“Good but small portions for the price ”

The Italian Kitchen
Ranked #9 of 13 Restaurants in Newlyn
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

I visited here with my grandparents for mothers day. I had been here previously when it was under the name of pizza patio so not sure if it's the same company or has changed hands.
Staff were very friendly and the resteraunt itself was as I remember it and very well laid out.
The food was amazing taste wise. I had lasagne as did my grandfather. The portion was small and you didn't even get anything to accompany it. So had to order garlic bread as an extra.
Having eaten what I had. I was still hungry, for a tenner you expect to be pretty much full. So had the sticky toffee pudding for desert which was good but again on the skimpy side.
I walked away having enjoyed my meal. But felt ripped off on the fact I could have eaten more and even my 77 year old grandparent thought the same.

1  Thank jordanc819
There are newer reviews for The Italian Kitchen

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Had the seared duck breast,very good and tasty and priced right.My wife had the crumbed chicken dish with bacon and a tomato and basil sauce which was good and portion size was great.For dessert I had a Tiramisu which was perfect after my dish.It was a very pleasant evening and the service was very good

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Good food, well prepared, good ingredients. We ate here twice and tried the antipasta, with nice salami and pizza bread and somewhat unusually for antipasta, slices of mozzarella and goats cheese. For mains, we had sea bass, duck, seafood spaghetti and spaghetti carbonara as mains. The sea food spaghetti needed a finger bowl. The chocolate torte is superb. Service sometimes a bit disorganized, but rescued by enthusiasm. Exceptionally good value and I did go twice!

1  Thank John_Wantage
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Had my birthday occasion here recently
A table of 10 people
Really enjoyed the starter.
Had the Indian pizza for main, just too hot and I like hot food! Someone else had the Mexican Pizza and again too hot.
Someone else ordered a steak and sent it back, the chef agreed that it wasn’t up to speed (they didn’t have a main course in the end!) we had a refund on that meal
Overall it was ok. I will try again as it was one of my favourites

3  Thank Ukoneuk
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Lovely restaurant, great atmosphere, clean, friendly and efficient staff and most importantly great tasting food which doesn't break the bank!