SeaView Holiday Park
Old Success Inn(Sennen Cove)
$158
$113
$134
Marazion Hotel(Marazion)
$161
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
Hotel Penzance(Penzance)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssennen beachbase to exploreminack theatreshower blockshort driveevening entertainmentlocal areabutlinsporthcurnoives
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I really felt I had to write this review as I cannot believe the terrible reviews this site has received. After booking our holiday we looked at Trip Advisor and started to worry that we had made a major mistake. We decided to 'risk' it, knowing that it would only be used as a base for our holiday. We really shouldn't have worried. We arrived at reception and were greeted by a really helpful lady and were checked in and given our keys all within 5 minutes. When we got to our caravan we found we had a large balcony/patio area which we hadn't expected. The inside was clean and spacious and we were surprised to see that we had been provided with clean bedding and towels for our holiday, as well as matches (you will need these for the cooker and fire), washing up equipment, loo roll and soap. The decor is a bit retro but it was all very clean and tidy. Our two children spent a lot of time in the park which was well equipped and there are plenty of table tennis tables, crazy golf, tennis courts and a swimming pool (clean enough but very cold) all set in lovely grounds. These do not have to be paid for separately!!! The bar area is fairly quiet, there are lots of games for the kids in here, but it is owned by someone else so you do need to accompany your children and buy a drink here to use it as you would any other bar/pub. There is also ten pin bowling, a soft play area, a shop and a cafe. The opening times seem to be a bit sporadic, but there is a fantastic pub around the corner and a Cost cutter approx 5mins walk away which is reasonably priced. Lands end is 10 mins walk away and Sennen beach a bit further but walkable. Porthcurno beach is a 5 minute drive. There is very little light pollution, great for star gazing (We were lucky enough to watch an amazing meteor shower).Overall a fantastic holiday, a brilliant base for walking/sightseeing. All staff were friendly and helpful.I think the problem appears to be people assuming that it would provide a Haven type entertainment package. If this is what you are looking for, it's not for you, but if you want a good, clean, friendly base for a holiday which isn't all red coats and people walking around dressed as cartoon characters this is for you. We will definitely go again and recommend it to others. In our opinion the bad reviews are totally misleading.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hanmed1
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Had a great holiday at a great price in a basic caravan, it was warm cosy with a view across to Lands End. If some of the previous reviewers want to pay as little as possible and expect the Dorchester then they need to get into the real world. The people who own the site have to work hard to maintain clean and administrate which is a hard job made worst by people moaning.
There are people in this world who are seriously ill and would give their right arm to just have a holiday.
We had a fantastic stay here in June, we arrived late and the lady was there waiting for us and made us very welcome even though it was outside the normal arrival times. We paid £200 for a five night stay which in my eyes is dead reasonable , the caravan wasn't luxury but what do you want for £200 in June. The B&Bs up the road where charging £70 per night for just a room , a total of £350 for my five night stay and only a room and en-suite and a breakfast. The caravan gave me , shower and toilet (clean), two bedrooms and bedding, my own lounge and well equipped kitchen. A key to come and go as I want and not tied down to times of breakfast etc. Thank you seaview keep up the good work and we will be back next year .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mepbrum
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I must admit I was extremely nervous about staying here after reading the reviews after I had booked. However, we had a very pleasant stay. We called the campsite as we were running late and knew reception closed at 5pm. The gentleman who answered the phone was very friendly and told us to check in at the Bar.
We went to the bar and the guy was very welcoming, he gave us a list of pitches which we could choose from, we wanted sea view so we took one of pitches in the wild camping fields. Guess what, we had a sea view :) along with some countryside too...bonus.
The only downside was we found it hard getting the pegs in the grounds but managed in the end.
The showers and toilets were clean.
We had no problems with any bad mannered staff.
The campsite itself is in a fantastic location in a beautiful part of the country. I would go back and stay there. :)

Room Tip: go with the wild camping.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BuzzBall83
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Miss Cruise from Staffordshire . I stayed at Seaview Holiday Park on 19th July to 22nd July a weekend away with The Sun Holiday with my Partner and my 13 Daughter . When we arrived at Seaview the reception staff was friendly , helpful especially women on there that people say shes very rude (fulse) .Our Caravan was clean , tidy , well equipt kitchen ,plus there was toilet roll , everything we needed for family .We upgraded so we had bed lining ,TV,Microwave , extra bedroom . In club house friendly bar staff , there was pool table , things for kids to play with seperate area ,soft play area , The Following Areas was clean, tidy, Caravan,Outside kids play area ,Garden landscapes , The Following extra charges at seaview were , Upgrade Carvan when booked sun holiday check small print read all paper work for Seaview ,Swimming Pool , outside chess , table tennis , indoor soft kids playing area , laudrette, . Short walk from Seaview was chip shop , Spar shop , Pub family friendly , nice meals. Also short drive to Lands End .Short drive to Sennen Cove Beach .Penzance nice town centre .and St Ives both near Seaview YES i would go back to Seaview Holiday Park .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kimberly c
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Where do I start? Firstly, STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!! We booked a break with The Sun, paying them £75, we received our confirmation with 2 adults and 3 children, with an offer to upgrade (apparently TVs aren't considered standard!) We decided to upgrade and extend our break, and a cheque for a further £168 was sent and cashed. We received no further confirmation, which we thought was odd and despite our best efforts, couldn't get hold of anyone. 3 days before we were due to go, I called the park one more time to try and clarify a few details, only to be told that the "offer" we were sent was for 4 people, not the 5 on our booking form, and that they wanted anoth £70! As you can imagine, this was not met favourably. When asked why we didn't get a 2nd confirmation, we were told "the woman who normally sends out the confirmation left, so you were forgotten!" After trying to explain that the fault lay with the park, the "Manager" became rude and abusive, even going so far as to accuse my partner of threatening her! (Which is an outright lie as I listened to the whole conversation) finally stating "I'm sending you a full refund as I don't like you and I don't want you on my park" this was 3 days before our holiday was due to start! My 3 children were heartbroken! We did manage to find another break at a far superior park, at a much better price. After we got back, we still hadn't received a refund, I called the park to be told I had to request it in WRITING! I've now done this, and the "Manager" is now refusing to speak to us over the phone. All-in-all, the staff there are rude, unprofessional and uncaring, if this matter does not get resolved soon, I will be pursuing them through the courts.

Please take my advice and stay as far away from this place as possible, I only wish I could give them a zero rating.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family