“A very busy pub, worth a visit though”

Cadgwith Cove Inn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Cadgwith
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Get here early or book in advance!!.The food was good and the prices average for pub food. The service was ok, although we did have to wait slightly longer than usual for our meals, but that's me being pickey!!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Excellent fresh fish off the boats that land opposite. I eat a lot at top London restaurants but felt the fish here was better quality. Visited twice during my stay in Cornwall. Many thanks indeed.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Booked a table in the bar for a meal on Tuesday 1st January 2013. Didn't realise that every Tuesday was Folk night at the Cadgwith Cove Inn. What a fantastic surprise. The atmosphere was incredible and I have to say that this was the best evening out my wife and I have had for a long time. The food was very good and the seafood chowder is a must.
Gary behind the bar was personable and attentive. We were made to feel very welcome indeed. We will be back and we will make sure we return on a Tuesday.
The walk back to Ruan Minor was short and the view of the unpolluted night sky above was inspiring. I don't think I have ever seen a clearer view of the cosmos.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed for dinner on the 23rd and had a pre dinner treat of folk singers which kept the children entertained and the pub full, when this finished a table was quickly laid for our party. Good food with the fishermans supper, which is a very large mixed grill, a certain challenge not for the faint hearted or light weights out there! Good food all round with very good staff on the day and Christmas Day which certainly goes to help. Christmas Day was very busy for drinks only with the whole village in attendance. Good atmosphere and excellent service! Good variety on the menu with the only problem of what to choose!

Having stayed in the area eight times before all I can say is ignore the older reviews as this does not reflect the fact it has been taken over recently and is very much improved keep up the good work and we will be back! Only criticism is that the wine list could be expanded to include a full body and robust red to go with the fisher mans supper and other steaks! Good cider and Guinness though!

All in all don't miss out on a lovely pub with good atmosphere, staff and food!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Christmas party meals are always a bit of a disappointment but not at the Cadgwith Cove Inn this year! A real effort had been made to accommodate the fourteen in our party, organising the table in a horseshoe so that everyone could see, and speak to everyone else. The table was decorated with crackers and tasteful Christmas novelties. Everyone enjoyed their meals, I had the Hot Winter Caesar Salad, followed by the Baked duo of Cod and Salmon and Sticky Toffee Pudding with clotted cream to finish. All the portions were generous and cooked to perfection, even the poached eggs on the Caesar salads were just right. Although the pub is in a remote location, the venue, the food and the atmosphere make this place the ideal venue for Christmas parties, I'll certainly be going there again.