“Why the negative comments??... expectations to high! Its a peaceful place!”

SeaView Holiday Park
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We really cannot understand the negative reviews on here!!!After reading some of them didnt know whether we had done the right thing by booking this via 'The Sun'!!..But we have just had the most wonderful break away at this holiday park with our 3 youngesters and baby Grandson! (may 31st-June 3rd) and wished we had booked for longer! We were greeted by very helpful friendly staff. It is truly a tranquil park (no rowdy clubhouse). Caravan was clean, tidy and basic. We purposely didnt upgrade, so had no television or microwave and brought our own bed linen....and our experience was bliss! (no computers, xboxes, playstations at hand..just totally technology free!!!) The children loved playing in the outside playground and watching the baby rabbits jumping about! The weather was brilliant so spent everyday on the nearby beautiful Sennen cove beach.There are plenty of beautiful places to visit but we really didnt have enough time! .....we are definitely going back!! ...Oh and we had NO problem getting our £20 deposit back!

Room Tip: not for club house lovers! as its a peaceful remote place!
5  Thank alsloumil
There are newer reviews for SeaView Holiday Park

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Yes it is! We went for a fun weekend with the SUN, in may. On arrival were told the bar, shop,
Games room are closed. The tennis court had benchs stored in it, the swimming pool closed (had a dead rabbit in it we we're told ). Only time I've had to pay £20. deposit & loose 15% if your not there at 3pm on your last day (hope you don't have to travel far).
Take your own bedding even if you payed the extra. Take matches your need them for the cooker .
Radiators didn't work ,as for the crazy golf don't gol there!! Have fun
Great pub round the corner.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Terry441
Reviewed June 1, 2013

On arrival we found the camp generally clean until we saw the swimming pool it was green, we were then told on checking in, it was closed, as was the bowling, then the reception 5 minutes after checking in at 5pm and £20 deposit taken. we arrived at the caravan that was very basic even though we`d upgraded. the duvets were wafer thin, the pillows lumpy and the beds were so worn we could feel all the springs, there was no where to voice our concerns as reception had closed. we spent very little time on camp as with teenagers and no entertainment at all, we spent days elsewhere. I must say there`s a well equipped playground for younger children, for a quiet break the location may be for you, but we would not choose to go there again and do not expect our deposit back as we could not collect it at 1pm

1  Thank paul779
Reviewed May 31, 2013

So many negative views on here. Many of them based upon the service you would get from commercial sites such as Haven etc...

'Seaview' is a family run park, most likely on a shoe-string budget, and it's been fine to me and my family for the 3 visits we have stayed over the last 10 years.

Yes, they have certain strict rules. Yes, you may have to actually venture out of the site to go and eat. Yes, you may have to advise reception that something isn't quite up to 'your' standard (lumpy pillows, toilet seat slightly broken), but come on, surely those reasons can't ruin a holiday?

If you respect the rules, you won't have any issues.

Regarding the refundable deposit many people have moaned about. We handed our keys in on day of departure, and informed reception that we would be back between 1 and 3pm to collect. We walked the short distace to Land's End, and spent a few hours there enjoying what was on offer. We then returned to reception, collected the deposit in full, and drove home. Simples! Each caravan has it's own hoover, so no excuse really to leave it in a mess, therefore jepardizing the payback of your deposit!

This latest visit to the park was a Sun holiday offer, with 2 children aged 5 and 1, staying in an upgraded caravan. Lovely outside play area, recently added indoor play area, polite guy behind the bar, it was fine!

If you think holidays come with a shiny camp person showing you his white teeth and making you clap your hands to some deformed costumed animal, then this place is most certainly not for you. If you take things with a pinch of salt, and can appriciate a families wishes on thier own ground, then you're gonna have a lovely break away in a GORGEOUS part of this country.

Anyone wants to ask me a question about this park, just send a message.

I have no affliation with the family, I just hate seeing all these negative reviews on here, many of then very unjustified, this park is what it is. Use it as a base to explore the beauty of Cornwall, unless you're the type to just sit and get drunk, whilst watching redcoat entertainment, then, choose Haven and the like.

4  Thank LRS1979
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed here for a long weekend. Never again. Before I even arrived at the park the lady owner or out of hours lady as she calls herself was rude to us. She said if we didn't arrive at the park by 6.30pm we wouldn't be able to get in. Even though we arrived there at 5 she had locked up and gone home. I had to phone and go to her house to get the caravan keys as she was to lazy to come to reception.

