“Local Italian treat!”

The Italian Kitchen
Ranked #8 of 13 Restaurants in Newlyn
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
isle of wight
“Local Italian treat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

A good selection of Italian treats from pizzas to steaks. Delicious deserts and good service in a relaxed atmosphere. Would have liked to turn the heating up though!

Visited March 2013

Penzance, United Kingdom
“Brilliant in every way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've just come back from a lovely meal at this restaurant. Brought a good friend of mine with me who is incredibly fussy with food due to medical reasons which added the pressure on where to eat.

The food in the menu sounded fantastic, but we both decided to go with what was on the specials board.
I had the hake with artichokes...... AMAZING! My friend also ate a fish dish, and thoroughly enjoyed it too. Please give a special shout out to the chef.

The bread and oil we ordered was lovely, fresh and still hot, and the sticky toffee pudding was the best i've ever had.

Overall I am very impressed with this restaurant and will defenately be returning. Can't believe I only live up the top of the hill and such a great restaurant has been under my nose all this time!

Also a massive thanks to the waitress Jade who was fantastic and friendly. Working in a restaurant myself I recognize how much of an asset these type of staff are.

Cheers!
James

• Visited March 2013
Helston, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

We wanted a special meal for our sixth anniversary, but we didn't get that unfortunately. Being December we expected the establishment to be busy with Xmas parties, but there were only two other couples eating, on a Friday evening too. My starter was caramelised red onion with goat's cheese and salad. The onion I think was basically fried red onion. My husband's starter was average. During our meal the waitress, whilst pleasant, was clomping around pretty noisily. After waiting twenty minutes for our main, she took our plates and said "oh haven't you got your mains yet?" as if someone else should have given them to us! Funny, seeing she was the only waitress. Our mains tasted like pasta and a sauce you would buy at a supermarket. Not something we expected at an Italian restaurant. So for that reason it was over-priced. The temperature of the place was quite chilly too. We left feeling very disappointed which was a shame on our anniversary. We won't return. On a positive note: nice decor.

• Visited December 2012
Penzance, England, United Kingdom
“Cannot believe negative reviews.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

This restaurant seems stunningly misrepresented. It was nothing less than a fantastic experience for both generations of my family. After a wet and windy trek though Newlyn The Italian Kitchen was the perfect retreat. Warm, welcoming service and excellent food delivered speedily from the kitchen and a Head Chef who came and had a chat with us as we dried off. Top marks. We shall be returning.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Conan C
“Evening meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nice situation and quite an acceptable atmosphere. One criticism no steak on the menu, which I had decided on having before dining.

Visited December 2012