“Warm and friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Warm and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

Decided to return for a second visit. Our first was New Year 2010. A warm welcome, nice comfortable rooms,wonderful breakfast and lovely views.Still a great find. Good location for visiting the south of Cornwall
Ask if they have a sea view when booking. Nothing seems to be too much trouble!
Hope to see you again soon!

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

More than the panorama that our eyes feasted on whether enjoying a soporific evening seated in the Panorama's lounge on the first floor, or while scooping up a spoonful of the fluffiest omelette in the tastefully done up breakfast room that is sure to whet one's appetite, what made our stay thoroughly enjoyable - and memorable - was the warmth Lynda exuded in every interaction I had with her, her thoughtfulness, and her complete lack of hesitation in going beyond the call of duty to accommodate every single request I made: be it laying out the table for takeaway dinners my wife and I ordered into the guest house on a couple of occasions, or letting us customise the breakfast menu by having our pick from different set menus, or driving us down to the train station during breakfast time, invariably one of the busiest times of the day for any B&B owner. Not to mention, of course, Rob picking us up from the Minack Theatre at 10:45 on a Sunday evening and driving us back to the warmth of our room!

There's nothing pretentious about the Panorama's facilities or its owners, and it is this earnestness and tasteful simplicity - projected, I suppose, on to the Panorama's facilities by its owners - that touched my wife and me during our 3-night stay over the Easter break. It felt cosy, it felt warm in more ways than one, and it only added to our 'Cornwall experience'.

Come and stay at the Panorama, and you will discover for yourself what true hospitality is.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Warwick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed at the Panorama for two nights in March 2012. I found the welcome from Lynda very warm, the views stunning (worth the walk up the hill !), and the breakfast delicious - nothing was too much trouble.

Very handy to have a car park on site too. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

Have just spent a wonderful 4 days at the Panorama. It's in a fabulous location with great views over the sea, Newlyn Harbour and St. Michael's Mount. As others have said, nothing is too much trouble for the owners and the level of comfort and kindness is way above other places I have stayed. We were taking a two day course at the Newlyn Art School which is just across the road - a fabulous place if you are into painting or printing. If you want to stay somewhere we you can be assured of great food, a great welcome, and the most wonderful hospitality you can't find better. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

Our puppy was greeted as warmly and enthusiastically as we were. Our room was thoughtfully chosen with easy access to the garden. The room and bathroom were clean and bright and offered the pararomic views the guest house's name suggested, over Newlyn harbour and the Penzance bay (even more spectacular from the upstairs dining room and lounge). Touches in the bedroom included: tea making facilities with a choice of teas and coffees, blackout blinds, all the toiletries you could need including cotton buds and decent loo paper. Other nice touches were a recycling basket and the provision of wine glasses on the second day, after we had used the tumblers on the first.

After a very comfortable night the other important thing is a good breakfast. Here our hosts excelled. Over our 3 day stay we enjoyed Cornish kippers (moist and perfectly smoked and cooked) and if you don't like the bones, they are also offered filleted. Creamy scrambled eggs with smoked salmon were a great, lighter option before we tackled the full English (or should that have been Cornish on our last morning. All locally produced ingredients, including the black and hogs puddings.
A changing variety of fresh fruit with yoghurt and a plethora of cereals and spreads completes the comprehensive offering, all served with a smile and excellent coffee and warm milk!
The Panaroma is in my opinion (and I have run a five star guest house myself) is a great find. True professionals who will offer a genuine welcome, for everyone.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank NRus
Slough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

Magnificent views of sea, town and countryside from its high situation, and in addition you are almost embraced by the kindness and tireless help of the owners. The food is excellent, and there is an air of quiet efficiency. Nothing is too much trouble; which makes the stay so easy and pleasant.
We shall certainly return.
Amy & Tom

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

Stayed here for two nights in october, 2011. Was visiting England from Canada. The location is in Newlyn, which is a neighbourhood just past the main part of Penzance. The place is clean, the rooms are well appointed and there is on-site parking, which is a big plus in Penzance! When I got there, I asked Dave where a good place to eat would be and he told me about this little inn/pun that the locals go to. He even gave me a ride and came to pick me up so I could have a couple of pints. Linda is also extremely friendly and she was nice enough to do my laundry, for a small fee, but well worth it for the time it saved me. The highlight of my stay was the breakfast though. It was awesome! I had gone to few pubs in London for proper English breakfast, I might as well have go to McDonald's. The food was so good and so plentiful that I didn't have to eat anything, but for a granola bar until dinner, even though I had been going on some good hikes along the coast. If you go, make sure to go for a walk along the coast around Porthcorno beach. Great views!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newlyn
Hotel Penzance
#18 of 87 in Penzance
Trereife House
Trereife House
#4 of 87 in Penzance

Been to Panorama Guest House? Share your experiences!