It gets far worse. We stayed for the weekend, she had removed the tv from the caravan as we didn't pay for the upgrade. She took at £20 deposit from me which she said I could get at 1pm on the Monday, I said I would have left by then. She said I could have the £20 deposit posted to me, I opted for that. Over 2weeks later no deposit, what a surprise, I phoned her, she blamed it on the bank holiday post over two weeks ago!!! I have now received a cheque but not for the full amount, not because I left the caravan in a state as I made sure it was spotless, because I booked through the sun. On the pink piece of paper she showed me it said a full refund would be made. To my knowledge she is not able to withhold peoples deposits just because of who they booked through.

I can not emphasise hoe rude and abrupt this lady is, she is in the wrong business, the site was empty. Do not stay here she will get every penny any way she can out of you. Also the site is not near the beach, it is just in the middle of some fields.

If you have booked I would cancel. I would normally stay anywhere but this lady just ruined everything. I will also be reporting her to the Sun, so I guess she will have to close down soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank palomino921
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We booked this park with 'The Sun' but after reading the reviews we wondered if we should cut our losses and run. We eventually decided to take a risk and we are so glad we did. I arrived with my husband and 2 children (3 &13) and we braced ourselves for the worst. We were checked in by helpful and efficient staff who directed us to our caravan. On inspection it was clean, comfortable and modern and contained everything we needed, even a NON-STICK frying pan. Due to past experience we did pay the £50 upgrade but we didn't think the overall cost was too bad for 4 nights accommodation for a family of 4. The park was quiet but it was early April. It was based in such a fantastic location that we were spoilt for choice for beautiful beaches and places to visit. The nearby First and Last pub was cosy, family friendly and served delicious food. We had a great holiday and we got our deposit back!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank fod1
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My Girlfriend and I have just returned from a wknd at Seaview holiday park. We were greeted by a woman at Reception that could hardly muster up a smile. She then pulled out a Form and went through it with us demanding what Electrical items we had bought with us. How rude! Things like Hair straighteners/Phone chargers etc were on the list. Felt like we were at Customs at an Airport!
We were then asked to pay our £20 deposit. We were also told that I couldn't park my VW Caddy van next to our Caravan and that it must stay up in the Car park for Health and safety reasons. It's only a small van so we were very confused as to why this was a problem.
So down to the Caravan.
We decided not to upgrade as they were demanding a whopping £50 which gets you a T.V, Bed linen and a Microwave. Surely this should all be included anyway!?
***IT IS ALL A SCAM TO TRY AND GET PEOPLES MONEY!***
I honestly can't believe that they are getting away with this.
Anyway as we entered our rather shabby Caravan we went to the Bedroom and were disgusted to find that there was NO DUVET, sheets or anything. We bought our own change of sheets, pillowcases etc but it wasn't made clear at all that there would be no duvet! So we were forced to drive back to Penzance(from the direction we'd just came)to nearest Supermarket to buy a Duvet and two pillows, in order to keep ourselves warm at night.
The Fire in the caravan was a joke, equivalent to that of a Lighter flame I'm pretty sure they've adjusted the fire in order for it to not use too much Gas...nevermind your poor Guests freezing of Hypothermia. Great customer service.
There was a Scart lead hanging out of the wall so obviously there were T.V's but oh no not if you didn't fork out for the £50 upgrade.
All in all very disappointed with the shocking Customer service and lack of care for their customers shown by the staff here. They are literally just skanking people and if you don't upgrade then there's danger of freezing to death.
My Girlfriend and I are generally very positive people and were worried when reading the Reviews of this place thinking it was all just typical whiney people that moan about any place they stay but IT'S ALL TRUE.
It's a shame because Sennen and the area is beautiful the water is so blue down there and the Minack Theatre is amazing and Lands End is great.
But please I urge you PLEASE DON'T GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY. THEY DON'T DESERVE IT!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
7  Thank Surfysurf
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sennen
The Land's End Hotel
#1 of 4 in Penzance
The Queens Hotel
The Queens Hotel
#3 of 4 in Penzance

Been to SeaView Holiday Park? Share your experiences!