“Realism required”

SeaView Holiday Park
birmingham
“Realism required”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Some balance needed here. We have stayed here about 6 times over the last 20 years. Yes, we have have had off-hand treatment from staff, certainly rude one two occasions. Yes, we had money taken from the £20 deposit for extra cleaning (of a room and micowave we didn't use!). Since then we have told staff when checking out that the van has been left in perfect order, have photographic evidence and suggest that if they dare charge us for cleaning again, they do so at their peril.
Comments on Trip Advisor such as 'back of beyond' are ridiculous. This is the far tip of the UK. Comments about the lighting, totally unrealistic. Complaining about the price? Most other self-catering accommodation in this area in August is around £1000 per week. We love the area and this slightly challenging venue is one of the only affordable places to stay.

We were here in late July this year. Many vans were empty. A clear message for the owners, especially if the threats of further action are carried out.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank BirminghamWhizzer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2011

In the back of beyond, which wouldn't have been too bad if there was some on site entertainment. Paid for entertainment passes and the bar was not open at all, the whole week we were there. I complained the first morning we were there and was told I had to put it in writing when I got home. Any other camp site I have stayed at there have been things to do or at least a bar/club. It was the first time my mum has stayed at a caravan park and probably her last thanks to Sennen Holiday Park. It was the most expensive park I have stayed at as well. When we arrived they requested £20 deposit even though I had a cheque ready as requested. I since found out why, they managed to con another £3 from us by charging us for the admin fee to send money back. There were no lights around the park so as two ladies on out own we daren't go out when it started to get dark, so we could not walk to the local bar/restaurant. We checked in, went to the caravan, got settled in, went to cook. We needed matches to light cooker, went across to shop it was shut. Bar was supposed to be open according to times on door not open, as it never did. So had to walk to shop, we meet a few other unhappy holiday makers, going to the shop for the same reason. The beds are so uncomfortable, the caravans, all of them are really scruffy. I can honestly say I have never stayed anywhere like this before. My advise honestly to have a nice holiday and a good night sleep do not stay here.

• Stayed September 2011
5 Thank Ca55ie
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Arrived at this site after a 4 hour journey,checked in to be told that the bar, cafe, pool was closed i had paid £30.00 for club passes and nothing was open, there were 6 in our group one in a wheelchair so this made our stay abit difficult as we had no facilities on site they are not very helpful and wouldnt take any one there that is disabled. I was told to write a letter and i would get a refund (dont think so ) we found our caravan which seemed to be ok. The receptionist came running to our caravan to request for a £20.00 deposit her words( they will kill me if i dont get it) found this a bit strange but still brushed it off and carried on with my holiday was told i would get it back on departure, The children went to reception to ask for golf clubs to play on crazy golf to be told that they have to get it in the morning and that was the only time not very friendly

on check out went to give my keys and get my deposit back to be told you will get it back in the post, explained about the £30.00 charge for club passes and nothing was open, what looked to be the owners were very rude and said there was no chance i would get it back. I have sent a letter to the site and waiting a reply not going to hold my breath, will take futher if no refund is made

The surrounding area is lovely and there is a local pub about 5 minutes from the site i would not suggest any one booking a holiday there find somewhere else,

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Rebecca C
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Alarm bells should have rung at the start of the holiday hunt when we enquired about the caravans - the staff were so unhelpful. They are very strict on booking in and after a long journey it would be nice to be able to go the van, especially when they have told us the van's ready. Parents charged £5 pp to come and see us in the caravan (they were staying in their own caravan down the road) just in case I made them a cup of tea or they used our toilet!!!!!!! The caravn was very old, shabby, damp and cold. We paid an extortionate amount of money to hire shabby bedding and ended up borrowing extra off my parents as matresses were so lumy we needed extra padding and comfort!! Had to use our beach towels to sit on (one good point about lousy weather we never went on the beach!!) as the seats were damp! No where to hang wet towels after a shower. Limited laundrette opening times which is ridiculous when near the beach with a young family!! The oven and grill were so old it took an age to get anything cooked. The steps leading down form the caravn were dangerously high with no proper safe handrail. I think health and safety would have a field day. The shop was just awful couldn't even get milk and bread. Overall rate a BIG FAT 0! DON'T GO!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank NikkiLouP
Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Along with most other reviews of this very poor site we would give it a very big thumbs down after our early Sept. stay. Poor customer relations, awfull customer communication, bad management, scandalous and penny pinching and frankly dis-honest charges, scruffy and dirty mobile homes, nothing open, etc, etc. Management - You should be ashamed of yourselves!! DONT GO!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank bob p
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Having booked to stay in a ‘luxury lodge’ at a price of nearly £400, I was very much looking forward to my break to Seaview, especially having never been to Cornwall before. The website looked amazing - with many things to do on site – Bowling, Bar, restaurant etc. Upon booking, the staffs were polite, and sent my confirmation through the post immediately. Nothing was said to deter me, nor make me question holidaying here.

