SeaView Holiday Park
Old Success Inn(Sennen Cove)
$119
$154
$147
Official Site
$123
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
$237
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewssennen beachbase to exploreminack theatreshower blockshort driveevening entertainmentlocal areabutlinsporthcurnoives
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 27, 2011

just came back from the seaview at lands end sennen, well where do i start, first we arrived after 5 hours traveling to be told there's no club house its shut, the kids play area is shut and the pool is shut, the woman at reception was a so rude the miserable old cow, then our caravan was not cleaned when it was ready we went in to discover there were dead blue bottle flys squashed on the kitchen units and in the bedrooms, the so called cleaner had just finished in there! joke! we were meant to stay for a week but left just after 1 night, then demanded our £20 deposit back, he even went to check the caravan....the cheek, so people stay away from this place, we went from there to st ives to a place called john fowler on the A30 then the A3079 its fantastic,its about 50 mins away from that dump!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank michael s
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Some balance needed here. We have stayed here about 6 times over the last 20 years. Yes, we have have had off-hand treatment from staff, certainly rude one two occasions. Yes, we had money taken from the £20 deposit for extra cleaning (of a room and micowave we didn't use!). Since then we have told staff when checking out that the van has been left in perfect order, have photographic evidence and suggest that if they dare charge us for cleaning again, they do so at their peril.
Comments on Trip Advisor such as 'back of beyond' are ridiculous. This is the far tip of the UK. Comments about the lighting, totally unrealistic. Complaining about the price? Most other self-catering accommodation in this area in August is around £1000 per week. We love the area and this slightly challenging venue is one of the only affordable places to stay.

We were here in late July this year. Many vans were empty. A clear message for the owners, especially if the threats of further action are carried out.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank BirminghamWhizzer
Reviewed October 10, 2011

In the back of beyond, which wouldn't have been too bad if there was some on site entertainment. Paid for entertainment passes and the bar was not open at all, the whole week we were there. I complained the first morning we were there and was told I had to put it in writing when I got home. Any other camp site I have stayed at there have been things to do or at least a bar/club. It was the first time my mum has stayed at a caravan park and probably her last thanks to Sennen Holiday Park. It was the most expensive park I have stayed at as well. When we arrived they requested £20 deposit even though I had a cheque ready as requested. I since found out why, they managed to con another £3 from us by charging us for the admin fee to send money back. There were no lights around the park so as two ladies on out own we daren't go out when it started to get dark, so we could not walk to the local bar/restaurant. We checked in, went to the caravan, got settled in, went to cook. We needed matches to light cooker, went across to shop it was shut. Bar was supposed to be open according to times on door not open, as it never did. So had to walk to shop, we meet a few other unhappy holiday makers, going to the shop for the same reason. The beds are so uncomfortable, the caravans, all of them are really scruffy. I can honestly say I have never stayed anywhere like this before. My advise honestly to have a nice holiday and a good night sleep do not stay here.

• Stayed: September 2011
8  Thank Ca55ie
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Arrived at this site after a 4 hour journey,checked in to be told that the bar, cafe, pool was closed i had paid £30.00 for club passes and nothing was open, there were 6 in our group one in a wheelchair so this made our stay abit difficult as we had no facilities on site they are not very helpful and wouldnt take any one there that is disabled. I was told to write a letter and i would get a refund (dont think so ) we found our caravan which seemed to be ok. The receptionist came running to our caravan to request for a £20.00 deposit her words( they will kill me if i dont get it) found this a bit strange but still brushed it off and carried on with my holiday was told i would get it back on departure, The children went to reception to ask for golf clubs to play on crazy golf to be told that they have to get it in the morning and that was the only time not very friendly

on check out went to give my keys and get my deposit back to be told you will get it back in the post, explained about the £30.00 charge for club passes and nothing was open, what looked to be the owners were very rude and said there was no chance i would get it back. I have sent a letter to the site and waiting a reply not going to hold my breath, will take futher if no refund is made

The surrounding area is lovely and there is a local pub about 5 minutes from the site i would not suggest any one booking a holiday there find somewhere else,

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank Rebecca C
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Alarm bells should have rung at the start of the holiday hunt when we enquired about the caravans - the staff were so unhelpful. They are very strict on booking in and after a long journey it would be nice to be able to go the van, especially when they have told us the van's ready. Parents charged £5 pp to come and see us in the caravan (they were staying in their own caravan down the road) just in case I made them a cup of tea or they used our toilet!!!!!!! The caravn was very old, shabby, damp and cold. We paid an extortionate amount of money to hire shabby bedding and ended up borrowing extra off my parents as matresses were so lumy we needed extra padding and comfort!! Had to use our beach towels to sit on (one good point about lousy weather we never went on the beach!!) as the seats were damp! No where to hang wet towels after a shower. Limited laundrette opening times which is ridiculous when near the beach with a young family!! The oven and grill were so old it took an age to get anything cooked. The steps leading down form the caravn were dangerously high with no proper safe handrail. I think health and safety would have a field day. The shop was just awful couldn't even get milk and bread. Overall rate a BIG FAT 0! DON'T GO!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family