“an amazing place yo stay and to see the sights of cornwall.”

SeaView Holiday Park
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“an amazing place yo stay and to see the sights of cornwall.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

we went camping with our dog max and on arrival were greeted very friendly by the ladies on reception.we were given instructions on use of showers and where to pitch our tent.we could see the sea when we got up every morning.the site was spotless with a lovely swimming pool which was also spotless and although showers were sandy (cant be helped unless the person before you is kind enough to rinse it away like me)were clean as where the toilets.we had fabulous weather and you can walk to lands end in 20 mins.we did the coastal walk to sennen cove that was brilliant.and the beach next to sennen is dog friendly and beautiful too.we went to st michaels mount ,lizard point,mousehole,porthcurno beach,minack theatre (just looked round not dog friendly) and the scilly isles.we took our dog everywhere with us and found it easy to get to everywhere.we would have liked to stay longer at seaview.they also have a bar open in the evening it has a few pool tables giant chess and a small bowling alley the ratler cider there is good too.you can go into the village as there is a spar shop and a post office both sell bread and milk and supplies so you need for nothing.the first and last inn in sennen serves lovely food and and there is a good fish and chip shop too.i loved the site and location.we had electric hook up for our tent and it was a brilliant holiday everything went well.i would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

A last minute booking as the site we wanted to stay on was booked. When we arrived they didn't seem to have our booking even though I had emailed and also booked over the phone. We did find a nice spot in the end but the toilet and showers were not very clean. We stayed away one of the nights and when we arrived back were told by fellow campers that the owners were going to take down our awning tent and throw away our things as they said we hadn't booked. luckily for us we had friendly neighbours who looked after our tent. Needless to say we won't be going back!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Louisegan
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I really felt I had to write this review as I cannot believe the terrible reviews this site has received. After booking our holiday we looked at Trip Advisor and started to worry that we had made a major mistake. We decided to 'risk' it, knowing that it would only be used as a base for our holiday. We really shouldn't have worried. We arrived at reception and were greeted by a really helpful lady and were checked in and given our keys all within 5 minutes. When we got to our caravan we found we had a large balcony/patio area which we hadn't expected. The inside was clean and spacious and we were surprised to see that we had been provided with clean bedding and towels for our holiday, as well as matches (you will need these for the cooker and fire), washing up equipment, loo roll and soap. The decor is a bit retro but it was all very clean and tidy. Our two children spent a lot of time in the park which was well equipped and there are plenty of table tennis tables, crazy golf, tennis courts and a swimming pool (clean enough but very cold) all set in lovely grounds. These do not have to be paid for separately!!! The bar area is fairly quiet, there are lots of games for the kids in here, but it is owned by someone else so you do need to accompany your children and buy a drink here to use it as you would any other bar/pub. There is also ten pin bowling, a soft play area, a shop and a cafe. The opening times seem to be a bit sporadic, but there is a fantastic pub around the corner and a Cost cutter approx 5mins walk away which is reasonably priced. Lands end is 10 mins walk away and Sennen beach a bit further but walkable. Porthcurno beach is a 5 minute drive. There is very little light pollution, great for star gazing (We were lucky enough to watch an amazing meteor shower).Overall a fantastic holiday, a brilliant base for walking/sightseeing. All staff were friendly and helpful.I think the problem appears to be people assuming that it would provide a Haven type entertainment package. If this is what you are looking for, it's not for you, but if you want a good, clean, friendly base for a holiday which isn't all red coats and people walking around dressed as cartoon characters this is for you. We will definitely go again and recommend it to others. In our opinion the bad reviews are totally misleading.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hanmed1
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Had a great holiday at a great price in a basic caravan, it was warm cosy with a view across to Lands End. If some of the previous reviewers want to pay as little as possible and expect the Dorchester then they need to get into the real world. The people who own the site have to work hard to maintain clean and administrate which is a hard job made worst by people moaning.
There are people in this world who are seriously ill and would give their right arm to just have a holiday.
We had a fantastic stay here in June, we arrived late and the lady was there waiting for us and made us very welcome even though it was outside the normal arrival times. We paid £200 for a five night stay which in my eyes is dead reasonable , the caravan wasn't luxury but what do you want for £200 in June. The B&Bs up the road where charging £70 per night for just a room , a total of £350 for my five night stay and only a room and en-suite and a breakfast. The caravan gave me , shower and toilet (clean), two bedrooms and bedding, my own lounge and well equipped kitchen. A key to come and go as I want and not tied down to times of breakfast etc. Thank you seaview keep up the good work and we will be back next year .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mepbrum
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I must admit I was extremely nervous about staying here after reading the reviews after I had booked. However, we had a very pleasant stay. We called the campsite as we were running late and knew reception closed at 5pm. The gentleman who answered the phone was very friendly and told us to check in at the Bar.
We went to the bar and the guy was very welcoming, he gave us a list of pitches which we could choose from, we wanted sea view so we took one of pitches in the wild camping fields. Guess what, we had a sea view :) along with some countryside too...bonus.
The only downside was we found it hard getting the pegs in the grounds but managed in the end.
The showers and toilets were clean.
We had no problems with any bad mannered staff.
The campsite itself is in a fantastic location in a beautiful part of the country. I would go back and stay there. :)

