What a wonderful find! We were looking for a weekend of rest, relaxation and luxury to celebrate my husband's birthday and recharge our batteries after a hectic year and we found a gem. Our room was spacious and stylish, The recent refurbishment is of a very high quality and you really get a feeling of being spoilt. We ate in the restaurant for one night and the food is excellent - well up to its Michelin listed status - and it was so nice to eat it in such a relaxed environment. There is also a good selection of wines, all reasonably priced.
Jeremy is an excellent host. Unfortunately, whilst we were staying, the great British weather decided to do its worst and rising flood water meant the bar and restaurant were closed after breakfast on our first morning until we left (hence being unable to eat there on the second night). However, Jeremy kept on smiling, organised breakfast at the small cafe across the road and ensured that our break was affected as little as possible.
We shall certainly be returning, and would recommend to anyone who appreciates quality, attention to detail and excellent food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully restored former 16th century coaching that now offers 12 beautifully appointed rooms and award winning food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your New Inn Cerne Abbas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Inn Cerne Abbas Hotel Cerne Abbas
- New Inn Cerne Abbas Dorset