“Try this place - well worth the drive”
Review of Rauda Husid

Rauda Husid
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Eyrarbakki
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Scandinavian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Enjoy wonderful food in a historic building in the quaint seaside town of Eyrarbakki. A 45-minute scenic drive from Reykjavik, less than 15 minutes from Selfoss, and your gateway to the south coast. So stop by for a bowl of hearty soup on your way out or a feast fit for royalty on your way back to your accommodation after a day of sightseeing. The historical and relaxing atmosphere at Rauda Husid welcomes you to enjoy excellent food, such as delicious lobster/langoustine and fish direct from the fishermen, Icelandic lamb and other dishes along with good wine and personal service.
Ottawa
“Try this place - well worth the drive”
Reviewed September 10, 2010

My husband and I discovered this by chance on a Sunday when we were looking for another restaurant. It was very busy with locals. We had the "Fishermen's Catch" which was actually lobster, cod, and catfish. It was a wonderful surprise. The service was good, everything was cooked absolutely perfectly, the presentation was impeccable. The menu has a good variety of seafoods and other Icelandic foods. We were so please that we returned the night before our flight home. It was equally good, but we were the only ones in the restaurant! This is a little town where they roll up the sidewalks near the end of the season. (we went September 1st)

• Chinese (Traditional) first
UK
“Gem off the beaten track”
Reviewed February 21, 2009

My husband and I discovered this little place, completely alone and unexpected. I hadn't heard of this place at all in any of the tourist brochures...and I'm glad to have discovered it.

It is not far from Reykjavik - you do need a car, but it is quintessential scandinavian decor, iceland food, and friendly hospitality. They serve seafood and a wonderful lobster soup. The food was very very good, and reasonable. Actually, I really didn't care what the prices were - it was the first excellent meal I had in Iceland truth be told.

Only icelandic people came to eat here. On the way home (taking the back roads back to Reykjavik) we saw the northern lights. It was a magical evening...this little red house appearing out of nowhere and then to be greeted by the northern lights. Magical, Iceland at it's best.