“Great food....and dog friendly too!”
Review of Tolcarne Inn

Tolcarne Inn
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Newlyn
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Local pub-look at Website
London, United Kingdom
“Great food....and dog friendly too!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I have eaten in The Tolcarne on three occasions now and each time the food has been very good indeed....and our visit on Friday night was no exception! We have friends visiting, with a dog, and it never occurred to me that we could take the dog but after enquiring we were told that they were very dog friendly (although ours was the only one in that night). The atmosphere is that of a old pub, casual and relaxed, but the food is of a standard of the best restaurants. We thought that, given the superb quality of the food, the value was very good and it was also possible to find a decent priced wine (always expensive when eating out). Service, on Friday night, was efficient and friendly. All in all, a great night out...we will be back!

1 Thank Diand11

brighton Uk
“disappointing”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I had a couple of hours free before getting the sleeper back to London after flying in from the Scillies .I had heard and read some fantastic reviews of the Tolcarne and decided to taxi there and try it!

The ambiance was friendly and the wine good value. The service was excellent. I was pleased to be accommodated albeit 'squeezed in' as this seems a very busy restaurant and I had not booked
I chose two starters. The first crab and fish cakes were edible but dull and bland.

The cauliflower veloute with scallops and capers should have been interesting Scallops pre frozen (i am sure) and raisons in the veloute UGH! I still have nightmares about the taste memory! What a pity , not a good experience for the end of my trip.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank sidonie
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Great dinner at Tolcarne Inn”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

My first time at the Tolcarne, this visit was proposed by a good foodie friend. He lives nearby and had sung it's virtues before.
It lived up to high expectations with an excellent meal in a relaxed pub environment. The food (pate, followed by hake) was great, tasty and well worthy of the reputation. Staff were clearly well trained but flexible, making the atmosphere very good indeed.
I will be returning in the near future. Well worth a visit!

3 Thank Phil-S101
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Popped in for lunch after reading good reviews.we only had starters plus bread,but was the best meal we had during a week in cornwall.portions were as good as some mains in other restaurants.looking forward to a return visit

5 Thank 1539jones
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We followed lots of reviews and tried the Tolcarne Inn-so pleased we did! We had a scrumptious three courses each, very reasonably priced for the quality. The menu was short but was packed with gorgeous dishes; we had scallops, mackerel, hake and ray wing followed by baked cheesecake and a sublime chocolate mousse. So fresh and beautifully presented. I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough!

4 Thank Katie T