Room Tip: go with the wild camping.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BuzzBall83
Lichfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Miss Cruise from Staffordshire . I stayed at Seaview Holiday Park on 19th July to 22nd July a weekend away with The Sun Holiday with my Partner and my 13 Daughter . When we arrived at Seaview the reception staff was friendly , helpful especially women on there that people say shes very rude (fulse) .Our Caravan was clean , tidy , well equipt kitchen ,plus there was toilet roll , everything we needed for family .We upgraded so we had bed lining ,TV,Microwave , extra bedroom . In club house friendly bar staff , there was pool table , things for kids to play with seperate area ,soft play area , The Following Areas was clean, tidy, Caravan,Outside kids play area ,Garden landscapes , The Following extra charges at seaview were , Upgrade Carvan when booked sun holiday check small print read all paper work for Seaview ,Swimming Pool , outside chess , table tennis , indoor soft kids playing area , laudrette, . Short walk from Seaview was chip shop , Spar shop , Pub family friendly , nice meals. Also short drive to Lands End .Short drive to Sennen Cove Beach .Penzance nice town centre .and St Ives both near Seaview YES i would go back to Seaview Holiday Park .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kimberly c
Bristol
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Where do I start? Firstly, STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!! We booked a break with The Sun, paying them £75, we received our confirmation with 2 adults and 3 children, with an offer to upgrade (apparently TVs aren't considered standard!) We decided to upgrade and extend our break, and a cheque for a further £168 was sent and cashed. We received no further confirmation, which we thought was odd and despite our best efforts, couldn't get hold of anyone. 3 days before we were due to go, I called the park one more time to try and clarify a few details, only to be told that the "offer" we were sent was for 4 people, not the 5 on our booking form, and that they wanted anoth £70! As you can imagine, this was not met favourably. When asked why we didn't get a 2nd confirmation, we were told "the woman who normally sends out the confirmation left, so you were forgotten!" After trying to explain that the fault lay with the park, the "Manager" became rude and abusive, even going so far as to accuse my partner of threatening her! (Which is an outright lie as I listened to the whole conversation) finally stating "I'm sending you a full refund as I don't like you and I don't want you on my park" this was 3 days before our holiday was due to start! My 3 children were heartbroken! We did manage to find another break at a far superior park, at a much better price. After we got back, we still hadn't received a refund, I called the park to be told I had to request it in WRITING! I've now done this, and the "Manager" is now refusing to speak to us over the phone. All-in-all, the staff there are rude, unprofessional and uncaring, if this matter does not get resolved soon, I will be pursuing them through the courts.

Please take my advice and stay as far away from this place as possible, I only wish I could give them a zero rating.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
12 Thank Big_J9774
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sennen
The Land's End Hotel
#20 of 21 in St Ives
Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven
Tolroy Manor Holiday Park
Perran View Holiday Park

Been to SeaView Holiday Park? Share your experiences!