“Friendly inn in a beautiful village.”
Review of Cadgwith Cove Inn

Cadgwith Cove Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Cadgwith B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I very much enjoyed my recent stay at the Cadgwith Cove Inn. We arrived on a Sunday afternoon after a day touring the beautiful Lizard peninsula. The village of Cadgwith Cove is stunningly located and adorned with many lovely traditional thatched cottages.

We found the landlord to be extremely friendly, helpful and willing to answer any questions we had about various West Cornwall sites. The rooms were basic but comfortable. We did have to share a hallway bathroom but given the age of the premises we weren't surprised by that. In addition I believe their are plans to renovate the guest rooms. Room rates are extremely reasonable in my opinion.

As usual in Cornwall when it comes to food it's hard to go wrong with fish. My brother,who was my traveling companion, had the Megrim Sole and thought it superb. I opted for the steak and ale pie and found the meat a little tough.

Not quite sure why a recent reviewer was so surprised to have his credit card held behind the bar until the bill was settled. In my experience this is an increasingly common practice in many countries.

After the meal we returned to the main bar and enjoyed a few pints of the excellent local beer. Both the Cornish cider and the Tribute Cornish Pale Ale were excellent. A good mix of locals and tourists made for a nice evening in the bar.

The next morning we went for a 7am stroll around the village and down into the tiny harbour returning to the Inn for a very nice breakfast.

I would definitely recommend the Cadgwith Cove Inn if you are visiting this lovely part of Cornwall.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Azeuro O
There are newer reviews for Cadgwith Cove Inn

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I do not recommend the Cadgwith Cove Inn. Although located in a lovely part of Cornwall, the service for guests is generally poor. I arrived one afternoon in August 2013 at 1415 for a three-night stay before visiting family in Padstow. After a long drive from the North of England, I was told that my room was not yet ready and would I like to wait for 30 minutes and ‘have a drink in the bar’. This seemed reasonable but, after repeated requests, it was not until 1545 that I eventually got into my room. My booking confirmation had stated that my room would be ready from 1400. Now readers are not going to believe what follows: I booked a table for dinner that evening. But I was asked by one of the owners (who was serving) to pay for it in advance (straight after I had ordered) even though I was staying there and had paid months earlier for 3 nights accommodation in full! Incredible as it may seem, I was actually given a bill at the table before my meal arrived! When I gave them my credit card, this was taken out of my sight and put into a ‘safe’ (this was actually a card sleeve placed behind the bar). Needless to say, this was very embarrassing and some other dining guests (and others in bar later on) could not believe what had happened either. I am widely travelled throughout the world and have never, ever, had this experience in hotels - or even one that comes remotely near to it.
Previous reports have said that staff at the Inn are very friendly. In my judgment, the ‘friendliness’ is empty, rather contrived and ‘scripted’. Whilst accepting that the owners had only taken over the Inn around 12 months previously, my experience was frankly unbelievable. I regret having to write this review but I feel I should warn others thinking of booking here. On the plus side, I am already ‘dining out’ on my ‘Fawlty Towers’ experience!
I would think very carefully about using the Cadgwith Cove Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank DrJohn49
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have just returned from a wonderful two night stay in Cadgwith Cove Inn. We booked on chance without doing any research but what a little gem.
The cove itself is a delightful place and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. The food was amazing for both the full english breakfast and the evening meals. It was wonderful to escape mobile phones and television for a whole weekend.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the en-suite - it is worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have just spent a great weekend staying at the Cadgwith Inn. it is a family run Inn and the food and accommodation are excellent ,it is well worth a visit .the only draw back is there is no mobile phone signal til you get to the top of the hill .

Room Tip: we were happy in room 3 but you will get a better view on the floor above.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Visited Cadgwith Cove today for the first time ever and what a fascinating place, one that I suspect has changed little in a century or more. From the car park you wander down along a series of footpaths between cottages until you arrive at the centre of this lovely fishing village, with colourful working boats drawn up onto the rocky beach/concrete ramp. There are a couple of shops and Cadgwith Cove Inn nearby, the latter serving a wide range of ales and ciders and good food. The staff were very pleasant and chatty and the whole atmosphere in the inn was great. It was a pity therefore that when we walked out into the centre of the village again that we, along with many other couples and some young families, were treated to a conversation between four local men sat on a bench amongst the lobster pots etc, when every other word was a four letter expletive. We know they were local, as we later saw two of them launch a boat when we were standing on the Todden. What a contrast between this place and Coverack just along the coast. We won't be visiting Cadwith again but would thoroughly recommend Coverack.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Tim P
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had high expectations and were not disappointed.
A gorgeous old pub in a delightful little village.
Friendly staff and good food. A liitle aged but that is all part of the character.
We only stayed one night but would have loved to have stayed longer - we will be back

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike Z
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Gorgeous old inn, clean room but could really do with a chair or sideboard, also a head height mirror..Fantastic food, the best and freshest fish and chips i have ever had. Great value for money, friendly owners. Will definitely be back..

Room Tip: Go for En-suite
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cadgwith
Mullion Cove Hotel
Budock Vean Hotel
Budock Vean Hotel
#1 of 2 in Mawnan Smith
Trengilly Wartha Country Inn

Been to Cadgwith Cove Inn? Share your experiences!