Full price paid up front, booking confirmation arrives in the post – check in strictly between 4.30pm & 6.30pm. No check in allowed sooner, and any later than 6.30pm the room would be deemed ‘cancelled’ and entry refused. I thought nothing of this.

After a 6 hour journey, we arrived at Sea View 4.10pm. Thought we’d try our luck, and see if we can check in. Everything was closed, lights off and not a member of staff in sight. We though this odd, however rules are rules, and we waited until 4.30pm.
4.30pm comes… and goes. Still no life in reception, the bar, bowling alley or restaurant. We decide to try the 3 telephone numbers plastered on the windows (1 of which was ‘in case of emergency’). No answer.
Time passed, and it was now 6.55pm. Exhausted and very upset, we were close to giving up, and leaving, however on the caravan park, found a house with a sign stating ‘staff only’, and hear one of the telephones ringing inside, when calling the numbers up on the windows. Persevering, knocking numerous times, no answer. Another holiday maker appears, having issues with his telly. He knocks on the house, and a lady answers – she owns the park.
As soon as we mentioned how long we had been waiting, and how upset we were that not one phone call had been answered, and no staff where there to pass us our key between the allocated hours, the owner became instantly defensive & abusive. Shouting at us, dismissing our grief, and screaming we were late! She put her back to us, and had no interest in providing us the service or product we had paid for.
Amongst all of this, we discovered from other holiday maker no amenities had been open for almost a week, and wouldn’t be for our time there – I was not told this when booking, and questioned why. The owner shouted in my face ‘I didn’t take your booking, so it’s not my responsibility’. And told us to ‘b*gger off’.

As the owner, this woman has a great deal to answer for and a responsibility for her staff, and her holiday park. The website is not reflective of what was sold to us, and therefore false advertising.

Absolutely deflated, we asked for a refund, seeing as we were not allowed what we had rightly paid for (we had not broken the contract, by being there in the T&C’s time slot). Again, we were shouted at and told no way.

I have never in my life, received such shocking abysmal customer services. I feel robbed, and embarrassed to have given this woman our money. We left approx. 7.30pm, and drove 6hrs home.
Since this event, we have reported Sea view Holiday Park to Watch Dog, and I have put in a claim and dispute with my bank to receive our money back. They are actioning this for me, I feel lucky to be able to do this.

A further report will be going to trading standards. The treatment we received was vile. The owners of this holiday park should be ashamed of themselves.

If the passion has gone, they should sell to someone who deserves to run a place like this.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
8 Thank SN-1985
sheffield
Reviewed September 10, 2011

After reading the terrible reviews on this site, I almost cancelled the holiday, which was a Sun bargain break, but my husband persuaded me otherwise, and off we went with trepedation in our hearts.
We didn't pay for any extra electrical items and did not confess to having any with us, only to find a tv, microwave and toaster were inside the caravan, we wondered if this was an oversight because I think you had to pay for these so called extras, which have always come free in other caravan parks we have frequented, so obviously we made good use of these items.
The caravan was past its best but it was clean and servicable. The site was tidy and had nice plants around. It was very dark at night because there is no street lighting on the site and when the sea fog came down it was very eerie but I guess the site owners cant be blamed for that.
Walks to Lands End and Sennon cove are very pleasant, and the surrounding areas are beautiful, of course being in Cornwall.
Thank god we did not have any complaints, we just booked in quietly and left quietly and hoping that we get our deposit of £20.00 back minus the so call admin fee of £3.00 which ......admit it is a rip off !!!!
As for food, The first and last inn was reasonable food but the pub itself could do with a thorough clean, The Old success Inn in Sennon cove was better, this had a seperate restaurant with waiter service and the food was good. The fish and chip shop in Sennen was awful, rubber chips and tastless fish.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dee063
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sennen
The Land's End Hotel
#1 of 1 in Sennen Cove
The Commercial
The Commercial
#1 of 9 in St Just

Been to SeaView Holiday Park? Share your experiences!