in Spanish. She had an extensive knowledge of the area, the vineyards and the wines. The horses are suitable for riders of any experience. We walked and trotted most of the way as my partner was a little nervous; but Mailen and I managed to sneak in a fast canter on the way home.
A wonderful experience which I would be more than happy to do again. If you are thinking of doing this - do it! And I would strongly suggest doing the "full day" package visiting two wineries with lunch at the second.

New York City, New York
“Trip Highlight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had a terrific time at Finca Las Lechuzas. The horses were very well trained and sweet. My guide, Mai, was lovely and spoke great English. She was even able to take great pictures of me riding as she rode. The ride was beautiful and easily one of my favorite parts of my trip - I definitely want to return!

Texas
“lovely and peaceful getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I loved our stay in Mendoza at Finca Adalgisa. The staffers all speak perfect English and the place was very peaceful, especially the evening complimentary wine and tapas in their small tasting room with plush comfy white sofas and four fireplaces! We had a room toward the back--ask for one as the front ones are close to the road and most likely would have been noisier...

Great stay!

Visited April 2013
Boca Raton, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Amazing... Must Do”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was not keen on doing a horseback tour. It didn't seem too exciting to me. Well, it turned out to me one of the highlights of our trip to South America. The car picked the four of us up at our hotel and took us to the ranch. Our goucho was extremely friendly and got us all up on the horses. what a unique experience to ride through the vineyards at the base of the Andes. The horses were easy to ride and we were given all instructions. I even tried galloping several times. what fun!!!. We went to Ruca Malen at our request. We coincidentally had that wine at dinner the night before, so it was a real treat. Once back at the ranch, they prepared a huge lunch for us. the grilled vegetables and all kinds of meat kept coming. I would say you must do this if you are in Mendoza.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great way to take in Mendoza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was one of our favorite parts of our trip to Argentina! A great way to see the beautiful landscapes of Mendoza. The horses are so well trained and gentle. The vineyards we went to were great and our tour guide was very knowledgable and quick to respond to any assistance we needed. I was apprehensive at the start but Mailen quickly reassured me and was quick to help if i needed it (but I didn't...I got the hang of it). Our hotel recommended this tour and we are so glad we did it! We even tasted the grapes off the vines!