I very much enjoyed my recent stay at the Cadgwith Cove Inn. We arrived on a Sunday afternoon after a day touring the beautiful Lizard peninsula. The village of Cadgwith Cove is stunningly located and adorned with many lovely traditional thatched cottages.
We found the landlord to be extremely friendly, helpful and willing to answer any questions we had about various West Cornwall sites. The rooms were basic but comfortable. We did have to share a hallway bathroom but given the age of the premises we weren't surprised by that. In addition I believe their are plans to renovate the guest rooms. Room rates are extremely reasonable in my opinion.
As usual in Cornwall when it comes to food it's hard to go wrong with fish. My brother,who was my traveling companion, had the Megrim Sole and thought it superb. I opted for the steak and ale pie and found the meat a little tough.
Not quite sure why a recent reviewer was so surprised to have his credit card held behind the bar until the bill was settled. In my experience this is an increasingly common practice in many countries.
After the meal we returned to the main bar and enjoyed a few pints of the excellent local beer. Both the Cornish cider and the Tribute Cornish Pale Ale were excellent. A good mix of locals and tourists made for a nice evening in the bar.
The next morning we went for a 7am stroll around the village and down into the tiny harbour returning to the Inn for a very nice breakfast.
I would definitely recommend the Cadgwith Cove Inn if you are visiting this lovely part of Cornwall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 400 Year old Public House, Restaurant and Bed and Breakfast within a stones throw of the beach in stunning Cadgwith on the Lizard Peninsula. We have a cosy bar area which is open all day serving local ales, lagers, ciders, soft drinks, tea, coffee and hot chocolate. We also serve breakfast to non residents from 8.30 am - 9.30 am. We serve food from midday until 9pm. We have 7 bedrooms, 3 with en-suite shower rooms and 4 with a shared shower room and shared bathroom. These can be booked on a bed and breakfast basis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Book Direct Rooms, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cadgwith Cove Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cadgwith Cove Hotel Cadgwith
- Cadgwith Cove Inn Cornwall